Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your forum name

Featured Replies

Just wondering............

 

Where did you all come up with your forum names? There are some names on here that make me think why?..... so, what's your story?

 

Mine is pretty damn obvious, though I would have gone for "H" had it been available (it's my nickname)

Mine is both my surname and nickname :)

 

If I'm registering to a site or forum I know I'm not going to be very active on I usually go under a different name. Maybe other people do that too...

MolotovRuss is complicated, although if I were to register again on this forum today I'd go with RussellBishop.

 

Basically I used to play as a professional gamer for a team that played as Europe's #1 for Halo PC (was 12 at the time) and I needed a name. I had played GTA before and loved the Molotov Cocktails I could throw about, so it came from there!

 

Eventually I just added Russ on the end for Forums etc. :)

 

I'd like to know the reasoning behind notbanksy's name.

Its what my nan called me when I was a wee one.

 

Rob

MolotovRuss is complicated, although if I were to register again on this forum today I'd go with RussellBishop.

 

Basically I used to play as a professional gamer for a team that played as Europe's #1 for Halo PC (was 12 at the time) and I needed a name. I had played GTA before and loved the Molotov Cocktails I could throw about, so it came from there!

 

Eventually I just added Russ on the end for Forums etc. :)

 

I'd like to know the reasoning behind notbanksy's name.

Haha

 

I had no idea I'd become such an active member of the forum, otherwise I may have just gone with my real name: Edward Hitler...

 

I chose notbanksy because I suck at art. Not a very good story really...

 

A better one would have been that I am Banksy, that my real name really is Eddie Hitler, and that i chose notbanksy to throw everyone off the trail. :pp

Well do I really need to explain mine.

 

I knew it NotBanksy I shall ring the police now and say I have found banksy!

SunWuKung is the name Buddha gave the monkey king at the end of his journey to the west. As I loved Monkey (TV series) as a kid, love kung fu and also get called monkey face/boy all the time, it seemed like my natural alter ego.

Well most forums I go on I register as "boo" as it is my nickname, but for some reason I decided to go with my name instead. I guess I didn't want to keep saying "my name is..." because now it's just out there and obvious lol

Mine's from five years ago when I first joined the Messenger Plus! forums, my friend was a user for about a year longer and I figured I could have a go, but needed a sort of 'alias', one of my friends was hosted on a server called 'trax', so it's a sort of parody of haxor == traxor :). This has been applied to my business now (Traxor Designs), which I think is very unique.

Scraeling is what the early Norse invaders of North America called the Indians. Got it from a Neil Gaiman book.

Roberto, i thought you was Spanish!

 

Oh, im 1christopher cos someone got Christopher first :)

Roberto, i thought you was Spanish!

 

Que? Si, I come from Barcelona. Do my posts read like English is my second language? Never been to Spain, but would have loved to have been called Raul - boys called Robert can't dance.

 

One's British old chap.

 

 

Rob

Lol mine seems like a stupidly long story about nothing.

 

When I first started out on the web playing FPS games (back in my tweenage years) I had a neutral name as I didn't want anyone to know I was a girl... when I got a bit older I finally got tired of being referred to as "he" in servers, so wanted a kickass name which was obviously female.*

I loved the character Eris from Sinbad - the Greek Goddess of Chaos and Discord - evil, but true to her word.

 

Anyway most sign-ups require 6 character names, so having recently seen an episode of TopGear about the meaning behind the Citroen DS I figured it'd be appropriate to append the letters (DS pronounced the French way is "day-ess" or "Deesse" - French for Goddess).

 

It kinda stuck...doesn't seem quite as appropriate for these forums as it did for gaming, but I am a goddess so what the hell :pp

 

* It didn't work though as loads of people seem to read my name as "Eric"

Roberto, i haven't really read any/many of your posts, so it wasnt an insult to your writing :)

Mine comes from the first 2 letters of my forename (Neil) and the first 2 letters of my surname (Robinson) - hence NeRo.

 

... so having recently seen an episode of TopGear about the meaning behind the Citroen DS I figured it'd be appropriate to append the letters (DS pronounced the French way is "day-ess" or "Deesse" - French for Goddess).

 

Just as well you didn't name yourself after the Toyota MR2 ( pronounced ~ merde) :D

Guezala is a little part of my mum's name (Spanish ladies add married name onto long chain of family names).

I usually call myself rosieguezala, but was trying to look neutral and maybe manly and professional...mysterious bla bla but then admitted in my profile to being a mum. So should have just gone for rosieguezala lol.

Rosie is my first (shortened) name btw.

 

You lot all sound way cooler than me. *BLUB* :cray:

Mine is obviously because I impart sagely advice wherever I go! :rolleyes:

I always like the opportunity for terrible puns and wizely gives me a few opportunities to make people groan with gems like "Wizely does it" and the ever popular "Choose Wizely"!

Plain ol' Erica was taken, and dux comes from designingux.com, which is my site. Almost made it Erica UXD but didn't like the way it would read ("erica uckz'd?")

