Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New to Web Design

Featured Replies

Just recently I have learned CSS and HTML and have become fairly fluent in it. I have SAMS Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours and another book from the school I currently go to. What would be the next stepping stone to learning web design? I've also went through the W3C schools tutorial!

 

Thanks,

 

-Taylor

Hello,

It's time to start to apply your knowledge into practise. Create, say, your own homepage.

  • Author

Hello,

It's time to start to apply your knowledge into practise. Create, say, your own homepage.

 

I actually have created multiple small pages, but nothing too in depth. So just keep playing around and see what I can do?

Create for the sake of creating. see if there is anyone out there looking for a site (charity, voluntary organisation etc) and offer them to do it for your portfolio and knowledge.

Create for the sake of creating. see if there is anyone out there looking for a site (charity, voluntary organisation etc) and offer them to do it for your portfolio and knowledge.

 

Very good idea. If you also want to continue your learning then start learning other languages too. Javascript (client side) PHP and MySQL (server side) there are more but these are some of the most widely used languages.

 

Create HTML and CSS pages and make sure they are W3C compliant etc there are sites that will be able to check your coding for any errors.

 

Regards,

J

I found that converting photoshop mockups to valid xhtml/css was a huge help to me. Do a google search, there are tons of tutorials out there. Even better, make your own photoshop mockup and convert that.

 

 

Kyle

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.