Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KCooper

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KCooper

  1. Thanks for the input, mate. Yeah I do agree with you, now I've had a sleep and gone back to it it would fit into the rest of the design if it wasn't so angular. As I said still early days so lots of work still to do to it I'm glad to have made you smile, as it is the season to be jolly, but I don't get why? Kyle
  2. haha, you know what? As SOON as I had edited my post I thought of my comment. Haha, well, consider me having eaten my metaphorical hat
  3. Try seperating the background rules, ie, background-color, background-image, background-position etc, and seeing if that works. Also, double check the relative positioning of the image url. Are you working on this locally or on a server? Try an absolute url instead. Kyle
  4. Spent a couple of hours working on a redesign of my current portfolio site. It is still relatively early days into the redesign and is by no means perfect, but any comments on it thus far would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance, Kyle
  5. haha, Lev, thats brilliant. Might have to start showing this to prospective clients, lol
  6. Yeah the wordpress site is a bit of a minefield, especially when you are first starting out... certainly not the most user friendly experience. I've actually just purchased a book from amazon on wordpress; "Smashing Wordpress; beyongd the blog". I'm going to use it as a reference guide as I work through implementing my new portfolio design directly into wordpress. I've seen wordpress asked for on a number of job specifications now, and if nothing else its another string to my bow. Kyle
  7. Number 4. "Oh and I'll give you £50 as it should only take a day or two". Right, whos the one with the knowledge here?! lol
  8. Yeah make sure you are totally comfortable with XHTML and CSS before moving onto PHP. As Ash said above, I'm in a similar position; I have spent the last 8/9 months on XHTML and CSS and only now am I moving onto PHP. Not to say this must be the same for you, but its really worth making sure you understand HTML and CSS really well.
  9. I did this for my blog a couple of months ago, I just dived right in and played around until I eventually got it looking the same as the rest of my (non-wordpress based) site. So long as you are competent with HTML and CSS, and are willing to dive in head first you shouldn't have any real problems I found it to be quite an enjoyable learning curve to be honest!!
  10. Nice tutorial, mate. You didn't sound too nervous to be honest, and it'll only get more polished as you gain more experience
  11. My girlfriend has been literally driving me nuts playing "holidays are coming". Its her phones alarm, ring tone and message tone, if I hear it ONE more time... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogetBqMgau0 GGAAAAARGHHHHHH!!!
  12. First of all when I hit the "brick wall" with web design, I find stopping what you are doing and doing something completely different, if only for a few hours, is the best thing you can do. Then when I wish to get back into the project, I'll take my time and write out a list with a break down of realistic goals. I usually find if I make a few of these goals REALLY easy to achieve, the feel good factor of getting to tick them off spurs me into tackling the more difficult goals. Kyle
  13. I'm going to start getting some serious hands-on experience with Wordpress soon, and I was just wondering what default theme do you guys start with to build into your own theme? Do you just stick with the stock theme, twentyten (or something I believe it is?) or is there another theme you prefer to start off with? I understand what theme you choose may well depend on what the site you are trying to create will eventually look like, but is there a particular theme you would recommend that you generally find to be a great starting point? I was researching this on the internet and came across one called 'thematic' which labels itself as a Wordpress 'theme framework', then started going round in circles google'ing different themes so thought I'd ask here for some advice Thanks in advance for any input!! Kyle
  14. Congratulations! I hear the salary is most excellent Kyle
  15. I can usually be found running around like a headless chicken picking up all my christmas presents on christmas eve, and getting annoyed that everyone else appears to be doing the same. Hypocrisy, eh? Kyle
  16. I can vouch for OpenOffice, been using it for months and it does the job admirably.
  17. I would just go for an external hard drive, personally mate. Western Digital are an excellent hard drive manufacturer, and I've had a few Seagate drives in my computer and have had no problems with them either. I'm actually looking to get an external hard drive for christmas too, and I will more than likely go for a Western Digital drive. Only thing left to consider is the storage space, and perhaps the form factor of the drive, if its physical size is a concern for you. Theres probably no point in going any smaller than 500GB as this is so cheap these days anyways, and usually for £15quid or so more you can get 1TB. Kyle
  18. KCooper replied to jtm's topic in General Chat
    I found that converting photoshop mockups to valid xhtml/css was a huge help to me. Do a google search, there are tons of tutorials out there. Even better, make your own photoshop mockup and convert that. Kyle
  19. I think its fantastic. Been really taking my time playing through, and its been a joy. The first Assassins Creed really was nothing more than an impressive tech demo, there was barely any "game" actually there. The second Assassins Creed was what the first one should have been, and I thought it was a massive improvement. The third Assassins Creed, Brotherhood, is awesome. There isn't as large a leap as there was from number 1 to number 2 but they have just really refined everything now. I rarely find the missions repetitive, they really seem to have managed to make each mission feel fairly fresh. Personally I'm not finding the story quite as involving, but this is more Assassins Creed 2.5 as opposed to Assassins Creed 3 so thats fair enough. and I am only about 50% of the way through so that may change... Plus, there is SO many different things to do at any given time I barely know what to do next... All in all, great game. Unfortunately, as with so many other games, it has fallen under the radar due to the behemoth that is Call Of Duty. Kyle
  20. All you need really is a computer with a text editor and internet access, and loads and loads of determination. Start by looking to do websites for friends and family, for free if not for a discounted price. When you are just starting out a few pieces for your portfolio is practically priceless, you will get nowhere without these. Oh, and welcome to the forum! Kyle
  21. Thats a lot better Looking slick I don't know about the blue "creative" behind the "full circle" though, pretty difficult to read and looks a bit like a smudge Kyle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.