Everything posted by liquid
-
Giving out Bank Details
Jeremy Clarkson (love him or loathe him?) was so fed up with all the scaremongering about identity theft that he published his own bank details in his newspaper column..... Anyway someone used this information to "steal" £ 500 from his account....... He was very embarrassed and had to acknowledge that you should be careful what details you give out.... In fairness all the person did was set up a direct debit to a charity, however it proves a point..... Be careful out there
-
Gambling on a domain name
Just a little update on this. My client is prepared to give this a go so I'm hoping for great things. Luckily there is a very successful website here in Scotland that most of my sites get a free (relevant) link from and I have so far got a Google listing in days.....fingers crossed for this one..... that was the kiss of death
-
The Asus Eee PC
I didn't think she was from Yorkshire
-
Advertising and marketing
Do you remember that free book Royal Mail were doing "Direct Mail for Dummies"? There was a thread going last year on this. Anyway I sent off for it...and it's okay.
-
Annoying Client, need ideas
When I started reading this thread I thought the only solution was air strikes but I was embarrassed to post in case you thought me a little too extreme.... I now feel comfortable that a rational sensible person like BadMo was thinking the same as me.....
-
web/graphic design exhibitions
Unfortunately I would not get past the security guards..... Looking at the pictures of the speakers I don't think ugly people are welcome!!
-
mothers day
No quite the opposite.... I will be playing butler, housekeeper, chef to my wife (on behalf of my son) But more challenging is that I will (appear to) stay in a good mood all day!
-
Would you hire me?
No No No AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... The Hat!
- "Where are you?" map
-
EggRage Internet Marketing
I don't have time to read this this at length now....but I have started and it is interesting and is now bookmarked. It's easy on the eye and one of the few websites I have commented on here where I haven't complained that the text is too light to read comfortably. Look forward to reading more
-
My laptop is burning me...
Apparently if you sit a laptop on your lap (maracas) the temperature increases by 3 degrees and can seriously affect your sperm count. Safest to sit at a desk. There are unfortunately side affects of an increased sperm count. For example your bank account gets emptied every month.
-
My laptop is burning me...
Be careful if you're planning to be a parent
-
UK Young Internet Alliance
Sometimes I feel sad about being old(er) and sometimes I get angry.... but then I remember that I was a teenager in the 70's and 80's and I don't feel so bad about being excluded from the UKYIA!
-
Looking for a registration form script
I really appreciate this link....I haven't felt this enthusiastic about any website in ages... Today's picture came out really well...you should have seen the other twenty crap ones. The comments have been very encouraging The hardest thing will be keeping it up on work days but I guess that's the challenge.
-
Google to soon run our lives
I didn't believe that I had any privacy anyway. Not sure how (un)happy I am about it...but I couldn't live in the world I do with all its comforts telephone, postal service, the NHS, money, cars, computers etc. etc. and expect to retain my privacy. Information about people is the ultimate power whether you are intending to kill them or sell them something ....or in the case of the Western world sell them something that will kill them.
-
Gambling on a domain name
I have just (almost) convinced an existing client to use a generic (is that the right word) domain name for their new venture. I have not tried this before. I have found the domain name but would prefer not to reveal it until I have registered it. Assuming I get everything else right regarding SEO has anyone felt that they have gained a real advantage by opting for this route? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
-
Hi from Glasgow
Hi Matt I'm just up the road from you....about 60 miles Welcome
-
Looking for a registration form script
I know.....you now have your own cyberstalker..... I guessed you might use the same name and searched for you....I really like your images. I'll pm you my user name as I have used my own full name and would like to retain a little privacy.
-
Recovering a domain name!
Is there any mileage in going to a new company and doing a domain transfer?
-
Hello from Bridgend
welcome
-
Please, give me your advice
First can I say I really like the design but my first thought was that the style doesn't suit the products. I know this sounds a little strange because the products themselves have not been added and I may be way off target. It just seems a little too neat, high tech......I feel it needs to be more "scruffy"
-
Two of my sites are non-existant...
The two sites look great.... once you've got the listings sorted they will be spot on.
-
Looking for a registration form script
I've uploaded my first picture today... thanks for the link
-
Looking for a registration form script
I am heading over there right now.... didn't know you liked taking pictures... Okay I'll see what I can manage....I'll take Austin with me...he's really photogenic.
-
Looking for a registration form script
Yeah okay thanks...... Just steady, doing a very small amount of web stuff....mainly busy with the 9 to 5 job Just had a holiday in sunny England visiting my family. May well dig out the camera and take a few pics this weekend. I noticed a bit of snow on the mountains when i was out this afternoon. Might get a couple of decent shots.