Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

liquid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by liquid

  1. Jeremy Clarkson (love him or loathe him?) was so fed up with all the scaremongering about identity theft that he published his own bank details in his newspaper column..... Anyway someone used this information to "steal" £ 500 from his account....... He was very embarrassed and had to acknowledge that you should be careful what details you give out.... In fairness all the person did was set up a direct debit to a charity, however it proves a point..... Be careful out there
  2. Just a little update on this. My client is prepared to give this a go so I'm hoping for great things. Luckily there is a very successful website here in Scotland that most of my sites get a free (relevant) link from and I have so far got a Google listing in days.....fingers crossed for this one..... that was the kiss of death
  3. liquid replied to EggMan's topic in General Chat
    I didn't think she was from Yorkshire
  4. Do you remember that free book Royal Mail were doing "Direct Mail for Dummies"? There was a thread going last year on this. Anyway I sent off for it...and it's okay.
  5. When I started reading this thread I thought the only solution was air strikes but I was embarrassed to post in case you thought me a little too extreme.... I now feel comfortable that a rational sensible person like BadMo was thinking the same as me.....
  6. Unfortunately I would not get past the security guards..... Looking at the pictures of the speakers I don't think ugly people are welcome!!
  7. liquid replied to php_penguin's topic in General Chat
    No quite the opposite.... I will be playing butler, housekeeper, chef to my wife (on behalf of my son) But more challenging is that I will (appear to) stay in a good mood all day!
  8. No No No AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... The Hat!
  9. I'm now on the map
  10. I don't have time to read this this at length now....but I have started and it is interesting and is now bookmarked. It's easy on the eye and one of the few websites I have commented on here where I haven't complained that the text is too light to read comfortably. Look forward to reading more
  11. Apparently if you sit a laptop on your lap (maracas) the temperature increases by 3 degrees and can seriously affect your sperm count. Safest to sit at a desk. There are unfortunately side affects of an increased sperm count. For example your bank account gets emptied every month.
  12. Be careful if you're planning to be a parent
  13. Sometimes I feel sad about being old(er) and sometimes I get angry.... but then I remember that I was a teenager in the 70's and 80's and I don't feel so bad about being excluded from the UKYIA!
  14. I really appreciate this link....I haven't felt this enthusiastic about any website in ages... Today's picture came out really well...you should have seen the other twenty crap ones. The comments have been very encouraging The hardest thing will be keeping it up on work days but I guess that's the challenge.
  15. I didn't believe that I had any privacy anyway. Not sure how (un)happy I am about it...but I couldn't live in the world I do with all its comforts telephone, postal service, the NHS, money, cars, computers etc. etc. and expect to retain my privacy. Information about people is the ultimate power whether you are intending to kill them or sell them something ....or in the case of the Western world sell them something that will kill them.
  16. I have just (almost) convinced an existing client to use a generic (is that the right word) domain name for their new venture. I have not tried this before. I have found the domain name but would prefer not to reveal it until I have registered it. Assuming I get everything else right regarding SEO has anyone felt that they have gained a real advantage by opting for this route? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  17. Hi Matt I'm just up the road from you....about 60 miles Welcome
  18. I know.....you now have your own cyberstalker..... I guessed you might use the same name and searched for you....I really like your images. I'll pm you my user name as I have used my own full name and would like to retain a little privacy.
  19. Is there any mileage in going to a new company and doing a domain transfer?
  20. First can I say I really like the design but my first thought was that the style doesn't suit the products. I know this sounds a little strange because the products themselves have not been added and I may be way off target. It just seems a little too neat, high tech......I feel it needs to be more "scruffy"
  21. The two sites look great.... once you've got the listings sorted they will be spot on.
  22. I've uploaded my first picture today... thanks for the link
  23. I am heading over there right now.... didn't know you liked taking pictures... Okay I'll see what I can manage....I'll take Austin with me...he's really photogenic.
  24. Yeah okay thanks...... Just steady, doing a very small amount of web stuff....mainly busy with the 9 to 5 job Just had a holiday in sunny England visiting my family. May well dig out the camera and take a few pics this weekend. I noticed a bit of snow on the mountains when i was out this afternoon. Might get a couple of decent shots.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.