Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sehrish

Adobe Fireworks or Photoshop

Guest Sehrish

Hello everyone, I want a quick feedback over my confusion of using Photoshop or fireworks. Previously, I was working in a company where my boss recommended fireworks for banner creation, image editing and for some other stuff. But now I am a part of another company where our graphic designer and employees using Photoshop for graphic related things. As I am not familiar with Photoshop so I usually avoid working on it but really wanna know the best one among two so that I can start learning.

Thank You

Although fireworks will produce work of the same quality of photoshop, you will find photoshop more fully featured to be geared towards editing real world photos and although it can be used for creating banners, it is not the most suitable tool for this job, for that I would recommend either illustrator or indesign (preferably a mixture of both).

My recommendation for photoshop above fireworks in not just due to is already mentioned discontinuation, but also because fireworks is unable to render fonts as they would look in real web browsers. Fireworks definitely crashes more of often than Photoshop, it also lacks tools and options to edit photos and add photo effects.

Am still on Fireworks...

I use both depending on what i need them for :)

Edited by dap

I only use Fireworks. Even though I can install Photoshop from Adobe Creative Cloud. Quite a few years ago, I used Photoshop for photo related stuff with Flash websites and such, but nowadays Fireworks always lets me do the simple things I need to do, without needing to learn more.

I'm a hobbyist.

Fireworks? - I have only seen 1 person use this in all my years in the industry!

For banners, logos etc, you're better off using Adobe Illustrator. As it is meant for that.

Photoshop is as the name explains, for photo editing etc. :)

But, it is whatever your most comfortable using I guess.

"For banners, logos etc, you're better off using Adobe Illustrator. As it is meant for that." fireworks was made just for this - for graphical web production. i assume many don't use it because they are already (too) comfortable with photoshop (or illustrator).

We use Sketch pretty much exclusively at work now, I don't think I've opened Illustrator in about 6 months.

I really like it, from a developers view the plugin ecosystem allows you to do almost anything. Airbnb even render React components inside of Sketch files http://airbnb.io/react-sketchapp. It's basically built around designing components and re-using elements, so it's perfect for a modern workflow.

"For banners, logos etc, you're better off using Adobe Illustrator. As it is meant for that." fireworks was made just for this - for graphical web production. i assume many don't use it because they are already (too) comfortable with photoshop (or illustrator).

Or because there's much better tools to get the job done quicker. Guess it's down to preference.

Not sure why you would 'start' using Fireworks now, when it's been discontinued. If you were already using it and loved it, that's a bit different.

Or because there's much better tools to get the job done quicker. Guess it's down to preference.

When it comes to logos and other media that will be used for a wide variety of purposes, the only thing important to remember is to use a vector based program, otherwise, yes, it's down to preference