Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

graphicscove

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by graphicscove

  1. Nice site idea. A couple of things that stuck out for me were the icons in the top right next to the social icons. Making them all similar sizes would make them fit better. At the moment they look like they're overpowering the social icons, a small reduction in size would work nicely. Also have you tried experimenting with the book/notepad icon in-line with the blog post titles? It would eliminate that large white space just hanging there above each post.
  2. Looks nice and simple, but I don't like the mixture of blue and orange text, stick to one or the other.
  3. I don't bother with IE at all, I check in Chrome, Firefox and occasionally Safari and Opera. Take a look at w3schools browser stats, IE in general is in decline www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
  4. Scan your computer with anti-virus software, reinstall the program, or just reinstall the OS.. More than likely these things are a virus problem. Settings shouldn't be causing it unless your girlfriend went in and decided to change things which didn't need to be changed.
  5. I would have suggested Redirection plugin as well, it's much easier than .htaccess and will even automatically redirect to a post with a similar title if you haven't manually redirected it, it can be quite useful. You should be able to adjust your Wordpress permalink structure so everything is in the same place as it used to be and can be accessed with the same URLs. Install wordpress onto the server (or use Fantastico script installer) then just add your local database into the one on the server and upload your theme/plugins and any content you have in the wp-content/uploads folder and you're done!
  6. I would suggest Moving the site to Wordpress. As sash-oo7 said as long as everything stays similar to the way it was (page structure/content) there shouldn't be any trouble. Since Google now recommends a site load in under 5 seconds you can build a pretty lightweight theme for it. My current Wordpress theme framework is getting a 98/100 Yslow score so there shouldn't be an issue there.
  7. I'm unaware of any hand-coded way in Wordpress of getting this to work, other than set up each county as a separate Wordpress install (like multi-site), but that would be a long winded way of doing it with what little content there is for each county. Your best bet would probably be the use of an advertising plugin, sorry I don't know any off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've seen one that let's you target the adverts based on page content which should line up the ads with the right counties. Give it a search. On the other hand if you wanted to go external with the ads I've used OpenX quite a lot to target ads on Wordpress sites, that too used targeted ads and zones.
  8. If you have access to cPanel there should be an option to set up redirects there.
  9. Welcome to the forum David! I like your work on Forrst, great stuff there. I really need to get a Forrst account.
  10. I'd go with a decent contact form plugin. I have my favourites, but if you find a good one it shouldn't be hard to make it do what you want it to do. Maybe your instance of Wordpress is different version. Updates can cause things to break?
  11. I would choose a framework. I've already fused a framework into a custom CMS theme and I'm not looking back. The code is already there so it's so much simpler for you to work with than make your own, plus if you get a good one that's always being updated you can just drop in the new .css file and you get all the shiny new features
  12. Welcome Geoffrey Glad to have you here!
  13. Spam can be so funny when you look into it..
  14. I wonder if anyone can point out a type of site that Wordpress can't be used for..
  15. Everyone likes new stuff But now it's just been done so much, the novelty has worn off. However I wouldn't mind it on gaming sites or more relaxed sites. It doesn't feel right for you target audience.
  16. Haha, make sure you don't blind them The rounded corners now fit with the ac studios logo but I'm still wondering why the footer has a black box just above it. What is it's purpose?
  17. Ahh, I didn't know it was a slider. Yes I quite like the red one too. Keeping with the theme I'd probably use the same red where you have light green in the boxes and footer, but that's just me being picky about your colour choices again
  18. True, but personally I like to have all the applications in case one of them falls short of what I need then I can pick it up with another program.
  19. I went off .js snow after a year. The most I'd do nowadays is give my logo a Christmas hat. It's less distracting but still Christmassy.
  20. I agree, the editor is good, the whole forum design is pretty smooth compared to the majority out there. Most forums do feel a bit empty and I hate replying to forum topics a few months old, especially if they're at the top of the list! I'm sure things will pick up the more you get involved.
  21. Hello Victor! Welcome to WDF
  22. Try Wordpress There's a ton of plugins to give your site support for different languages. I couldn't recommend any since I haven't used them but there's enough to try, hopefully you'll find one to suit your needs.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.