Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My laptop is burning me...

Featured Replies

I understand that laptops have to sacrifice powerful fans for space, but why do the Macbooks insist on being so hot on the bottom, my legs are boiling!! :wacko:

heheheh.. yeah they do get quite toasty if doing anything really intense but i assume that any laptop would get hot.. they just can't pump the heat out like a desktop

the mac range tends to be "notebooks" rather "than laptops" - that is, they are designed to be portable desktop machines, and as such sacrifice energy efficiency for a decent processor speed.

  • Author

There is one benefit, I don't have to keep the heating on in the house. :D

  • Author

Good thing it's on my lap and not anywhere else then! ^_^

Apparently if you sit a laptop on your lap (maracas) the temperature increases by 3 degrees and can seriously affect your sperm count.

 

Safest to sit at a desk.

 

There are unfortunately side affects of an increased sperm count. For example your bank account gets emptied every month.

Be careful if you're planning to be a parent :D

 

my thoughts exactly! all this new fangled technology bluetooth 2.3.302.3 and wifi 802.11nvhs.334h really isnt good for the old testycleas

Yeah no you're right I'd much rather have to deal with periods and child birth than have to sit at a desk....... lol

  • Author

Tbh, it feels kinda nice having them warmed up a bit.... ;) I don't sit with my laptop *on* my lap very often; it's usually on my desk, so I'm allowed to do it once or twice a week... ^_^

Yeah no you're right I'd much rather have to deal with periods and child birth than have to sit at a desk....... lol

 

Ever heard of 'the pill' ? :p

  • Author

Yeah, but then the baby things don't come out! I think.... :o

Aye but the pill isnt 100% - so then i'd have to deal with the constant paranoia of 'what if it didnt work?'

Well f$% that and a bag of bananas

Dang! I wondered why my heating bills had gone up so much since my powerbook died...

 

Sorry - I've nothing to contribute to the contraception debate.

 

...I wasn't planned by my parents.

I understand that laptops have to sacrifice powerful fans for space, but why do the Macbooks insist on being so hot on the bottom, my legs are boiling!! :wacko:

 

Back on topic - saw this on QVC yesterday. I was very tempted.

 

Port Designs Portable Lapdesk & Mouse For Your Notebook

 

No need to roast your chestnuts any more :D

  • Author

That is awesome! I'm not sure how I'd feel whipping it out on a train or bus though :o

Lol that just looks like a chopping board with a hole in the middle. I could do that with 1 chopping board and a jigsaw.

  • Author

If you can make it with the mouse rest, and foldable like that one - then I'll take 2! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.