Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your Internet Speed?

Featured Replies

How fast is your internet?

 

I am currently running 256k now.. But actually, I have to send it back Friday. I am kinda sad about it. Not sure how I will cope without it! :(

  • 2 weeks later...

My connection is supposed to be at 5M/2M setup. Don't know the real though. Any way to track it without special software?

  • 1 month later...
How fast is your internet? I am currently running 256k now.. But actually, I have to send it back Friday. I am kinda sad about it.

I don't know how fast my internet speed is but its the fastest cable speed :rolleyes:

  • 3 weeks later...
Download Speed: 1702 kbps (212.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 432 kbps (54 KB/sec transfer rate)

 

That's according to the Speakeasy test. :)

 

8mb speed..that connection must be so fast you don't notice images loading anymore. they just appear instantly. lol :lol:

I'm currently paying for 6mbs yet, im getting 1, so im feeling a bit ripped off :p

I'm currently paying for 6mbs yet, im getting 1, so im feeling a bit ripped off :p

 

Yeah I can imagine, I have 8mb connection with Pipex, but our telephone exchange doesn't support this and my speed varies from 3 to 6mb a second. Perhaps you should try another provider, might be cheaper!

 

:)

  • 1 month later...
I'm in the UK, i'm with Pipex, they seem really good, upto 8mb broadband, I think i'v had actually 8mb once or twice it seems to average between 5.8mb - 7.2mb which isn't bad :)

 

Helps me lower my ping when playing online games :)

 

:cray:

 

I'm with Pipex too! It's getting better all the time, but at the beginning of the year it was like a dial-up connection, my upload was quicker than my download!! To a geek, that hurts! :rofl: I'm suppose to be on 8mb (ha!), normal is 2mb at best :(

well - I'm on a very slow broadband connection due to living in a tiny village with a crappy BT line servicing every household. Annoying, but no point getting bothered by it as I can't change it.

  • 2 weeks later...

Im on a 1mb - 2mb line, its not great but it does okay!

  • 2 years later...

I'm supposed to be on 8mb, and i usually average about 2mb. Not fun but its because i am about 3 miles from the nearest exchange point. Nothing i can do :(

I've got 20mb broadband and it averages about 17mb. :)

 

Daaaamnn, i would kill to have a connection that fast, haha.

I've got 50mb cable connetion AND a 20mb ADSL connection.

2 internet connections ftw!

I have an 8mb line with BT and on average I get 6mb - it is nice for online gaming :)

I've got 20mb broadband and it averages about 17mb. :)

 

Same here, with Virgin Media.

 

Don't know how I coped back in the days of 56k dial up!

I'm supposed to be on 8mb, and i usually average about 2mb. Not fun but its because i am about 3 miles from the nearest exchange point. Nothing i can do

 

Mine spikes from 1mb up to 4mb, it's so inconsistent :(

 

The really gay thing is, i live opposite the exchange, but the line doesn't go straight to it, some gigantic detour :(

 

 

Just done a speed test and I'm getting 10mb,

 

@bocaj

 

I used to live in sheffield and on the road I was on my house (in the middle) could not get broadband from anywhere or anyone, all to do with the exchange, I'd love to understand how that works because every single other house on the street and around could get perfect broadband!!! The exchange was no more then 50 meters away

I'm on one of those up to 8mb, when I did a test it was about 5mb.

I've got 20mb broadband and it averages about 17mb. :)

 

 

Really, really fast... I am at office and i don't know the speed of our connection.. at home, I have 2mb only..

648017419.png

 

That's what i just got, but it is like 4.30 am :p I'll see what i get when i wake up >.<

Just re did it

 

648341544.png

 

I knew it'd be slower during the day :(

 

I've always been told it's all about the upload to download ratio. Anyone wanna explain that?

I'd imagine everyone based in the UK has had much slower than usual Internet speeds due to the problems down at LINX.

 

My speed as of today:

 

649831280.png

 

8Mb broadband with O2, normally faster than the above speed... :(

650036460.png

650038793.png

 

It's been proper intermittent all day. Typical, my day off too! every other day it'll be consistent :(

Office speed today, with around 1,000 people connected to the network :D

652181343.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.