Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which browser do you use the most? Be honest.

Browser Battle 105 members have voted

  1. 1. Which browser do you use the most?

    • Firefox
      61%
      60
    • Internet Explorer
      7%
      7
    • Safari
      9%
      9
    • Chrome
      17%
      17
    • Opera
      3%
      3
    • Netscape
      0%
      0
    • Camino
      0%
      0
    • Other
      1%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Just interested to find out which browser you use the most. I'm a Firefox person myself, I've tried other browsers but I keep getting lured back all my add-ons. :)

At the moment it's FireFox as I too love playing with the add-ons but Opera was catching-up for general browsing but that might all be overtaken by Chrome soon enough,

All versions of IE are crap. Period.

 

I use FIREFOX for all my browsing and all other browsers (Safari, Opera, Chrome, IE6 :bad:, IE7 :bad: etc.) for testing.

Safari and firefox here....leave ie for hubby to test for me lol.

 

Mesach - should your ie6 green face be GREENER? lmao

On my MacBook I use Safari for general browsing and Firefox for developing. On my PC I use Firefox, however I've not been using Firefox as much lately in favour of Opera. On a side note, anyone tried Opera 10 Alpha yet? The new rendering engine is very impressive.

I respect people who use IE...

 

they probably have never tried firefox?

 

What makes someone like IE? sorry im just curious.

 

Anyway, Chrome for me on Windows and Firefox on MAC

IE7

 

Why's that?

 

 

Mesach - should your ie6 green face be GREENER? lmao

 

Yeah it should be a little bit.

 

 

EDIT: IE6 = Puke_SKTM8E.gif

I use firefox for everything. I can't stand IE anymore, in IE7 they added tabs like firefox got, but they load far to slow :/ 1-2 seconds more is still to much!

  • Author

I'm glad to see Firefox is in the lead!

 

A lot of the non-tech people I know just assume IE is the only way to look at web pages. :mellow:

ff3 with foxyproxy n fireftp, i hardly erver use other browsers (for browsing).

 

ps one feature of ie7 i do like is the auto-hide of the file menu bar.

 

and ie8 is avalible in test mode is it not?

I might try it out over this weekend

i use firefox and IE about the same.

 

Thou i like firefox more....

I use IE for some of website (due to being saved in my favs) and firefox for the others...... and when coding i use all of them.....

 

E x

Just interested to find out which browser you use the most. I'm a Firefox person myself, I've tried other browsers but I keep getting lured back all my add-ons. :)

FIREFOX! :lol:

  • 4 months later...

I have only just joined but I would ask why no-one has mentioned Avant Browser? (Is it that bad?) lol

 

Just interested as it is what I am trying out at the moment, got totally fed up with IE7, tried Firefox and did not like it but I have not tried Chrome yet.

 

Thanks

Safari - but I also use Firefox when doing any form of design work. Safari is just great for general browsing. I love the quick links with the bookmarks bar :)

Firefox... partly because it's pretty good with standards, and partly cause of Adblock Plus ;)

Firefox. Too Many Add ons to say no! I think if chrome was to have as many plugins/addons as firefox I'd be with chrome.. Cus lets fact it... Google's taking over the world! :):o

Firefox, it has absolutely everything you need. I would use Google Chrome, but for the time being I'm happy with what I've got. Until Chrome comes out of beta, it's likely that I'll stick with Firefox. I've tried pretty much every browser under the sun and Firefox is by far the best one.

 

SEO Addon, IETab, Fasterfox, Web Developers Toolbar, Firebug, CodeMonkey (or whatever it's called)...

Firefox,

 

The greatest all round browser on the web today. Always!

I use chrome as my main browser, but still go back to firefox for web design thanks to all of the wonderful plug-ins :) what would we do without them? ^_^

  • 2 weeks later...

Safari on Windows and Mac for normal browsing (because it's fast and looks nice).

 

IE/Opera/Chrome/Firefox for testing client websites in different browsers.

  • 1 month later...
I exclusively use IE6. In fact I'm running XP through VirtualBox on my Mac right now, just so I can use IE6.

I'm in love with your name! And lol!

 

 

In fairness, IE8 isnt all that bad... Previous versions of IE suck but ah well!

 

Firefox I find pretty annoying to use. Every time it gets opened by me I have 100 addon updates to install. - I know i only have to click skip / download them but I like things to work first time. Eg. Ive clicked firefox because I want to use the internet NOT because I want to update a million updates for the program.

 

Chrome on the other hand downloads in the background and is just so fast & sexy to look at. The only thing that lets it down is the lack of extensions, (I hope they download in the background too!) and the websites that are stupid to not allow anything other than firefox or internet explorer to use it properly -> BOOTS Photo.

Opera. :wub: Used it for several years now. Have tried both Firefox and Chrome, but Opera is just ... :wub:

Which browser do you use the most?

 

IE7 - not because I want to, but because I often help people with coding problems and I need to see what their page looks like in IE7.

 

Firefox is my favourite browser, but I reckon most of the time I can code well enough not to cause problems in FX, but I need IE7 first and IE6 next to sort out problems, and I need IE7 for MS updates.

 

Firefox is much better for playing videos and video calling; IE7 always seems to block videos or need extra clicks unless I've got the settings just right.

Firefox all the way!

 

IE pisses me off really...latest IE8 crashes quite a lot on one of my XP machines..

Firefox, because unlike the other browsers, it has the following;

 

ColorZilla

Download StatusBar

Fast Video Download

Firebug

FireFTP

FoxTab

HTML Validator

MeasureIt

Screengrab

Web Developer Toolbar

 

Soon as, say chrome or safari has it, I'll make the swap. Until then? I'm sooo foxxy.

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all....

 

Currently i am using Google Chrome, and very much satisfied with its performance. As per the article on internet Chrome is faster in processing the web page compare to Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox because it process JavaScript fast compare to other browser....

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Firefox 3 for day to day browsing, and initial site testing.

 

FF2,IE6,IE7,IE8,Safari blah blah, you know the drill.......for cross-browser testing after that.

Mainly Firefox 3.5.3 (with Web Developer Toolbar and Firebug). Testing in FF3, 3.5, IE6, 7 & 8, Opera & Safari on Mac & PC.

 

BenTheDesigner

i've been playing with Chrome lately, love the thing.. simple and fast, perfect for reading and writing blogs, design wise, I have to use firefox, simply for the plugins and add-ons.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.