Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great idea for a website but no experience in web design or coding?

Featured Replies

Hello everyone. I've been developing this idea for a unique and innovative social networking site for months now. I know exactly what I want the website to look like and I am certain that it will be a huge success, given that it's very different to usual social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter.

 

Here's the problem: I have literally no experience in website design and I have a very small budget.

 

Can anyone give me a hand/point me in the right direction?

 

Thanks for reading!

Here's the problem: I have literally no experience in website design and I have a very small budget.

 

Don't expect a freelancer to weigh in then, unless you fancy Indians making your site for you for 50p. The only other route is to learn web coding, but it would take you a long time to learn the necessary languages typically needed to create social network type websites. I would keep saving up the cash and then hire a proper freelancer.

hello!

 

if you think you have a good idea, create a startup. if you dont have enough money, you will need an investment into your idea - a person who will believe that if he gives you his money, you will create somethink that can make him more money in return. to convince investors about your startup idea, you need to make few things clear first - e.g. who will be the target audience? how your startup will make money? etc.

best think to start with is to develop a business model canvas. watch this video: http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com/canvas

 

there is a great online course at Stanford University, which will give you more answers about this topic

http://venture-lab.org/venture

Hello,

 

You could try to find some website developer, who would be engaged in creating this webpage (if it is really that original) for free, and make him your partner. If the idea is good, i guess it would be possible. Otherwise you have the options to save some money for a developer, make a startup ant look for investors or learn how to make it yourself (but it would take lots of time, and it could be too late).

Hi Frank

 

My suggestion to you is as you run on a limited budget to do the first design yourself. I have worked with various CMS's (content management systems) and by what you are saying you don't have any experience on website design. Well I suggest you choose the WordPress CMS. It is very user friendly and easy to get the hang off it. Further you will also find literally thousands of pre designed themes that are for free.

 

It is really easy. you just choose the look and feel you want, download the theme and click install. After installation you can tweak the theme and add the content to your further liking. To help you further I suggest you look on the internet for free online courses on how to create a WordPress website.

 

Hope this helped.

 

 

Peter

There is website which connects enineers and non-engineers for creating startups or doing projetcs, techcofounder.com you can post some details of your idea and see if someone reply, you can even try to find someone close to you. I think there are couple more of this sites they probably willl even have some in your area. :) not sure where are you from

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.