Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Recommend me a fast, reliable, cheap hosting!

Featured Replies

Hi,


Can someone recommend me a fast and reliable, also functional web hosting company. And it should be cheap, like below 7$ monthly if possible. Im using hostgator, bought a hosting for $0.01 and now they have billed me $10 for last month. No thanks! Im leaving

Have you asked why HostGator billed you as it might have been a mistake on their end which they quickly change for you.

Many people here suggest TSOHost but unsure if they will fit your budget or location if you are looking for a US based hosting provider.

 

What are you looking for in terms of location + general hosting spec (Linux or Windows / US, UK etc / cPanel or Plesk and so on)

 

I am sure lots of people will be happy to help you find a new hosting company :)

So from your list I see FAST is one of the key point ;)

 

I would recommend one of these companies: EUKHost / TSOHost / CWCS / Krystal Hosting

 

Good Luck!

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm with WebHostingBuzz at the moment - was with Hostgator before but moved when they had almost a day of downtime. I think they have servers in the UK and US so you can choose, plus the price for their basic webhosting is £2.49/$5 if I remember so around your price range.

 

Hope that helps!

I don't want this to sounds as a self-promotion or anything, but if you are looking for a cheap price, you may want to check MochaHost out. I work for that company, prices start at $1.95 for shared plans, which is pretty cheap. However, this price is for a 3 year commitment.. If you don't like it, naturally, there is a moneyback guarantee.

Tsohost are bringing in co-location hosting soon I believe. Might be worth firing them an email. They normally answer within minutes.

 

I recommend Tsohost.

Edited by jamesosix

Tsohost are bringing in co-location hosting soon I believe. Might be worth firing them an email. They normally answer within minutes.

 

I recommend Tsohost.

 

Do you mean they are brining in US services into their Colocation rack from a different provider?

No matter how recommended, cheap, reliable and fast a host claims to be, you need to read the small print and delve futher to find out if the hosting is suitable for your website's subject matter/traffic.

 

For example, if you plan to stream video, shared hosting packages are rarely suitable unless there are few sharers on the server. Video will take up CPU resources (10-20% or more) and if you are sharing the CPU with many other websites, you will run into reliability/delivery problems. Many hosts offer 'unlimited' bandwidth, but when you read the small print, they often have a 'resonable use' clause which means that there is a limit of 25GB per month or something similar. Some hosts will shut down your site until the next month if you over run these limits. You may also find that other sharers on the shared server will hog bandwidth which means that your site will be slower than normal.

 

Interestingly, it is often the smaller hosting companies that offer the most cheapest and most reliable hosting because they do not oversell space on their shared servers - meaning that there are plenty of rescources for your site.

 

If you don't do your research, these limitations often only come to light when you have a problem. So no matter how cheap, and how well recommended, you need to satisfy yourself that it will do the job for you.

  • 4 weeks later...

Depending on the website you want to launch, your hosting could be cheap, or not cheap. For example if you want to have a e-commerce web store, or you plan to have lots of traffic etc., you should choose your hosting provider and hosting plan very carefully. In the case of e-commerce, high traffic site, you should settle for VPS/cloud hosting, in most other cases shared hosting should be enough.

 

You could try http://www.host1plus.com/ hosting service, they have shared, VPS, cloud, dedicated hosting plans for a good price, and are reliable. You can choose a server from USA, United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore and Lithuania.

Do you mean they are brining in US services into their Colocation rack from a different provider?

 

Hi all, just to clarify on above point...

 

We have three data centres, 2 in Slough and 1 in Maidenhead. For the US we are looking to potentially use Equinix, but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

 

 

Tsohost are bringing in co-location hosting soon I believe. Might be worth firing them an email. They normally answer within minutes.

 

I recommend Tsohost.

 

Thank you for the <3

I always use this one http://www.wesh.co.uk/ he makes a promise that he does not overcrowd the servers like most hosts, I have also never had any down time with him, he uses cpanel etc and he responds to enquiries in good time. (he also gives the right advice at to your package and what hosting plan you really need so you are not paying for more than you actually use - within his package guidelines)

Edited by Fuzzy Logic

  • 3 weeks later...

Location US/UK

-fast

-reliable

-99,99% up

- great cpanel

fast

-fast

about $5 month - top

 

Windows or Linux? Have you try to googling it? On US I can recommend asphostportal.com

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm obviously a little biased, but I would recommend you try HostGap.co. We are fast, cheap, and reliable. I can even offer you a special discount if you PM me.

  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using site5 for several years without complain, http://www.site5.com/hosting/web/

 

I am currently moving off them but that's because they are US based and I'm the UK on top of the normal price I have to pay nearly £4.00 on currency exchange and foreign transaction fees my bank charges me as they don't have a UK center so they charge me from the states. I also have to pay extra to have my server located in London so not recommenced for Brits but the Americans should be OK.

 

Their best feature is support via online chat 24/7, they're always there and their staff is very highly knowledgeable and extra friendly

 

TSOhost seems promising but no support via online chat, only online ticket which can be a pain sending it backwards and forwards, I know the guys from TSO are always here so I wonder if there's any plan to bring live chat?

 

Thanks

Hi,

 

You can check tophostinguk.com/billing/cart.php, recently my friend purchased word press web hosting from here. This web hosting company also offering some discount (Upto 50% off for 1st three months). Hope this will help you.

  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think Hostgator is a good option as well. Really good prices but just don't expect too much on support But if you know your way around things, then it will be a good option for you. 1.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.