Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Dream Job!

Featured Replies

What would you like to do in an ideal world?

 

 

If i could be anything I wouldn't mind been one of those Special Agents. You know like on NCIS. Don't laugh :pp

I don't know why but ever since i was a kid i've wanted to do it...

 

But a tiny bit more realisticly i would like to be a succesful Freelance Web Designer

Adventurer/ travel writer. A leader on a real 'adventure' tour - not those crappy 'adventure' tours that are nothing more than a Saga coach holiday with a bit of bungy jumping thrown in - more like "You got a year or so to explore the dark corners of the world?". I sort of do about 20% of that now, but I'm just stuck a bit with needing reliable broadband and sticking to more stable countries (I've been to 2 countries whilst there's been a coup and don't like the taste of tear gas!). :cray:

Project Manager in the tech department of the NPIA.

Project Manager in the tech department of the NPIA.

 

That's aiming too high sis - how about his PA?!!!! ;)

Gotta start somewhere :pp

 

Next best thing after that has to be no job at all.

My dream job would be my boyfriend becomes a billionaire and I get to stay at home and play house wife.

I'd be paid by lots of women to give them special cuddles.

:rofl:

 

Would that make you a gi-Egg-lo?!

:rofl:

 

Would that make you a gi-Egg-lo?!

Something along the lines of Christian Troy from Nip/Tuck :lol:

Something along the lines of Christian Troy from Nip/Tuck :lol:

 

Especially in the scene were he's been out of sorts and then scores with that hot girl (out of Boston Legal and The Life of David Gale) and Kimber walks in glares at him then goes "oh well", whips her top off and...

 

I have absolutely no idea what you meant - who's Christian Troy? :D

If it could be ANYTHING I would want to be a driver for the Subaru World Rally team.

 

But something that is more realistic would be CEO of a highly successful Marketing firm.

My dream job would be my boyfriend becomes a billionaire and I get to stay at home and play house wife.

Me too!

 

Or, get piad to stay at home all day and do what I want. LOL

well my dream job is to be the mayor of a little (I mean LITTLE! as Smurf size, minuscule) town somewhere in the woods. Probably somewhere in the woods of Norway. MAGIC EXISTS THERE! ^_^

well my dream job is to be the mayor of a little (I mean LITTLE! as Smurf size, minuscule) town somewhere in the woods. Probably somewhere in the woods of Norway. MAGIC EXISTS THERE! ^_^

 

:lol:

 

Realistically my dream job is to be working as a web developer and Mac programmer in a decent studio/agency somewhere along the South coast of England, London, or the West coast of America (San Francisco!). The UK vision is probably more doable :pp

 

In my wildest dreams I'd be a Rally driver or something else quick and dangerous, because I absolutely love driving. If that failed then I'd like to be a test pilot, but I'd have to learn how to fly first… and overcome my fear of flying :pp

Lol, I would love Sam Carter's job, but I'm not sure it's available.

 

(Kick as soldier genius scientist who gets to travel to other worlds through the stargate :p)

Top Gear presenter, but without it being on TV (no filming etc)

ANYTHING other than a cleaner >_>. Royal food tester would be pretty good in a country where the monarchy don't really play any serious role and so aren't at risk. I'd get to taste the best of the best. I'd love to try a spot of DJing at clubs and stuff too but I don't really know how to get into it. There there are only a small amount of slots (as I'd have to be an alternative/metal/EBM DJ) too. Also I don't really look the part :-/.

That's really a cool idea. How I wish my boyfriend would become a billionaire too...

 

My dream job would be my boyfriend becomes a billionaire and I get to stay at home and play house wife.

ROCKSTAR please. :)

 

Being in front of people and performing is the best thing in the whole world ever bar none. Fact. End of. ;)

 

In a way, front end web-dev has similarities. It's your work, it's seen by (hopefully) numerous people, there's no hiding if you mess up, and people will often form strong opinions about it.

I quite fancy being a luthier (guitar maker). Something about being responsible for a project from start to finish is very appealing. Sort of like web deisgn, actually :pp

Especially in the scene were he's been out of sorts and then scores with that hot girl (out of Boston Legal and The Life of David Gale) and Kimber walks in glares at him then goes "oh well", whips her top off and...

 

I have absolutely no idea what you meant - who's Christian Troy? :D

 

EXACTLY! You LEGEND! :lol:

In an ideal world Id be a pilot. But that takes alot of money

Something along the lines of a Holiday Tester/Reviewer would do me nicely!

I'd like to be the official face of tesco ^_^ or in Last of the Summer Wine

Dream Job?

 

Professional Security Analyzer/Expert Cracker

I'd a be the official taster in an Amsterdam coffee shop :)

As opposed to just the unofficial one now?! :D

As opposed to just the unofficial one now?! :D

 

lol!

I'd be a pimp. And I know what you're thinking, that's not an easy job. But I seriously think I could handle it.

I'd like to be a musician - maybe because that is something I'm useless at. I am already an artist, I paint but don't make a living, so I web design - something I seem to be good at. But painting is a lonely activity, and musicianship is much more communal... is that what I'm after? Yeah... I'm happy to be a painter - but one that makes just enough to survive and doesn't have to conform or sell out but belongs to a Parisian kind of cafe society.

Perhaps I've thought about this post too deeply - but when I read the title initially, I thought MONEY!!! but as I typed, I realised that I don't want money at all, I just want to be me and be allowed to be me.

 

Wooooooooh! Too deep. Eek!

Head Botanist/Gardener/thingy for Kew Gardens.

My family are all keen gardeners and I have inherited the gardening bug :D

I don't arf love me plants :)

A professional lady who lunches. (and shops)

 

Get paid to stay at home and pimp my house and gardens.

 

Or failing that, a professional surfer

  • 5 weeks later...

If you could have a different job, what would it be and why?

 

I would be an architect. This was really my ambition when I was a child because I was fond of designing my own dream house .

 

But I think it's also a blessing for me, now that I'm in the field of seo and web designing. At least, my job now is quite related to architecture. The only difference is that I'm designing blogs instead of designing a house or building.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.