January 11, 201016 yr 18 - at uni. I'd tried when I was much younger, the concept of creating websites interested me. But being young and naive I went about it the wrong way and really learnt nothing.
January 11, 201016 yr I was 15 when I started learning way back in 1999, using notepad even though DW had been around for 2 years then
January 11, 201016 yr around the age of 16, which was around 2001/2 i think during my a-levels, i can still remember how the site looked, quite a pathetic site it was lol, used frontpage back then
January 11, 201016 yr I was about 13 / 14 when I first started playing with online site builders using odd bits of HTML (good 'ol <marquee> tag!) Must have been about 14 / 15 when I first started playing in Notepad with HTML! Been going on and off until I started uni in September '08 where this is pretty much all I do with my time! Developed my first database driven site when I was 18.
January 13, 201016 yr 14/15 then when I was 16 I had a huge site, started making money off it then realized this is for me!
January 13, 201016 yr I started at 17 around 2003/04 but stopped after a year and have only got back into it in the last 6 months. My first site was a fan site here http://www.springfield-connection.com/?x=about There's a little about it.
January 14, 201016 yr At first I got into IT by building computers, and networking solutions with various Cat-types for my father at around the age of 14, I was obsessed and have been ever since. Aged 16 I built my first professional websites for a profit, and aged 18 I have my own portfolio to help pay for accomodation whilst in flying school and have now delved into homebrew CMS!
January 14, 201016 yr I started around the age of 13, at the time i was playing a game known as ny-mafia and people would pay millions (game money) for sigs so i decided to get myself a copy of photoshop and from there on i started designing. It wasnt specifically web design but thats how it all began for me . I think i built my first site at the age of 15 for a real client and i was paid too !
January 15, 201016 yr My first page with hyperlinks? It was an assignment back in school, where I was naturally also introduced to flash, something that meant to stick to me like some frigging part of my body.
January 19, 201016 yr I was 13 when I got into it but always just downloaded free layouts then amended them haha few years later at about 15 I really started messing around with the html and css and was offered a job to do freelance work for a company, at the age of 16 I was designing and coding pretty good.
January 19, 201016 yr I started when I was about 16. I used to be into eWrestling and I learned all the tags I needed to style up my roleplays (font tag FTW!) I slowly build that up to a framed table-based website. I didn't start seriously playing with HTML until I was 18ish but I paused while I was at uni. I only seriously considered this to be a worthy profession (and therefore skills I should improve and properly learn) in the summer of '08
January 20, 201016 yr Haha e-Wrestling I never even knew such a thing existed! I only started last year and I'm 27 Is it a lost cause?
January 23, 201016 yr 8- Me and my best mates had no life and decided one lunchtime to get a book named something along the lines of "how to make your first website ", and followed the instructions on notepad. We then proceeded to create a website that should of been a crime against humanity, think tables, think yellow background, think blue text, think marquees, think 101 animated GIFs. 9- downloaded frontpage express 9 1/2 got serif webplus 5 or 6 , can't remember which one but never figured out how to use FTP 10 did a lot of freeserve free web creater websites 11 got the next version of webplus and figured out ftp 12 got this program where its like notepad but it gives you heavy guidence on how to code- I remember something like '2' or '2nd' being in the title, can't remember lol 12 1/2 got into proboards, had one on cyberpets, another on animals 13 got into invisionfree boards and freewebs and had about 10 at one point for different topics. Eventually made a resource forum for the service which grew to over 2000 members and then got cracked into later because one of our staff was a mole for a rival forum. Durr....learnt basic CSS for IF boards 14 got into dreamweaver (think it was MX) and got my first proper computer for my birthday. I still remember the spec today, windows XP, 17 in lcd screen 80 gb HD, 512 ddr ram, 1.7 GHz (or was it 2.7?) ahh...the good old days . Developed CSS skills to be applied to 'proper' webpages 15 got into more invisionfree boards and made "staff" at many more (lol) 16 got studio 8, learnt pascal 17 got CS2 trial, learnt delphi (objected orientated) 18 got CS3 trial, expression trial, learnt java and very basic php This year I might save up for CS4 and am trying with all my might to continue learning java, although I am banding my head against the wall several times a day.
January 23, 201016 yr I like the way your first steps start at 8 and have two 9's - are you drunk? I guess, it is not quite, I think k9ruby meant the interim step - 9 and 1/2 (yrs). Of course one cannot exclude the possibility that k9ruby was drunk. Why not?
February 1, 201016 yr I was about 11 when I 1st started getting in HTML. first site online when i was 13.5
February 2, 201016 yr I was 31 when I first learned all this nonsense! Still learning, still nonsense!
