Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

liquid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by liquid

  1. Good idea... the B is great. Maybe liven up the amboo media. Make it a little less flat. How about making the .co.uk smaller and lighter so that it all but disappears?
  2. Love your home page.... could not click through to your work....for some reason. What am I doing wrong?? Looked at Shearers - great? Dundas Castle??? Is that the right site?
  3. Now I've finished TRYING to be funny.... Could there be a problem with you using a brand name? I'm not really sure whether the ranking takes this into account but perhaps you may be being penalised because you appear to be using a massive brand name to promote an unrelated site (in the sense it is not owned by BM(W) or Mini.) Just a thought......
  4. Hi Karlos Happy New Year...you've been very quiet.... Not sure if I can resolve your problem but I have a couple of friends looking at it right now for you.... How far will you go to find out the truth and your Google position?
  5. Don't forget allowable expenses.... If you pay to host your blog and have registered a domain the cost of these can be offset against the Adsense income. Without these costs you could not possibly have gained the income.
  6. Thanks Ben Here's to 2008....hope it's a successful one for you!
  7. I agree I'm probably going to get my post deleted (again) but I always believe a site has to have a purpose - preferably the stated one! Although I like the neat simple layout, what is the point? The web is full of sites like this and I believe we don't need any more. You only need to scratch the surface of this directory and the online casinos etc. unveil themselves.
  8. Like the layout, header, navigation but please change your text color from white. It is almost impossible to read.
  9. Yeah same here.... Have a great Christmas everyone Cheers
  10. Generally I like the look.....young, fun etc. I cannot find your address anywhere or a contact phone number. I would be very reluctant to hand over my money to persons unknown...... Like Eskymo I'm trying to work out whether the pictures or the printing are / is fuzzzzy. Have a look at Teetonic I'm not saying you should copy them but they do present their shirts more favorably.
  11. Hi Gary welcome to the forum. Trying to improve my photography and would welcome some tips.
  12. That's the clock they used to have when I was a kid.....I think.... Anyone else here grow up in the 60's/70's? No thought not
  13. I'm not sure it's a good idea. But if you choose to do it and then change your mind here's a little present for you.....
  14. I think your timing is spot on.....New Year good time to do it. Depending on the level of increase (assuming it's modest i.e. in line with inflation) you have no reason to apologise or write a long essay to justify it. After 3 years its not much to ask for a bit more. If you have a big client or one who gives you easy work you could leave them out of the review. I think a very polite letter listing your rates from 1st Jan 2008 would suffice. with a "look forward to working with you in 2008 blah blah" on the end.
  15. I started a thread on this a few months ago but we didn't draw any conclusions..... It's worth a second shot because I'm still no wiser
  16. I like it too...but text is too light. The lightest I would go is the text color on your Hinckley & Bosworth Model Boat Club. That is comfortable to read.
  17. Hi Contact the Inland Revenue and tell them you are starting freelancing. If you don't already do a tax return you will have to complete one each year - deadlines apply. You will have to pay tax on your income from self employment (sales less allowable expenses). You will only pay higher rates if your total income takes you into the higher band. You can claim exemption from Class 2 NIC if your self employed income is below limit. You will pay class 4 NIC on year profits. You would only need to tell your employer if there is a clause in your employment contract. Completing tax return online is fairly easy and there is plenty of help. Hope this helps....it's only a very rough summary. I could write pages on this. My advice is contact the revenue first and talk to them. I have found them to be very helpful.
  18. I absolutely love this....so simple with great pictures....when I clicked your link I just thought "wow" As for protecting your images can you put a clear gif over the top of each to protect them? read about this a long time ago....not sure how safe it is....
  19. I am not in a position to comment on applying oneself and removing distractions because I have a day job and supplement it with a few websites, however when you are on your own with mortgage / rent looming Ibelieve that would be enough to drag you away from the distractions of your home. My partner works from home and she says her biggest problem is friends / neighbors who know that she is there.....just dropping in for a coffee....will you just watch my kids for 10 minutes....etc. etc. I think the rent a desk idea is bad because you still have to commute / conform etc. but home working requires discipline from you are those around you.
  20. Let's be realistic.... In this day and age a decent website should be at the forefront of most businesses marketing strategy (with a few exceptions). So why is it that they don't budget for it at the begining and worst of all expect it to be done for free (effectively). I agree with everyone else. Make 'em pay if they want it. sounds like "Jam tomorrow" to me.
  21. I consider the members of the forum to be my virtual friends however if I had a really good idea to make money online I would probably be very reluctant to share it unless... I had already made serious amounts of money from the idea or I am selling the idea to you. Nevertheless it's an interesting question and I don't wish to sabotage your thread right from the start so I am interested too...
  22. Can I play Devil's Advocate here? Before I do, can I explain... A number of years ago I set up a website doing something similar with motorbikes... More than a few thousand pounds later (this was my own money unfortunately) I realised that I was trying to do something that was already being successfully done by other websites. I launched at exactly the same as Motor Cycle News launched their classifieds site! Everyone in the UK who has ever spent more than a few minutes around bikes knows MCN. I advertised in rival publications and without boring you with a very long story I failed. Now your website looks good as everyone else has said but unless you are going to doing something different or original and get the vehicles selling you will not compete with the likes of Autotrader. Being free helps (everyone else) but please think before you throw your time and money at something like this. I sound defeatist and if you don't try you won't go anywhere but I speak as someone who watched nothing coming in and a hell of a lot going out....
  23. So many websites look the same... Yours does not! And even better it looks great as well....really eye catching. I like it very much. makes me want to read on.
  24. Forget Lewis Hamilton...... As all the other guys seem to be so good looking and half my age I thought I'd better dig out a photo of me wearing my skid lid!
  25. Crikey I had better start swotting then because I don't have any real experience...just wander round with the camera taking pictures and hope that some of them will be okay. I guess I'm really lucky with the local scenery but I see things that look amazing but then take a picture and it bears no resemblance to what I thought I saw. I spent 18 months working for a production company and maybe some of that helped. Very occasionally my boss would send me out looking for locations armed with the digital camera. At first he was horrified at what I brought back. I could make the most incredible places look like hell...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.