Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

liquid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by liquid

  1. There may be something in the deeds to your house.... I am not allowed to have a sign outside my house for business...however my solicitor was of the opinion that sitting in front of a laptop in my spare room was not a problem (although you could never get him to put that in writing in a million years) My deeds do mention something about the Duke of Argyll being able to hunt deer in my garden!
  2. Yes it's a good a way as any to demonstrate to a customer that you know what you are doing. It seems so important to us (members) yet, in terms of results, do we give it a disproportionate amount of our time? I did a small low budget job for a local client and using a very general search term (requested by the client at our first meeting) it comes out no. 1 on Google. Brilliant you think...but, if the stats are to be believed, site visitors rarely (never) use this term. The client and myself however have been totally brainwashed (from day one) into over-exaggerating its value.
  3. Well done...you have done what most designers (I assume) hope to achieve....i.e. to be listed on page 1 in your home town, city or region. I am not suggesting this is not a good idea, however does anyone actually get customers as a result of such searches? I ask simply because I have had minimal success.
  4. Money.....the root of all evil
  5. It's not the best website I've ever seen....although I can't remember which one is..... The subject matter of the website has clouded my judgment as I'm baffled by anyone wanting to punch someone's lights out (although some motorists have tempted me to give it try whilst out on my motorbike) and I'm even more baffled by someone who wants to watch. Ignoring that, I do like the design. Instant appeal for fans and it's got us talking!
  6. 49 minutes to reply....tut tut..... I like the look of the site...its tidy. Everything "squared off" looks good
  7. My wife used to work for a printer. She did screen but she says they cut paper down from A4 on their guillotine.
  8. Don't have the answer but if you're struggling do you know a printer who could help? How about chopping A4 with a guillotine...
  9. Oh that's fine then......just need to convince my wife now
  10. Hi and welcome.... As always I'll let those far better qualified than me comment on the code etc. My first reaction is that there is way too much going on....I don't know where to look first...... I appreciate the subject of mobile phones is absolutely massive but there just seems to be way too much text. Can it be simplified (initially) for me to easily select the area I'm interested in and then really drill down into the detail after that?
  11. I've just updated a website for a client to show their charges for 2008. Whilst changing the 2007 to 2008 I noticed that on my original design I put Copyright 2007 at the bottom as I have always done (for whatever year) on every web page I've ever produced (I think) But why? Should I now change it to 2008, leave as 2007 or put 2007 - 8 etc. etc. or should I not bother at all. Embarrassing as it is I've always put this on because everyone else does. I've never studied the legalities and don't know whether I could enforce the copyright if I had to challenge someone. Does anybody actually know the laws / rules or like me has everyone just done it "because that's what you do"
  12. Oh thank you so much for this thread..... This has happened on two of my sites recently. I wondered what was happening but daren't "confess" to anyone....
  13. Your website wins hands down....... purely on the basis that I believe all websites are "under construction", however I think putting that statement on your website should be made a criminal offence
  14. I like this one as well. Your designs are great....
  15. Cynic arrives on the scene..... If you have a great idea for ebay i.e. a killer product you can make huge profits from etc. etc. why on earth would you want to share it with anyone?
  16. Like the design and colour.... Is it my imagination or is this season's colour brown? Jesse's fashion tips
  17. welcome v. nice portfolio
  18. I like the design very much....when I clicked through I thought wow. Can I play Devil's Advocate here? On the basis this is a commercial website and you are going to go to the client with a layout (or two). The most important thing you have to consider is how the website is going to assist your client to relieve their (potential) customers of cash in return for hire or purchase of their machinery. Surely that is the only purpose of a business website. Now what I'm driving at here is that your design is so good that the bit of kit in the middle almost disappears. If I were you I would lean more towards "practical" rather than "artistic". Your design reminded me very much of a rock album cover or a dark horror film site.... You may know the client very well (or hopefully already had a meeting) and I could well be way off target. Perhaps it may be an idea to be armed with a less arty version just in case. By the way I still like the look VERY much!
  19. First of all I would like to say your work is stunning... In terms of the issue of achieving perfection it's an awkward one because you will probably never be satisfied. I go back to stuff I did a while ago and die of shame.....see it as an evolving project rather than something you have to get absolutely right today. I personally would complete the portfolio and run with it....see what happens.
  20. Absolutely amazing....... just can't find John Prescott
  21. liquid replied to BaldNut's topic in General Chat
    I've done a few animated gifs, so I'll give it a go cheers:D
  22. liquid replied to BaldNut's topic in General Chat
    I noticed a few days ago that Sky Sports favicon rotates!!! Anyone know how that works?
  23. I've always subscribed to the theory of "quality not quantity" where links are concerned mainly because I can't be bothered. Why not look at owners clubs sites to see if they will add links?
  24. I'm sure my son's primary school website is hosted by the Council. Just be careful regarding showing pictures of the kids and names - sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.