Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carlitoz88

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Carlitoz88

  1. It's hard to find cheap hosting provider that offer reliable support. Use Godaddy for domain registration only. For hosting wordpress, you can try asphostportal. Their price is fairly enough
  2. Dear All Expert in this forum, I have posted my question on this forum too http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/81504-uk-or-us-hosting/. But, it seems that I need to create new post in this forum. I hope all expert can help me here. I'm planning to migrate my site to new hosting provider as my previous hosting provider doesnt support new technology like ASP.NET 4.5. I want to use ASP.NET 4.5 as I want to use the new feature on ASP.NET 4.5. I hope I can finish the migration at the end of this month. I have compared about few hosting provider that support ASP.NET 4.5. But, I only narrow it to 3 hosting providers that I think they have best offer and features. I get 3 names here, hostforlife.eu, netcetera, and dasp. Anyone have experience with this hosting provider? At this moment, I prefer to sign up with http://hostforlife.eu. In my opinion, they have rich features with low pricing and this become very attractive for me. I just want to make sure again if I go with correct hosting provider. Please kindly share your experience if you've ever tried them. Thank you
  3. If your target market is UK, then the best option is to find UK hosting provider. I'm also looking for UK hosting provider, but I NEED windows hosting. Any recommendation please? I have read good positive reviews from hostforlife.eu. Anyone here ever try this hosting provider? They have attractive windows hosting plan and I see that Microsoft also recommend their ASP.NET services. In my head now, there are only 3 hosting provider that I will register, hostforlife.eu, netcetera, and discountasp. I have compared this 3 hosting provider and I see prefer hostforlife. Good pricing, good review, rich features. Any feedback is highly appreciated here. Thank you
  4. It seems there is something miss to be configured. Please kindly ask your hosting provider that MIME tipe like .ogv, .mp4 have been setup on the server
  5. You can purchase SSL from your hosting provider. Hosting provider basically provide domain, web hosting, and also SSL.
  6. Hi there, The difference between windows and linux is from their license. If you use windows, it will be more costly because the hosting provider MUST pay for the license, but if you use Linux hosting, then it will be cheaper, Linux use FREE license. If you use ASP.NET language, then I would recommend you to use windows hosting. As windows is more suitable for ASP.NET. The advantages using Windows is you can run both ASP.NET and PHP. ASP.NET language is more friendly. I also use ASP.NET programming. Check here: - Why use Windows Cloud Hosting - Advantages using windows hosting
  7. Hi Keith, No... No... Your provider wont charge you. But, you need to understand first. When you TRANSFER your domain to your new provider/registrar, your domain will be automatically renewed for 1 year, so the fee that you pay is for domain renewal fee, not transfer fee. Please kindly differentiate with POINT your domain. If you point your domain, then you wont be charged this fee. I hope my explanation clear. Or for better answer, you can contact your hosting provider.
  8. You can use hostforlife.eu. Their plan is affordable and they also offer wordpress.
  9. Never heard of their name. If you only host small websites, I would recommend you to check hostforlife.eu hosting plan. Their price is affordable and Microsoft recommend their service, please check http://www.microsoft.com/web/hosting/HostingProvider/Details/953
  10. You can contact your domain registrar. If you forgot who is your registrar, you can use whois.net to check it.
  11. Hmm... Someone spam your site? Can you please check how long the visitors on your site? I'm afraid the bot access your site.
  12. I choose Wordpress. Wordpress is easy to customize and it is very famous CMS. I like it.
  13. Windows or Linux? Have you try to googling it? On US I can recommend asphostportal.com
  14. For files, you need to download from your old provider. You can using FTP tools to download it and then upload to your new hosting provider. For emails, please donwload it first on your Outook. I believe that your hosting provider will help you about the migration. If you dont have abolity to restore your db via their CP, you can ask their support team to restore the db for you.
  15. UK provider? You may check asphostdirectory.com. Their price seems great
  16. There are many good hosting provider. You may check godaddy, asphostportal.com, hostgator.
  17. It depends on your need and your requirement. Do you use PHP or ASP.NET to develop your site? How many disk space, bdnwith, etc? For ASP.NET site, you can try asphostportal.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.