Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FH - Tim

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FH - Tim

  1. If it's a few then free but if it's more than one page and quite a lot then I'd expect hourly rate or fixed fee. Although we are a web host, we inevitably get design/coding requests and our hourly rate is £50 + vat which may be quite high in comparison to freelance designers/coders. Although I may be completely wrong of course. It's the same rate we charge for admin work and a like because it takes up a member of staff for that time period. Compared to some hosts it's cheap . As others have said, post your site and people can check it and see what state it's in.
  2. I am new to twitter, so I hope you don't mind that I'm now following a few of you
  3. I know most hosts include fantastico deluxe as well which provides a one click install of Joomla and a few other CMS's.
  4. Well you don't need to transfer it in order to continue using it, just change the nameservers to point to your new host. That said, if you want to transfer it to a new registrar then if you have paid for it and are the registrant (owner) then they legally must transfer it once the 60 day hold period has passed (60 days from the day of registration). If it's a .co.uk then it's very simple you can request they just change the TAG to your new registrar.
  5. Sorry I seem to be posting at the same time as you ! Well you can buy the .co.in domain from lot's of places, www.moniker.com www.enom.com as well us Do you want the hosting in the UK,USA or India ?
  6. They provide hosting if you pay extra for it, but like my last post I'd really advise against using them for hosting. Godaddy will also be hosted in the USA even if you pay via the uk version or at least that's what I've been told.
  7. I'd highly suggest not buying hosting from Godaddy, they are fine for domains but that's it. If you google for godaddy hosting reviews you should get some results Some people also like to keep domains and hosting with separate company's as well.
  8. Sounds quite typical I'm afraid. You can host your site anywhere, all you need is to change the nameservers for your domain at 123-reg to your new hosts and your set.
  9. FH - Tim replied to Dizi's topic in General Chat
    True, but they charge a fair bit by the hour and tend to be a bit miffed if you don't have a camera even for "pretend" Cheers !
  10. FH - Tim replied to Dizi's topic in General Chat
    Okay I want your job... I'll have a cold one please, on the house of course ?
  11. Don't forget that some people like to deal with people they can see face to face and that's one of the reasons reseller accounts are popular. As well as with jobs like being a web designer you may want to offer web hosting alongside your main services. Reseller accounts are perfect for that. If you pick the right host then you only need to worry about your end of things.
  12. Well your going to need to clarify exactly what you want to achieve with said document.
  13. FH - Tim replied to jibee's topic in Website Hosting
    Glad to see you moved from 123 reg, do let us all know how you get on.
  14. Given the requirements of magento and the nature of most stores that use it a managed dedicated server may be your best bet.
  15. Don't forget that VPS is still shared resources (processor) and you would still largely be best off starting off on a dedicated if you expect any growth. If you want vps then avoid the budget ones as the performance from them may not even be comparable to a "good" shared host.
  16. We have had the same, in some cases giving the run around just to seemingly avoid them leaving. Very canned responses. Like most domain registrars, fine for domains not for hosting.
  17. It's just to put it in line with the rest of UI, 1&1 etc. Odd that they chose to publicise it so much given that it's hardly good PR. But let's hope the other people employed there will be given other jobs within United Internet.
  18. For the USA inno seem to do a fairly decent job and Chris is a good guy. Druapl is great as suggested but be careful not to bloat it with too many addons as it can really start to be a resource hog as not all the addons are well coded/efficient.
  19. FH - Tim replied to MikeGC's topic in Server Management
    Rus seems like a good guy so it's worth a go and they are certainly cheap. Is there something in particular you want to run on it ?
  20. I'd feel more confident about Joomla than fasthosts . We have plenty of people using joomla on linux servers without too many issues. So you should be fine if you keep it up to date and secure.
  21. Unfortunately most domain resellers price in USD, if you specifically want to sell .uk domains then you can as Rob suggested become a nominet member. I know some companies who offer sub reseller accounts with no fee's that allow you to bill in GBP and pay in GBP. Otherwise you can try www.netearthone.com
  22. Yep, while its great that your able to offer the services at this price. It makes people wonder that if its that cheap, there must be a reason. I'd suggest at least doubling your prices if not more, at least that way when you do get a client its a bit more worthwhile and also allows you to really put time into the project.
  23. Oh indeed, you can do this easily with hosting + a web designing software or photo gallerys where they can look through your work.
  24. I might take a look at some of these as I always wanted to learn but never had the patience nor skill.
  25. I quite like it, despite not being able to read most of it . One thing is the portfolio section towards the bottom would be great as a feature piece nearer the centre of the site and on a larger scale.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.