Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Extreme Weather Warning: Heavy and Drifting snow

Featured Replies

Had a few quick flurries....but not worth a piccy (yet!?!) and nothing has stuck

  • Author
Had a few quick flurries....but not worth a piccy (yet!?!) and nothing has stuck

 

:(

 

Lets hope its a sign of better things to come!

Have you guys got down to forty below zero yet, like it did here in montana us?

Have you guys got down to forty below zero yet, like it did here in montana us?

we got to 15 below in new york! I remember when we hit -45 with the windchill , the whole state shut down literally.

  • Author

A couple of weeks ago it was -12 :)

 

ITS HEAVY SNOW AND ITS STARTING TO SETTLE!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

A couple of weeks ago it was -12 :)

 

ITS HEAVY SNOW AND ITS STARTING TO SETTLE!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

 

Where in the uk are you.

 

No snow in South Wales :(

 

Pat

still no snow here in torbay!

 

cummon guys post locations with snows, lol should we start a google map charting it?

Here in south London, we've got about 4 inches of it at the moment :)

 

Shame I'm too ill to go and play!

Nothing is staying as of yet, had a few very very light snow showers though...maybe I will wake up to a winter wonderland tomorrow :)

 

Ohh and I am just outside of Newcastle :pp

No fair! I want snow! There's the odd bit, but still not enough to even make a covering. :(

I was out with my Car Club pals today - although it was cold, my roof was down for most of the day (see pic) :D

 

 

3245698422_06c5482e4f.jpg

BMWCC meet - Dumbartonshire

I was out with my Car Club pals today - although it was cold, my roof was down for most of the day (see pic) :D

 

 

3245698422_06c5482e4f.jpg

BMWCC meet - Dumbartonshire

 

Cool Car!

I was out with my Car Club pals today - although it was cold, my roof was down for most of the day (see pic) :D

 

 

3245698422_06c5482e4f.jpg

BMWCC meet - Dumbartonshire

 

Yeah so was i....

 

 

fararri-enzo.jpg

 

It's a hard life.

I have about a foot right now

we got that a few days ago i have 2 and some change feet on my lawn.

Woke up this morning to a lovely thick layer of the white stuff! Will try and get a piccy later :D

Absolute chaos here in London! Over 10cm I think and the transport system has grinded to a halt! I'm currently in the office and it's completely empty! Should have stayed at home to make snow angels instead! :D

 

(I love the snow!)

Woke up this morning to a lovely thick layer of the white stuff! Will try and get a piccy later :D

 

same here :)

Should have stayed at home to make snow angels instead!

 

HAHA! i like your thinking, we've only got about a measly inch ): but it must be warm, the canal is still runny.

 

I can see snowdon from my window, and it's covered to the bottom (normally just the tips stay white).

 

It's purrrty.

Nero which ones yours?

 

The third one along - the red Z3 (as in my sig pic ;) )

photo2.jpg

 

no snow here yet, but there were massive waves and we got some russian poo foam!

 

metcheck said its due to hit at 1500h, but exeter, ashburton and tavistock all have snow now apparently,so im going out snow hunting!

The third one along - the red Z3 (as in my sig pic ;) )

 

Nice car! This weather isn't designed for rear wheel drive cars though... zero traction and a VERY twitchy backside! Last night I was on my way home in my MR2 and even at 20mph on small corners I was powersliding everywhere with the back out and everything! Almost lost control so many times, very scary and dangerous (but soo much fun lol! :D)

Nice car! This weather isn't designed for rear wheel drive cars though... zero traction and a VERY twitchy backside! Last night I was on my way home in my MR2 and even at 20mph on small corners I was powersliding everywhere with the back out and everything! Almost lost control so many times, very scary and dangerous (but soo much fun lol! :D)

 

I'm glad my friend doesn't have your car, he gave me and 3 other guys (so 5 in total) a lift to his in his Fiesta which he was trying to power slide around really narrow streets. Good job it's only a Fiesta and he was going too slow!

 

Anyway it's snowed a little bit in Stoke but it's stopped now. I was in Stafford earlier meeting a client though and it was really heavy there, wish I took my camera as there was a really pretty half-frozen lake with a few swans pottering around in it.

We have around 6inches of snow with the weather forcast telling us that well have even more tonight!

Had day of today too

wow! went to dartmoor and was at the bottom of a hill and there was a jag skidding down it hit a bank flew to the other side and flipped over the other bank and landed on the roof. phoned 999 and they tried to send an air ambulance but the weather was too bad and they couldnt see!!! wooow... they were ok only cuts a bruses but wow thoo, needless to say i stuck to 15-20mph while driving off of the moors.

 

might post a pic soon

Just had a great hour and a half playing in the snow with my kids! Even made a snow man!

Just had a great hour and a half playing in the snow with my kids! Even made a snow man!

 

:D

I looked like a snowman by the time I got to uni this morning. Left wearing a black hoodie, by the time I got to uni it was pretty much all white... :rolleyes:

Blimey @ Andy

 

I didn't go in snow today as feeling rough but might do tomorrow. Wish I'd bought Adam a snow suit now tho :(

 

Will take pic and post it later or tomorrow. Our garden looks delightful!

Well did have a snowman....the little ******* ******* from next door ******* broke it......My little boy is going to be gutted tomorrow.

Helen there are lots of snowflakes on your post...I can't read it properly. Can you repeat pls?

Helen there are lots of snowflakes on your post...I can't read it properly. Can you repeat pls?

 

You really don't want me to.........not very nice words.

I had a SERIOUSLY scary drive home from work - this snow stuff is all fun & games til you get a job and have somewhere you've got to be!

I live in Manchester, there was a lot of snow but took a long time to stick.

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00029.JPG

 

It melted a few hours later too :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.