I really like this thread; it's awesome to hear how you all came to choose your aliases and pseudonyms. I never knew about the DS in your name Eris. I've always been calling you ErisDeeEss, as in the letters D and S. It makes so much more sense now I know it means goddess! (You hippy… ^_^)

 

There isn't much to say about my name, although I'd be interested to see how many of you can get my full name right! I might as well explain Rawkes as that is a little more exciting than "Rob". Rawkes is basically the amalgamation of my first and last names (Rob + Hawkes), resulting in a random but I think rather cool company/business/internet name. It sounds simple enough, but trust me, it took weeks of brainstorming and hair pulling to come up with.

There isn't much to say about my name, although I'd be interested to see how many of you can get my full name right!

I know what your full name is but that would be spoiling it :D

 

 

 

It's Robriana - Ssshh don't tease him it's a sensitive issue :pp

 

  • Author
I know what your full name is but that would be spoiling it :D

 

 

 

It's Robriana - Ssshh don't tease him it's a sensitive issue :pp

 

lol!

 

I would have said Roberta (as in Flack)

Cabbage is my nickname among my university friends too, which I'm used to now but still gets a few odd looks from people on the street when someone calls me by it. Anyway it came from a night in our first week in halls when we stole a load of wooden pallets from the street, made a fort in an empty bedroom and sat around talking while drinking/eating vodka, Iron Bru and chocolate digestives (which oddly taste delicious when dipped in the fore-mentioned two). We were chatting **** and eventually it came out that at the time I was being vegetarian to try and impress somebody. Someone made a joke about me needing cabbage patches to last me through the day (think Nicorette) and oddly it stuck, we were all pretty smashed.

 

3 years later and I'm still Cabbage, it takes a little adjusting to when I go back to Derby and people call me Ben. Without being big headed I think mine is the best and most embarrassing story!

Mine comes from my Company name Duck On Water, which in turn comes from an old work nickname of Duck, which apparently evolved from my real name: Duncan..... then became dunk, then evolved into Duck!

 

Good thread Helen or 'H' I should say!

I use Journey because this is the name of my niece. I find it quite unique so I just use it in joining forums.

I just wanted the answer to a question ASAP and made anything up completly random with no intention of coming back to the forum.

 

But then i looked around at all the posts and found what a sweet arse place to come and mix with the pros and get some good answers to questions, And not forgetting a place where some good general threads get started.

 

Anyway im of to find out how to change my name.

I just wanted the answer to a question ASAP and made anything up completly random with no intention of coming back to the forum.

 

But then i looked around at all the posts and found what a sweet arse place to come and mix with the pros and get some good answers to questions, And not forgetting a place where some good general threads get started.

 

Anyway im of to find out how to change my name.

 

You'll need to PM Ben the forum admin.

angstmann is my surname. Its of Germanic origin, but I'm personally of Swiss origin, 50% Swiss, 50% British.

 

I've always used it on forums and use it to sign up to a lot of other sites. It sometimes annoys me once I get comfortable on a particular forum and get to know people. I'd rather people called me by my first name really (Richard/Rich), as it seems odd to use my surname to refer to me, as NOBODY refers to me as that in real life at all. (not since school anyway, and thats a distant memory!)

Mines my real name, I always use it when I sign up for forums and games because I'm to lazy to think of anything original or creative! -_-

EATTHERICH is the name of an ethical clothing company that me and my brother run. It started when we were a group of UK BMX riders (~17-22) who used to road trip around the UK a few times a year, we got some coverage in a magazine and came up with the name EATTHERICH for a big article. The riding has pretty much stopped now but we took the name to the clothing :)

I had to think of a forum name for webmasterworld about 8 years ago and the first thing I thought of that was anonymous was fruit & veg. I usually eat a banana in the morning so my thought process probably stemmed from that. I now use it on all forums I join (if available) to make things easy to remember.

 

I did actually work at a green grocer for one day during school holidays, I was absolutely rubbish. Couldn't tell a kumquat from an Aubergine.

I had to think of a forum name for webmasterworld about 8 years ago and the first thing I thought of that was anonymous was fruit & veg. I usually eat a banana in the morning so my thought process probably stemmed from that. I now use it on all forums I join (if available) to make things easy to remember.

 

I did actually work at a green grocer for one day during school holidays, I was absolutely rubbish. Couldn't tell a kumquat from an Aubergine.

 

 

Who's the guy in your avatar? if I may be so bold to ask! :D

A Hawkwind song :)

Aw... I always thought it was because you had racy dreams! A good one is the Hayek/Jolie/Mitra pancake with plenty of syrup! :D

Don't know why I chose mine, considering my name is Mike lol....

I was kinda confused when I was signing-up. I was being asked for a log-in name AND a username.

 

My log-in name is neko_zaibatsu, neko is the Japanese word for cat, while zaibatsu is vaguely synonymous to a big corporation in anime and games (e.g. Mishima Zaibatsu from Tekken). This is in reference to my (now closed) online shop which I named after the Japanese good luck cat, the manekineko.

 

Then, when there is another entry for username, I thought it is something that I can change anytime, so I translated neko zaibatsu to English.... Hence Cat's Corporation. It's too late when I found out that I can no longer change it.

 

I was planning to abandon this account and sign-up with the name that I used in other bulletin boards, but then, I was already elevated to "dedicated member", so I decided to keep this account.

 

... and no... I'm not Japanese, just an Otaku.

  • 5 months later...

great thread. My name comes from the way I ride/rode when I was younger. Id basically leave a trail of destruction or mayhem behind, not unlike most of my like tbh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.