Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NeRo

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NeRo

  1. I think VAR has spoilt the game, games always seem to run on for much longer stoppage time than before I thought Offside was to stop an opposing player having a noticeable unfair advantage and not because his toe is an inch further forward than the defender? I also think it's crazy that the bigger clubs can spend fortunes to build teams But saying that, I do still enjoy watching the footy on TNT Sports on a Saturday and read football news on websites
  2. I'm finding the latest version of Photoshop v25.11 is making AI better My goto YouTube channels are PhotoshopCAFE and PIXimperfect
  3. I've been trying the generative fill in PS too, and as you say a mixed bag of results, but some I'm really pleased with (see monster truck below) Sometimes if you select one of the generations and generate again it gives better results I found this website useful https://nicolesy.com/2023/09/25/50-art-style-prompts-photoshop-generative-ai-fill/ which tells you how to do it, then gives examples of prompts with the output. To do full/proper AI you have to go onto the https://firefly.adobe.com
  4. If as @fisicx says the theme hasn't been updated since 2010 there maybe security vulnerabilities in it ~ another argument for the website to be updated
  5. I had a site break when the theme (Responsive) auto updated Could you try changing the theme (maybe one of the built in themes) to see if the problem goes away ~ you can always go back to the original theme after the test Forgot to ask ~ were there any emails advising you of any updates to the site e.g. plugins or themes?
  6. Would something like the TablePress plugin do the job? https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/tablepress/
  7. NeRo replied to rinple's topic in Web Browsers
    I'm using it on my Mac - problems I've found If you right-click, say to open link in a new tab, it doesn't always bring up the menu If you open a Private Browsing window, the original window blacks out and you can't go between the 2 windows Other than that it seems OK
  8. You may find that if they are business awards e.g. ISO 9000 that the logos are are strictly controlled and should not be modified! The issuing award body may have approved logos on their site, which you can download and use
  9. Had a look at the source code for the page and found these clues ... <link rel='stylesheet' id='twentytwelve-style-css' href='http://gamingtops.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwelve_child/style.css?ver=3.5.1' type='text/css' media='all' /> <meta name="generator" content="WordPress 3.5.1" /> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://gamingtops.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwelve/js/navigation.js?ver=1.0'></script> Not sure about the admin panel, but it maybe that WP has been installed via an ISP's control panel?
  10. One of my friends is a DJ on a local Internet radio station. Part of the show is the chatroom, where we can chat to Shorty during his show and put requests in. The station's website uses the Quick Chat Plugin for Wordpress, which worked reasonably well until recently - the problem being that it sometimes takes up to 20 seconds for a reply to display. Initially I put this down to there being other things running on the page e.g. scrolling adverts I've also tried it on my own test site and get similar results , even when changing settings Can anyone suggest what is wrong or recommend an alternative (free) chatroom?
  11. NeRo replied to kensha's topic in General Chat
    I've heard that chocolate in the traps works well?
  12. Turns out I'm not too far from Jock ~ First Scottish meet in the 4 Marys?
  13. Looks like a custom (copyrighted) script - http://www.bensky.co.uk/scripts/my-work.js
  14. Have you considered designing your own theme? Have a look at Artisteer if you want a tool to do it (trial lets you play with it but not save - purchase price $50)
  15. Is it the website, as in your other post? http://olympicmoments.weebly.com/
  16. NeRo replied to funsella's topic in Server Side
    I've not looked at the code yet, but do you need and have an API Key? Just checked - you need an API key to add to the auth.php file
  17. I think you have a mash-up of a template and an ordinary file The template file should have all <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="aname" --> ..... <!-- TemplateEndEditable --> Whereas your working files will have <!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="aname" --> ..... <!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
  18. You'll see that the areas you can edit have the comments BeginEditable at the start and EndEditable at the end - this is because the page has been created in DW using a template file To edit the greyed out areas, you need to edit that template file. However, all the other files in the folder will get updated as well
  19. My Dad used to work on Mainframe Computers in the late 1960s and used to bring me Text Art printouts home ~ I guess it probably preceded this date too
  20. Text Art - using ASCII symbols
  21. Have you tried clearing the browser cache and cookies, as the site seems to load ok on my PC using Chrome
  22. It looks like it might be in the header.php file? (wp-content/themes/themename)
  23. I got to spend the day with my son - he was home from Reykjavik for a few days Pressie wise - I got the Dagvaktin DVD
  24. Here are a number of solutions using different methods ... Perfect Full Page Background Image
  25. It does work in IE9, but didn't work in Compatibility Mode (IE8) I think the problem is the "background-size: cover;" and compatibility with older browsers - I'll need to do a bit of research to confirm.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.