July 26, 201214 yr Hi all, I thought I'd ask what your hobbies are? Mine are, Growing bonsai trees (I have a blog on the subject , see the link in my sig. Yes its just the 2012 theme ), martial arts, reading, music, surfing . what are yours?
July 26, 201214 yr My names mike i'm 32 years young an i like recording and playing guitar in punk bands, skateboarding, cycling, reading books on evolutionary biology and generally trying to hurt myself in as many bazaar ways as possible Edited July 26, 201214 yr by MikeChipshop
July 26, 201214 yr I do downhill mountain biking, which for those who haven't heard if it before basically involves throwing yourself down steep hills as fast as possible. I do the occasional race but mostly in it for fun. Below are some examples of me from last summer. Example 1 Example 2 I have several dislocated shoulders and broken bones to show for my hobby
July 26, 201214 yr I build PCs, game a lot, I used to play a bit of guitar but mostly I wish I had time for hobbies.
July 26, 201214 yr I do downhill mountain biking, which for those who haven't heard if it before basically involves throwing yourself down steep hills as fast as possible. I do the occasional race but mostly in it for fun. Below are some examples of me from last summer. Example 1 Example 2 I have several dislocated shoulders and broken bones to show for my hobby Yeah it's a great past time, i just wish i could afford a new/decent bike!
July 26, 201214 yr Yeah it's a great past time, i just wish i could afford a new/decent bike! Yep, your looking upwards of £1500 if you want a decent off road bike that's going to last. You could easily spend over £5k which is a nice second hand car!
July 26, 201214 yr Exactly. Since i've moved a lot of my friends back in London have been bugging me to get in to it in a more serious way. It's only an hour and a half to Ben Nevis from here so it may be worth a trip and hiring a semi-decent bike (and lid) for a quick go.
July 26, 201214 yr Nice vids. I'm Jason I cycle to work and back every day (32 miles) as fast as I can on my mountain bike trying to eat up as many road bikes as I can! It's great fun even in the rain lol. I also game from time to time.
July 26, 201214 yr I need a hobby. I used to game, but I dont really do that much at the moment. Hmm. I like the idea of cycling, so may look into seeing if I can get a bike or something. I live in the sticks, so I bet it could be good fun :/
July 27, 201214 yr To be honest right now all my time is either taken up by the missus or BF3 or websites. I do everything with her now.
July 27, 201214 yr To be honest right now all my time is either taken up by the missus or BF3 or websites. I do everything with her now. /jk
July 27, 201214 yr Charlie here, live unusually it seems in the country with the commute driving life style (1hr Bristol, or 1hr London). I tend to dabble in a range of things outdoorsy... hunting/pest control , cycling, swimming and camping but also get dragged into the world of gaming and spend far too long on the computer deep in code... Edited July 27, 201214 yr by CSN-UK
July 27, 201214 yr To be honest right now all my time is either taken up by the missus or BF3 or websites. I do everything with her now. ah BF3...thats mine too..I keep saying I'll stop playing it and use the time better...it doesn't really happen though!
July 27, 201214 yr I spend most of my time trying to create nuclear fission in my kitchen using a child's chemistry set and an old smoke alarm.
July 27, 201214 yr Hobbies, the business, is that one? Working 60-70 hour weeks doesn't leave a lot of time for much else but maybe next year I'll go racing again, I had two race cars but sold one end of last year as I needed the room and if I'm honest, the cash. Other than that I enjoy entertaining for friends and socialising.
July 27, 201214 yr Not sure my girlfriend would appreciate being called a 'hobby'! Mine would kick my arse!
July 27, 201214 yr My main hobby is fishing. Nothing beats spending a day by a pond. Then there's 5-a-side, jogging and golf
July 27, 201214 yr My hobby is playing sports i'm not so good at. Today golf and on a full course, oh god the pressure, I just hope I can at least hit the ball today. Then tonight drinking and dancing something i'm sure i'm much better at...
July 27, 201214 yr I can't believe how many of us have girlfriends/wives etc. We're supposed to be geeks ffs.
July 27, 201214 yr I can't believe how many of us have girlfriends/wives etc. We're supposed to be geeks ffs. I wouldn't necessarily consider designers to be 'geeks', coders are certainly tiled with the geeky brush, but I don't fall in to either category. I'm the boss (the business side) and dabble in design when the other guys are overloaded as I happen to be *good at it and enjoy it. I know very little about php or java, for example, in fact I dislike 'coding' it's just not my thing. As gadgets have become more mainstream (phones, tablets, netbooks, ear things, music things) the term geek has become less offensive, in fact some people consider it fashionable to call themselves "such a geek". Social media is littered with the term! Oh and I know you were being a little tongue in cheek, just sayin'! *objectively I'm good, not the best, but certainly not bad.
July 29, 201214 yr Mine hobby is Horse Riding and I'm doing Dressage. Sounds Girly but you know it ain't if you are doing it by your self. It requires a load of multi tasking if you are doing it right.
July 29, 201214 yr It requires a load of multi tasking if you are doing it right. You just made it sound girly! I jest of course.
July 29, 201214 yr I jest of course. ^^^ My hobby. Got the funny belled hat and everything. Edited July 29, 201214 yr by Glowbridge
July 30, 201214 yr I'd love to have time for a hobby, I've been meaning to learn the guitar for the last five years but what with working as a web developer full-time, freelancing part time and with a family I'm lucky if I get time to sit down and watch a movie once a week. I'm not complaining, I love being busy but the only way I'm going to have time for a hobby is if I win the lottery... so never probably!
Create an account or sign in to comment