Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

paperclip

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by paperclip

  1. To be honest I didn't know about AJAX until I got to this forum. That is some cool stuff! Now I want to use it...
  2. paperclip replied to JohnR's topic in General Chat
    Usually for things that might dissapoint me buying them online, I find what I want at a regular store and ensure I know what I want, need. From there find the online retailer that carries what I want. If I can't do the real store thing, then you hit the nail right on the head. Talk to friends, including the ones here. Research the store, and ensure they are reliable, have a warranty(not just the manufacturer's) and a return policy that doesn't leave you empty handed.
  3. My connection is supposed to be at 5M/2M setup. Don't know the real though. Any way to track it without special software?
  4. paperclip replied to JohnR's topic in General Chat
    As far as I know, some use it as a way to track e-mail addresses, while others just want to see if they ever get it back, just for their amusement. As per the donations, no it is not true. There is no way to get the whole thing tracked and get a donation from anyone based on that.
  5. paperclip replied to JohnR's topic in General Chat
    I checked online and it doesn't seem to be available on DVD on your neck of the woods Eskymo. Heres a link to imdb.com where you can see the trailer and such.
  6. I am new to the freelancing business. I was wondering how difficult it is to get started doing business in this manner. I know about having a business plan, so I know which route to take and not forget anything along the way, but I don't even know where to start. Where to look for jobs etc. Any input would be great here guys!
  7. That is exactly what I was thinking. I actually had 2 versions for my first attempt to a website. One had all the pretty graphics and buttons, the other one didn't. Most people visited the "fancy"one so I eventually canned the other one. Now with all the popular browsers I guess it makes it a little harder to decide.
  8. Thanks for that info. I have had the same question for quite some time, but since I am not designing at the moment, or not as much as I want to, I never asked.
  9. That is very good advice. I have been researching different approaches to my future business but have yet to put anything in writing. I can sometimes be undecisive, so putting things in a plan when something makes sense should help me out. Thanks!
  10. I am currently looking to perhaps pay for hosting, and came across a friend who uses lunarpages as his hosting service. I have gotten mixed reviews, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Good, bad,... ugly?
  11. That looks very nice indeed! Nice job. A heck of a lot better than my first site(and my second for that matter )
  12. I am redesigning my site to be simpler, since the topic will be totally different. I had a row of buttons for my navigation, but I am torn between that and just a column of links for simplicity. Any opinions?
  13. I have only used fireworks once, and it seemed very powerful. I am in th eprocess of deciding what to get for work, and as of right now I'm gonna get the whole macromedia studio.
  14. Now we're talking. No better software than free software, at least for beginners.
  15. I have to say PS has its merits. many PSP users adapt to Photoshop, but is not as usual the other way around. I fanything I guess it shows it might be a little easier to use?
  16. Would have to agree eskymo. Nice job. Very simple, yet, eyecatching and original.
  17. My first site I did from the sit of my pants, and well, it sucked. THe new revised version I planned as I stated above and came along pretty good. I designed all the buttons, etc. in Paint Shop Pro, and then it was fairly easy to put together.
  18. paperclip posted a topic in Web Browsers
    I am still using IE (yes, laugh) but my dad started using opera and he won't switch back. Is it that much better? What's the advantages of it over IE
  19. That would be my suggestion as well. I would probably either put a message on their home page, or make an alternate page that would require a user input to get away from, which makes sure they saw it and can't claim they didn't see it.
  20. I still use IE for two reasons. I can't use anything else at work The wife won't touch anything else!
  21. I must have been sleeping under a rock! I haven't even heard of picassa. Is taht an online only app like many of google's new tools?
  22. I normally take my own pictures for my sites. I normally use my olympus cammera for these pictures. I have found a few limitations since often I find myself unable to get close enough to a subject to achieve a good picture. Any body have any recommendations for a good SLR? Are the Digital rebels good?
  23. I don't think they'll eclipse it, since the main reason Mac's survived despite microsoft has been their superiority in this market(not to mention graphics as well).
  24. I am beginning a new projet where all of my presentations will be designed on flash rather than PPT. The reason behind it is for flexibility and interactivity. Anywho, I know I need Flash, but will I need the studio, or just the program with a good graphics design program on the side?
  25. Well, I'm doing both, kinda. I'm designing presentations that will "require" animations, so I will use flas rather than PPT. Most of the pictures are sreenshots, so I'm not entirely sure I'll need Photoshop. However, I might. My boss is asking what I need right now, although the project doesn't start for a few months. I don't want to say one thing now and end up having to ask for something sdifferent later.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.