Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would you hire me?

Featured Replies

Here's a little idea suggested by Nero that I thought was fun...

 

Would you hire me, based on my appearence?

 

untitled.JPG

 

I'm not wearing my glasses in that picture, and they make me look a lot older than 14. :)

  • Replies 139
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on that pic, I would ask you to come back when you've left school :diablo::rofl:

I'd hire you Rachel - I also have the blessing of looking young for my age.

 

Would you hire me?

photo-3701.jpg

  • Author
Based on that pic, I would ask you to come back when you've left school

 

Yeah, I get that a lot. I really don't look like I'm going to be 21 this year. I can show you my ID though if you don't believe me. ;)

 

Ooh, Rob, I'd hire you... For other stuff as well as web design. :p You're pretty cute for a guy. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

hehe, thank you! :blush1: I turned 21 last year, I'm getting old! I know what you mean though, I get ID'd so much; it is a compliment though, I'd prefer to look young, than to look old ^_^

  • Author

I get ID'd all the time! Even for 15 certificate DVDs. That really sucks, because I'm probably older than the person serving me! :9

Haha, ok I don't get ID'd for that sorta stuff - but definitely for alcohol and clubs and stuff. Three cheers for the baby faces! Hip hip...!! :D

  • Author

Hooray!

 

Right, who else is willing to show us their ugly mug?

Yeah, come on everyone - we've done it, it's your turn now! ;)

It must just be Robs and people beginning with R - I too look young for my age XD

 

Rob you look like you should be in 6th form!

My name (Richard) begins with R, and I used to look reaaaally young.. now I just look quite young.

It must just be Robs and people beginning with R - I too look young for my age XD

 

Rob you look like you should be in 6th form!

 

Not a surprise, that's an older guess than some people give me! I tend to grow some facial hair now, which has the added benefit of making me look a bit older.

 

What is it about people with R in their name and looking young? It's a conspiracy! :mellow:

My name (Richard) begins with R, and I used to look reaaaally young.. now I just look quite young.

 

Thanks for pointing out that Richard begins with an R :lol:

OK seeing as I started this here's mine (not the most flattering, but my most recent)

 

2300455696_ceecff41cc.jpg

 

I've had my haircut since then :rolleyes:

The moustache makes you look reeaaally upset...

 

RobH: yes, re-reading that, it does look a bit silly..

  • Author

Do you guys think *I* will look older if I grow a beard?

  • Author

david.jpg

 

That's me in glasses before I had my haircut. Please tell me I look marginally older!

OK seeing as I started this here's mine (not the most flattering, but my most recent)

 

2300455696_ceecff41cc.jpg

 

I've had my haircut since then :rolleyes:

 

I needs myself a 'tash like that! Nice camera by the way!

 

 

@Rachael: You look so much different in that photo! I think you should avoid the beard for now, wait till you're at least over 60 ;)

Pffft...21 is not old, I'm coming up 30! Only consolation is I'm buying an iPod Touch to make me feel better :D

 

Check me out! Handsome or what! Actually I am much more dashing than that (hats don't suit me).

 

2066076261_29221aeed7.jpg or rob.jpg

No No No AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

 

The Hat!

 

:D

  • Author

I'd hire you more based on the picture on the right. ;)

Guys, you are forgetting the beauty of web design......... of my my 7 clients in the last 5 months, I've met ONE!

Rob your photo on the left reminds me of a friend who I occasionally work with.

Rob your photo on the left reminds me of a friend who I occasionally work with.

 

Crazy hat man?? I knew someone exactly like that at college :o

*Awful realisation moment*

 

I think I'm actually far more likely to be hired on the basis of my personal appearance than on my portfolio...

 

God life's a bitch!

 

Trying to find a picture of myself for the show and tell - until I get one you'll all have to settle for my dog. He's much better looking than me anyway.

 

dill_crop.jpg

 

 

Ok- found one. Not my best moment maybe, and a few years old now, but I could get a job using this? No sweat!

me.jpg

 

Edit: Hey - where's my pics gone! No fair! :(

[edit again] ok here's the least offensive one I can find. Had my hair cut since though (thank god)

post-3557-1209903909_thumb.jpg

Pffft...21 is not old, I'm coming up 30! Only consolation is I'm buying an iPod Touch to make me feel better :D

 

Check me out! Handsome or what! Actually I am much more dashing than that (hats don't suit me).

 

2066076261_29221aeed7.jpg or rob.jpg

I did that for my 16th birthday hahaha. Ill post my pic soon maybe..

  • Author
Guys, you are forgetting the beauty of web design.........

 

Awh, thanks Eggman! That's really nice of you! :)

I see what you did there ;) Thanks Eggman!

Ok guys... would you hire me based on the pic below? :D

 

me.jpg

Ok guys... would you hire me based on the pic below? :D

 

me.jpg

 

I definitely would, you have that creative air about you.

I would. :)

 

I guessed you would :girl_devil: , but the question was would you employ him :vava:

I guessed you would :girl_devil: , but the question was would you employ him :vava:

 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who read it that way! ;)

Looks like Rob and I will be sent to the naughty corner 1.gif

They'll never catch me!

Antom,

As far as 'how you look' yes absolutely - however if I was a client thinking about spending money with you as a designer, I wouldnt hire you based on the fact that (no offense or anything) that picture makes you look like a laid back music kinda guy.

If you were wearing a suit....... no questions! You'd be in! lol

  • Author

Oh my gosh! NeRo and RobH... Antom is not my type at all. AT ALL. :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.