Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mamba

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mamba

  1. I have a strange one, I have a lot of referral traffic coming from romantic-presents.com but when i look at the site there is no content on it. Any ideas?
  2. thanks for getting back to me, thought as much, spoken to the client earlier about getting info from the bank.
  3. Hi, dose anyone know the process of creating an online direct debit mandate so users can fill in their details. Cheers David
  4. Hi all, I have a client that wants to create an online direct debit form. Has anyone done this and whats the best way to do this thanks for you help in advance. David.
  5. What about if the site punches out to PayPal. Is there any legal requirments to having SSL if you have customer information such as Address Details? Cheers Mamba
  6. Cheers guys just interesting to see what other though about this,
  7. Hi I was just looking through a site I liked and saw that they are what I would call hiding text, is this SEO cheating? HTML <div class="displaynone"> <h2>‘Lodges for Sale’</h2> </div> CSS .displaynone { display: none; }
  8. Hi, If your moving the server and it's not the request of the client. I would not charge them that comes in the cost of hosting as it's down to your request and that would be covered in hosting charges. Say your server went down and you had to move it would you charge the customer? Mamba.
  9. My advice is to explain all the extra work you have done and stick by your guns. You need to ask him what part of your work he is not happy with and the defend it. what an chump!!!!!.
  10. After reading the forum for just under two years, I have made the plunge and today is my first day going freelance. WDF keep up the good work. Cheers all, David. (I would plug my site but i'm still working on it)
  11. You could look at putting the site in a simple CMS if your doing the hosting yourself. There is a little bit of a learning curve at the begining but once you are away it's very simple to update the content and add pages. Mamba
  12. Has anyone heard of galaxy bird.co. uk they have been sending us emails saying they can do a better job on google, we have a meeting with them next week.
  13. Hi all, I'm working on a site that has a few apartments that they would like to rent out. Dose anyone know of an easy to use booking software that can book buy date. I have found a few but i'm keeping my options open. Cheers Mamba
  14. Did you find one? Do you have an example of the site?
  15. SSI

    Mamba posted a topic in Server Side
    Anyone use SSI? is it secure?
  16. How to price up a website is always a tough one. I also use a spread sheet but I split it down into type of work. i.e. Template design, Template Code, additional pages, flash, Forms, SEO, Google Analytics. etc. This way I can break the site down into chunks and see where I make my money and were I loose money and I can re-adjust the formula. End of the day we all work for the bank manager, mortgage company, so I have not real intrest in charging stupid low prices unless, I want the job for my porfolio. Mamba,
  17. Hi Sam, Is this a website for your own company or are you doing this as your first website? It would be good to have a little bit about your background to help you out. Regards, Mamba
  18. As long as it's not pixel for pixel, you use your own images, tweek the navigation content area and footer, different colours, then crack on with. Yo can always give you client what he want without being a copy cat. BTW what is the site your client likes, we might be able to give some input on what you could change. There are only so many ways to skin a cat. Mamba.
  19. see if someone will trade it for cash, PC world & Comet (same company group) are very expensive, I only use them when I need something in a hurry. IMHO I would get the best machine money could buy.
  20. I have the same problem!!! The Ans to my issue is that my wife is now expecting our first, so we now going to be loosing a shed load of money as she will be on maternity leave. Or you could got to B&Q buy a hammer, every time you go to facebook etc during working hours then smash you little finger. Should take one or two hits to get the idea. I have to say with WDF it's taken me a little longer. Rdg, Mamba
  21. £25 per hr, is that the going rate I thought it was more like £50?
  22. Looks good, but if they did an off-line version then I might be interested. I don't like the idea of someone know who my clients are and how much I charge them. I think it's give a little too much information over. Regards, Mamba.
  23. Looks good, you could look at changing the order buttons to a contrasting colour so they stand out. But looks good. Mamba

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.