Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fruit & veg

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fruit & veg

  1. Tx snider, looks good but I'd prefer a web-based option. Found a good article here - http://web.appstorm.net/roundups/9-email-marketing-and-newsletter-apps/ - so going to check through these options.
  2. I'm looking for a web-based email marketing solution to manage a new HTML newsletter I'm starting up to go with my site. Don't need much, clean, easy-to-use interface, plus a few stats would be nice. One key feature is the ability for subscribers to recommend the newsletter to friends easily and to track that. Looking to spend about a tenner a month - sending to about 5,000 subscribers. I know about constant contact and vertical response, just wondering what everybody else uses. A UK company would be good.
  3. http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming/php/#wp-postratings - I've used this for a few years and customised the images simply by replacing one of the default sets with my own.
  4. http://www.photoxpress.com/ http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_image_search?hl=en - in Advanced Search in Google Images you can select the 'Usage Rights' to 'For Commercial Reuse' which will filter your search. Double check the rights of the photo on the host site before use though.
  5. Looking for something along the lines of; http://findicons.com...older?id=171887 http://pullus.devian...folder-65492251 I'd like a bigger template I can use for a newsletter. Searching for 'PSD folders' isn't very fruitful though, anyone know of any templates I can use? Or even a tutorial would be good.
  6. I've got a block of common text and a link that needs to be copied into most blog posts created. I can go into a previous post and copy/paste it but I'd prefer to have the functionality to either add this code as a WYSIWYG menu option (like the More button) or have it in a clipboard type thing so I can paste it directly into the post. Any plugins or other ideas?
  7. I think it's due to this MayDay algo update - http://searchengineland.com/google-confirms-mayday-update-impacts-long-tail-traffic-43054 Thanks.
  8. Not sure what I've done but my traffic has dropped by about a third since 31st May in Google. This happened to anyone else? The only thing I can find is that in Labs > Site Performance my site rapidly slowed down on that day so I've removed what I added at that time, plus trimmed down my site even more and that does seem to have stopped the drop but I see no return to previous traffic levels. Will this take longer to return or has site performance got nothing to do with rankings? Are there any other new factors that I need to take into account now?
  9. Thanks but my main problem is that I don't know javascript.
  10. I'm trying to hack this nav - http://nettuts.s3.cd.../demo/demo.html - so it can work on the right hand side rather than the left. So I need the scrolling effect to change from popping out right to popping out left. This is the code for the sliding_effect.js code; $(document).ready(function() { slide("#sliding-navigation", 25, 15, 150, .; }); function slide(navigation_id, pad_out, pad_in, time, multiplier) { // creates the target paths var list_elements = navigation_id + " li.sliding-element"; var link_elements = list_elements + " a"; // initiates the timer used for the sliding animation var timer = 0; // creates the slide animation for all list elements $(list_elements).each(function(i) { // margin left = - ([width of element] + [total vertical padding of element]) $(this).css("margin-left","-180px"); // updates timer timer = (timer*multiplier + time); $(this).animate({ marginLeft: "0" }, timer); $(this).animate({ marginLeft: "15px" }, timer); $(this).animate({ marginLeft: "0" }, timer); }); // creates the hover-slide effect for all link elements $(link_elements).each(function(i) { $(this).hover( function() { $(this).animate({ paddingLeft: pad_out }, 150); }, function() { $(this).animate({ paddingLeft: pad_in }, 150); }); }); } I've tried changing all the lefts to rights, I've played with all the numbers, added minus signs to them all but nothing changes it. Any ideas? My aim is to have this navigation style on a menu that's fixed on the right hand side of the screen with each item rolling out as you hover over it.
  11. Check out - http://superpositionkitty.com/2009/09/css-image-caption-rollovers-for-wordpress/
  12. Looking for affiliates means you're a merchant with an affiliate program already running but I 'sense' you're after affiliate programs to join and promote, right? What kind and maybe people can help.
  13. I would buy both and host on the .co.uk especially if your customers are from the UK. Whenever I'm searching 'locally' I prefer to see a website with a UK domain name, so I know I'm not getting a similar town/village in some random US/OZ state - a country domain will also help ensure you're not filtered out of any localised SERPs.
  14. I've used a reseller account in my old job and if I got stuck I always went to this forum - http://www.webhostchat.co.uk We used http://www.rshosting.co.uk/reseller.html who were helpful with good support.
  15. Yeah, you'll need the footer and main area to be in seperate divs so the bg can stretch to any height within the main area and not overlap the footer. I usually start by grabbing a layout from one of these links; http://layouts.ironmyers.com / http://www.maxdesign.com.au/articles/css-layouts/
  16. That page is in the /kids-books/ directory but your Lightbox stuff is in the root directory. Simply add a preceeding forward slash to the lightbox <head> links so it knows to grab form the root. eg. so... <script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script> ...becomes... <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/prototype.js"></script> Give that a go.
  17. I know the kind of menu I want but having trouble finding it. The nearest I can get is this one - http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/004_Moo/tutorial/demo/demo.html - I want the functionality of that menu with the individual items sliding out as you rollover them but I only want an initial small square sitting there and when you roll over it the whole image slides out so you see the blue square AND the text. I've attached an image of the kind of menu item I want - this is a menu aligned on the right hand side of the browser (not left). So there would be 5 of these and you'd only see the blue square with a different icon on each one - when you hover over any of them, that image scrolls out so you can read the text describing that icon. I could probably play around with the above demo but before I do I was hoping someone might know of a virtual match to what I'm after to save time. btw would prefer JQuery as I've used it before but not fussed. Any JS library to make it smooth and swish would be cool.
  18. I've got a section on my blog called 'Sponsors' but not very happy with the name of it. It is where sites can buy a text link to their own website (Yes, I'm aware of Google grey area in this matter). Has anyone called this area something different? Maybe 'Friends' or something else.
  19. Ooh, nice one. I just came on here cause I think I solved it. Did you just mirror the image? Duplicate it, then flip one them vertically? Thanks!
  20. I'm trying to make a wavy border with two overlapping images - attached image. I'm having a friggin nightmare trying to make all the colours align so it can repeat down the page with dodgy jagged breaks and errors. Is there an easy way of doing this?
  21. I've done something similar using this code as my base - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/css-image-gallery/. It's just CSS.
  22. I just found this which is spot on - http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/actio...;r.s=sc&=en
  23. Yeah, 2.7 is OK. Upgrading was a piece of cake and my two blogs didn't break so I was happy with that. I think the admin interface is a bit better. It's easy to get to grips with and seems to make more sense everytime I use it. Thumbs up.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.