Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Finding motivation in life

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

There seem to be a variety of posts from people who are struggling to find motivation to accomplish their work or reach their goals, something that happens to all of us at some-point!

 

I thought we could start a thread for people to post how they find motivation when you hit that dreaded wall. To provide people with a set of solutions that could help them along their way!

 

For me, I found that writing out a clear set of goals helped motivate me. Reading 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill helped a lot, putting me into the state of mind to work towards my goals.

 

So what have you guys done to keep motivated? Anything you would like to share?

 

Take it easy,

 

Jasbery

First of all when I hit the "brick wall" with web design, I find stopping what you are doing and doing something completely different, if only for a few hours, is the best thing you can do.

 

Then when I wish to get back into the project, I'll take my time and write out a list with a break down of realistic goals. I usually find if I make a few of these goals REALLY easy to achieve, the feel good factor of getting to tick them off spurs me into tackling the more difficult goals.

 

 

Kyle

First of all when I hit the "brick wall" with web design, I find stopping what you are doing and doing something completely different, if only for a few hours, is the best thing you can do.

 

Then when I wish to get back into the project, I'll take my time and write out a list with a break down of realistic goals. I usually find if I make a few of these goals REALLY easy to achieve, the feel good factor of getting to tick them off spurs me into tackling the more difficult goals.

 

 

Kyle

 

Ive got a whiteboard i havent used in a while, so cleaned it and now im writing my goals down, I feel more satisfied when ticking each one by one :)

 

Im also taking my time with the projects and thinking relisticly it seems not only am i more motivated im thinking better.

  • Author

I think I might try your writing a list of really simple goals KCooper. Instead of writing out a small list of big tasks I need to accomplish today, I'll break them down even further.

 

Cheers for your input guys, some great stuff!

 

Take it easy,

 

Jasbery

I would do what KCooper suggests, go and do something completely different. I find going for a walk works perfect for me.

 

I read on a blog the other day and to quote "do be good at what you do, do less of it"

I always have a list of goals or tasks that i want to complete, when i hit a "brick wall" i find a workout or as said something completely different helps alot whether its shooting something on a computer game or going out for an hour or so.

 

and lets not forget my favorite, going to make a cup of tea and comming back with it :p.

  • 2 weeks later...

My needs get me motivated. I am trying to collect budget for some of my campaigns on adwords and get my site rolling. That keeps me motivated.

Try to get married :).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.