Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How big is your Monitor?

Featured Replies

Blimey Sam your icons must be tiny!

 

I'm using a 19" running at 1280 x 1024 I pretty much always take it to 1024 x 768 when designing to make sure I get all the proportions right, as I tend to design everything a little too big when using a higher resolution. :)

i wasn't sure.... nearly had a blonde moment (i have dried by hair brown... however i still bring shame to blonde girls at time) i nearly went and got my ruler ><

 

However i remembered i could check the settings... mine 19" 1280 bt 1024px as well.... dunno how i thought i could measure pixels via a ruler.... could have been worse (could have counted the bits or something) :p

 

lol

Currently a 17" CRT but will be using either the laptops 14.1 or 15.4 (depending on which one I plumb for) linked to a 22" or 24" desktop.

I am currently viewing this form on a 38" lcd screen, everything is soooo big.

 

My pc is currently connected to my tv :D

 

Pat

I have told myself I am going to be mature and adult and not make ANY comments about sizes and compensation! (this is going to kill me!!!)

 

My laptop is a mere 15.5 inch widescreen, with 1280 x 900 I think. The home computer is hooked up to a 42" lcd tv :D That's far too big though..... hurts my eyes and it's like playing tennis, just reading stuff.

  • Author
I have told myself I am going to be mature and adult and not make ANY comments about sizes and compensation! (this is going to kill me!!!)

 

My laptop is a mere 15.5 inch widescreen, with 1280 x 900 I think. The home computer is hooked up to a 42" lcd tv :D That's far too big though..... hurts my eyes and it's like playing tennis, just reading stuff.

 

WOW 42" if you were a man I would say you must be compensating for something! ;)

JOKES ^_^

12", but I don't use it as a rule!

12", but I don't use it as a rule!

 

:help:

It's a 15.4" Acer CrystalBrite Laptop LCD.

20" and 17" (Laptop using extended desktop)

laptop: 17" 1440*900

home: 20" 1680*1050

work: 24" 1920*1200

Hi,

 

Mines a 22" widescreen monitor set at 1680 x 1050 pixels.

 

I use Mozilla Firefox and the Web Developer Toolbar to test different resolutions. I also change my actual resolution as I test.

19 inch widescreen, can't decide whether to get a 2nd or just one larger one.

15.4" at 1280x800 :). A lovely little Sony Vaio

i wasn't sure.... nearly had a blonde moment (i have dried by hair brown... however i still bring shame to blonde girls at time) i nearly went and got my ruler ><

 

However i remembered i could check the settings... mine 19" 1280 bt 1024px as well.... dunno how i thought i could measure pixels via a ruler.... could have been worse (could have counted the bits or something) :p

 

lol

Sounds like somethingI'd do when I'm drunk!!

 

Mies 1200 x 700 on 17" widescreen

DELL 12" LCD - 1280x960 ??

DELL 15" CRT - 1280x1024

NEC 17" LCD - 1280x1024

SAMSUNG 22" LCD - 1680x1050

50" OLED TV - yeah right i wish...

I use two 22" Samsung Pebbles in 1680 x 1050 pixels. They are great monitors but you to turn dynamic contrast settings off :)

I use two 22" Samsung Pebbles in 1680 x 1050 pixels. They are great monitors but you to turn dynamic contrast settings off :)

 

true, i have the same monitor (the 2ms one)

 

22" Samsung Pebble thingie, i think its on 1680 x 1050 aswell.

Hello

I am using a 20" Viewsonic LCD monitor. I went to this computer store and they had all the different monitor brands lined up showing the same demo movie. I chose Viewsonic as I noticed the skin tones were warmer than the other brands.

ancient 21" iiyama vision master crt. best colour repro, esp for print projects

 

1600 x 1200 @ 85hz

  • 3 weeks later...

20" iMac (1680x1050)

20.1" Display (1680x1050)

 

Not sure why the .1" was necessary when they designed the monitor

20" iMac (1680x1050)

20.1" Display (1680x1050)

 

Not sure why the .1" was necessary when they designed the monitor

 

Because its measured diagonally!

 

pythagoras.jpg

 

Blame this guy!

 

 

 

21" Display (1680x1050)

  • 1 month later...
Mines 15" and 1280 x 800 PX :D

 

 

24", 1920 x 1200.

 

Now that I've used it for a while I couldn't go back to something smaller (although last one was 20" 1600 x 1200).

 

S

19" 1024 x 768, I used to use 1280 x 1024 but I got a new video card and in XP it doesn't dissplay the full screen you have to sort of move about to view it all.

 

I don't know what has caused this because I looked in the setting and everything is as it should be. It works fine in 1280 x 1024 with Windows 7 though.

 

Oh well I am used to it now so I would rather keep it this way.

1680x1050 widescreen @ work

1680x1050 widescreen @ home

 

sometimes my 82 cm LCD tv(dont know in inches) but that isnt usability friendly allways ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.