Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantastic Examples of how Ajax can be used

Featured Replies

I found a really cool website that shows examples (including the source code) of how Ajax can be used. The Drag and Drop shopping cart, really "WOWED" me and inspired me to implement something similar next time I build a shopping cart enviroment.

 

There's plenty of other examples, so check it out below when you have a spare moment.

 

This website: http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Demos

 

:)

Wow, I was just looking for real world AJAX examples and this is just one I found now, thank you for this great stuff Ben

  • 1 month later...

To be honest I didn't know about AJAX until I got to this forum. That is some cool stuff! Now I want to use it... :D

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yeah I know what you mean, but what with myself learning Flash and more PHP there's just not enough hours in the day, i'll be onto it once I more knowledgeable in other areas. As the possibilities with Ajax are really amazing.

Do I need Ajax?

 

I looked at the demos and yes they are amazing, but not sure I want to use them to be honest - does that make me a freak?

  • 2 weeks later...

Not at all. I prefer not to use any (yet)... that's because I don't know how and I want to be proficient in other stuff first.

Do I need Ajax?

 

For most web designers, AJAX is just a buzz word. It's mostly useful for RIA's (Rich Internet Applications), and not really general websites unless you have some kind of widget that uses it (the live search tool with WordPress is AJAX for example). If you find yourself with a project with a complex data driven user interface - AJAX is probably worth looking into (although I'd use Flash first personally) otherwise, stick to plain hold html ;)

  • 5 months later...

I saw that too the other day

 

 

Yeah, AJAX is wonderful. I am learning javascript so I can learn this language.

 

Mootools is another example of how AJAX is beautiful.

 

This is awesome, thought it was flash, http://script.aculo.us/

 

But its just using AJAX :friends:

  • 2 weeks later...

The demos are truly amazing. They really do show you just what is achievable with ajax. However, ajax isnt always necessary, only really for creating large amounts of website activity, or just a small bit. Not for everyday use in websites.

The demos are truly amazing. They really do show you just what is achievable with ajax. However, ajax isnt always necessary, only really for creating large amounts of website activity, or just a small bit. Not for everyday use in websites.

 

When is eBay gonna do some? There well behind.

  • 2 weeks later...
I found a really cool website that shows examples (including the source code) of how Ajax can be used. The Drag and Drop shopping cart, really "WOWED" me and inspired me to implement something similar next time I build a shopping cart enviroment.

 

There's plenty of other examples, so check it out below when you have a spare moment.

 

This website: http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Demos

 

:)

 

Cool, just downloaded the newst version for me to put up on my website

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.