March 30, 201016 yr 8- me and my best mate sat down in our library at break and tried to make a monstrosity of a website thanks to "Html for kids". It was a true crime to humanity, yellow background, blue text, red marquee, zillions of animated GIFs the lot! 9- won a drawing competition and brought myself serif WebPlus 5 and a snazzy printer with the prize money (I think) 10 - made a freeserve site as still hadn't worked out how to use the WebPlus FTP client. Teacher wanted me to try to sit the IT GCSE early but forgot about it . 11 - made stacks of freeweb's sites on robot dogs, my friends and real dogs 11 1/2 - downloaded frontpage express and brought webplus 7 - figured out how to make a intranet site and had various proboards sites 12- set up a invisionfree resource board community, which eventually got 2000 members before it was shut down (I know, very naughty naughty...it was 1 month before my 13th bday! Learnt basic forum skin CSS. Learnt to use Ulead PhotoImpact. 13- got frontpage 2000 or whatever it was called, made quite a few Geocities and CJB sites. (Bad I know, spyware spyware spyware!!!). 14- downloaded this program I cant remember what it is called, but made html coding easier and convinced it had 2 in the name. 15- got studio 8 for my birthday (student edition). Learnt basic website CSS. Learnt to use flash, fireworks, photoshop, dreamweaver etc 16- got A for IT GCSE (2 marks off A*, must let it go *sobs* ). Work experience volunteer at local charity helping out with general IT stuff. 17- started to go into actionscript a bit, started my own proper blog. Learnt very basic Pascal and Delphi. Built site for local neighborhood campaign for free. Learned how to make pages validate w3c wise. 18- Ran my own IT club and Wii club single handedly at my school for KS3. :)Fun times Did email newsletter for friends company. Got some work shadowing in at the local police e-services dept. Got something like 96% for web design module at a-level, and then told I would of got the full marks if I had added a splash intro screen (I thought they were going out of fashion!?) 18- Started Uni degree in Web Design, recently learned very basic Java (Which, in turn, has probably knocked a good 10 years off my life expectancy and has confirmed I am defiantly a front end designer ). Learned very basic PHP. Have learned that Netbean's is generally a good thing, I know people will disagree! 19- Got student edition of Web Premium CS4 for my birthday (I am very lucky I know ) of which I LOVE :)Have found out in recent assignment for web design, I was 1 mark off a 1st. Dammit! Determined to get 1sts in all of my assignments this semester, barring OOEDP which, quite frankly is laughing at me and there is such thing as miracles if I get 41%. I'm not a logical person.
April 1, 201016 yr I started when I was 27 and what got me into it was, whilst i was learning photoshop, I saw a slicing tutorial on youtube where it showed importing those images in the lovely Dreamweaver and to make an easy website using those slices. God I wished I never saw that tutorial as I've probably aged 40 yrs and should of left it to these young whipper snappers! I cant believe these ages everyone is saying! I think when I was 10, there was only the rm nimbus type pc's god I remember them floppy discs the size of record sleeves you couldn't fit them in your pocket unless you were a clown! I think I stop there before I get into the other computers like the Atari, Spectrum zx, oh here's one who had the Atari ST?
April 1, 201016 yr I fell in love with it when I was around 15/16, I don't know the exact age. Using Frontpage *UGH* but at the time i loved it (yes really). creating huge tables with borders and every title had another font/bold/color.. and beautifull repeated backgrounds of some beach picture found on a search engine.. It's even still for 50% on webarchive lol so funny. Didn't know anything about database/php offcourse so I can't remember how much htmls i've used(maybe don't wanna know) ahhh the old days...
April 1, 201016 yr Ah, I remember my first computer *nods*. Family computer, 'Tiny' 10GB HDD, 32mb ram, crt screen, 56k modem :S Age 8.
April 1, 201016 yr I remember making programs on my spectrum zx when I was like 8. After hours of work I made a line move across the screen or something - good times
April 1, 201016 yr I started building websites when I was 12 because I really needed to tell people how cool Digimons were. God bless Geocities and Bravenet with their awesome WYSIWYG website tools! Still, it gave me the bug so I learnt HTML in the following months and the rest, as they say, is history.
April 1, 201016 yr now age 15, well a year ago in web builders but that was just messing with templates. im so new to this lol
April 1, 201016 yr I started building websites when I was 12 because I really needed to tell people how cool Digimons were. God bless Geocities and Bravenet with their awesome WYSIWYG website tools! Still, it gave me the bug so I learnt HTML in the following months and the rest, as they say, is history. Haha I forgot about Bravnet! I've got to go check if this is still around, nice trip down memory lane lol
Create an account or sign in to comment