Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

paperclip

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by paperclip

  1. I designed my own and I just designed on paper where I wanted the general things and how I wanted them to liik like. I translated that into code and made a black and white page with everything in its place. At that point I designed all my bottons, played with the background, etc. After that just put it all together and fine tune.
  2. It's been brought to my attention that my company will be buying me Flash along with anything else I need to build interactive software. At this point, they are also trying to save money, so should I tell them to get just flash and photoshop? Or should I just tell them to get the studio and use fireworks.
  3. That's how most people feel. When you are used to a given program, is hard to change, regardless of it being better or not
  4. That is all I have ever done. The closer you can get it to the lens the better. Depending on the sunglasses you have, it may come out to dark, but hey, you can always get a $5 pair from wal-mart. You know, Top Gun style, and use them just for that purpose.
  5. You can tell I have been away from graphics a while. I didn't know there was a PSP 9 I love the animation Shops. I create some coll stuff with that program
  6. Create them as jpegs to begin with.! No, really, any conversion of that kind would most likely require you to "clean" the picture.
  7. I would say, come up with a simple layout. I want my links here, and my buttons here, etc. Work from there, link style, font etc.
  8. Music on a non music site, especially if I can't turn it off. Pop-ups of any kind. Most annoying are the ones that are a banner that expands all over your screen if you even think of moving your mouse over it. Clashing colors. I do like the skip it intro thing though. Is cool to watch an intro once or twice, but when I have to sit through it everytime I go to the site, it annoys me.
  9. Ihave Macromedia MX sitting here and I mostly just use flas out of it. Would it be worth learning Fireworks if I'm already using Paint Shop Pro?
  10. Mine's simplicity and easy navigation. I like to use buttons rather than text links, and the text links look different rather than the same text underlined.
  11. If you are having someone else design it for you, then is up to you to come up with the detailed requirements for them. Whatever is open for creativity then should also be specified as being left for the designer to come up with. IMO
  12. Read it twice and can't quite grasp what your question is. However, I went to your link and it looks pretty good. Whatever is already implemented there, seems to work good.
  13. I know, I know, this is Fireworks vs. Photoshop. I use Paint Shop Pro very proficiently for years, and well, I have yet to find anything in Photoshop or Fireworks that can't be done on Paint Shop Pro
  14. It depends on the game for me. First person shooting games play better on PC because I can multitask better with the whole keyboard/mouse combination. I do love me some Mario and Zelda though. Can't wait for the Wii to come out. Already reserved BTW!
  15. paperclip replied to DaHLiA's topic in Server Side
    Shame on you Eskymo!
  16. Most "common" things to one are almost impossible to find in the other, and viceversa. Everyone at my old office stuck to their previous program. I decided to give it a shot, and actually came out swinging, cuz I was able to use both after a period of frustration and learning.
  17. paperclip replied to ozzie's topic in Frontend
    I like Notepad because even as a begginer it forces you to learn about what you are doing, not to take it for granted. It also helps to understand the code when you see a feature on a site you like. As for editors, I like Dreamweaver, but if you design for someone else Frontpage is the way to go, because most companies will have it if they choose to host their own site.
  18. As stated before, most people won't see the pop-up, and if they see it they might be turned away from your site. I for one hate pop-ups, and tend to turn away from sites that use them.
  19. You are abosolutely right JohnR. If you are used to one, is hard to get used to the other. I used PSP7 for quite sometime and when they consolidated the different training departments in my firm, I had to change to Photoshop. I felt like a newbie. Now I work with both. There's not one thing you can do with one which you can't do with the other.
  20. paperclip replied to DaHLiA's topic in Server Side
    I actually like both! I think DaHlia's would be better as a standalone rather than on the cursor though.
  21. I am by no means an expert but try two things Ensure the edges are clean on the picture you are moving Once added, zoom in and use either cloning brush or even the spray paint to soften the edges. I prefer the clone brush for that
  22. I would start with a website about any one interest you may have. Eventually, as you get better, add different pages about the different interests, and you will see the site grow.
  23. I have to say that's a pretty neat picture. Especially considering you took it with a Phone! I have taken similar pictures, and let me suggest, take a similar picture with a pair of sunglasse in front of the lens. It makes the picture even more vivid!
  24. It might sound silly, but you can do wonders with MS Paint believe it or not. It will get you used to dealing with graphis, and is right there on your Start menu
  25. I have used both, and have found they both have strengths and weaknesses. If you already have one, stick with it, no reason to change. What you can do with one you can do with the other as well. As for preference, I find PSP easier to use, and get used to.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.