Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

liquid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by liquid

  1. Apologies if this one has already been done to death. I have a client who has bought their own hosting and registered their domain names (.com and .co.uk) with justhost.com Currently the .co.uk is forwarded to the .com hosting. They have specifically asked (at the 11th hour) that they appear on search results when the 'uk sites only" filter is clicked. I assume that he would have to use the .co.uk domain in this instance but would he also have to shift to UK based hosting. He is selling a UK only product. Thanks for any thoughts or help.
  2. I believe that age is a state of mind. I have never deliberately discriminated against anyone (although I'm sure I have without even being aware of it) If we could wind the clock back (on the basis that I like the idea of your organisation though would not admit it) you may have been better not to set an age limit and allow it to self regulate...your tone and language would sort out the young, young at heart and genuine Victor Meldrews.
  3. Sorry but I just wanted to clarify that my problem was / is with the age discrimination issue and not with any technical or design issues. Hence my teacher / pupil / school analogy. I do not believe that the forum should lend its support to any form of discrimination.. I've tried to laugh and not take it seriously but unfortunately I have been unable to let it go.
  4. Yes I'd join.... you are witnessing a live example of what would happen if you sent all the teachers home and left the children to run a school
  5. Refreshing to see that being under 22 years of age was not in your list of requirements.... Sorry couldn't help it....STILL put out about the Young Internet thing.
  6. Oh NO! They might have to ask old people for help with some of that
  7. I don't want to get into a debate about whether you should have kids......but keep an open mind.....I used to hate kids, still don't like other people's Trust me your own child is better looking, more intelligent, more amusing etc. etc. than other peoples.....
  8. Kid (the dog's called Austin)
  9. Yep....Fred 9 years old....the best thing that ever happened to me
  10. well this was last year's car a little Clio...pretty quick...only complaint is that is was too easy to get up on two wheels!
  11. My Image of an American open road is much longer with red sunset and cactus on the road side... Bit like the Eagles album over (before everybody else's time probably) There is something completely enthralling about travelling in North America and the existing picture does not capture the (my) mood.
  12. The standards we set have set for ourselves are all shot to hell anyway.... I was brought up (in the 70's) on cowboy and war films yet if a naked woman appeared on the screen my father would suddenly turn the TV to a different channel. I've just had a look through my DVD collection so see if the people who regulate our world have got it right yet.... Billy Connolly at the Royal Albert Hall is an 18 Black Hawk Down is a 15 Oh yes they've really got it all worked out..... It's okay to watch someone's body blown apart but please don't use the F word!
  13. Welcome..... that's one way to get your partner's attention. My wife sometimes emails me questions when we are in the same room as I am more likely to answer her!
  14. Google Image search...always manage to find something..... Love your flat....where are you moving to? (very nosey...sorry)
  15. In my day we made our own entertainment.....
  16. Does guitar heros 3 count? If yes....Paranoid for me (v. appropriate) My son does a mean version of Through the fire and Flames
  17. liquid replied to Rob's topic in General Chat
    Joking aside I have used Amazon particularly for emergency birthday presents (I live at the opposite end of the country to my family, couple that with a terrible memory for anniversaries) and their service was / is very good..... I could not fault them, sounds like everyone else is not so happy. As for the big corporate monster.....we are surrounded by them.....
  18. liquid replied to Rob's topic in General Chat
    ........bet you wish you'd never mentioned it
  19. only if they are going to give you money...... otherwise I'd go for quality not quantity.
  20. I would build new jails to accommodate all spammers!
  21. liquid replied to MDUK's topic in Website Hosting
    I've been thinking about hosting lately.... Now I operate on a very small scale but I have a few sites on the go and if I suddenly had to buy hosting for them all it would cost me hundreds (possibly thousands) to set up again. If you have all your sites with one company there is an element of risk that all your sites could disappear in one go in the event of a crisis (a company going bust for example). I pay most of mine a few years in advance. A lot can happen in two years. The internet (after all) is the virtual world equivalent of a second hand car market. As far as my customers are concerned I have charged them for the hosting (a couple of years in advance). If the hosting company has problems I'm the one picking up the bill. So maybe you should stick your sites with two or three different suppliers to protect yourself.
  22. OOOOpps I've always done this wrong....I thought you used an H1 tag and then subheadings were H2 and sub sub headings H3..... you learn something every day.....
  23. I now share my surfing time between the two places..... I'm a little shy about my work but you can have a look just as long as you don't tell anyone.... My Blip
  24. Karlosb introduced me to blipfoto.com I'm now totally hooked (three weeks on).... I would go as far as to say it has changed my life......

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.