Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

pixelcoder

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pixelcoder

  1. My audience isn't anything less than 1024... With the exception of this competition.
  2. More of a time / design constraint than anything.
  3. For future reference, I hope this helps. http://www.pixelcoder.co.uk/contracting-and-change-request-stipulations/
  4. I don't spend much time designing graphics any more and felt it was important to leave that element out @cherrydesigns.
  5. Totally agree, i'm sorry for such a ridiculous post.
  6. Next time, I'll point out that I've yet to find time to incorporate a mobile solution.
  7. I usually come out with a redesign quite often, although I've got a lot ahead of me with returning to education. That said, this should be the last major change to my site for a while and looking for some critique before signing it off and start to build on top of this current design. You can find it at http://www.pixelcoder.co.uk/ Thank you for taking the time to view.
  8. Congrats MMMedia, very consistently good work.
  9. I really like this design, it's super unique and certainly one of a kind. It's nice to see something different to the current trends and I feel you really have got something good going here. I didn't look at all the pages, nor read all the content. I was more enthusiastic at the subtle wow factor upon opening the site. It took way to long to load this page... http://www.urbanedge-promotions.com/teambuildingactivitiesandworkshops.html Only to get a link to another web site. That hurt my experience.
  10. There's been a lot of interest in this, maybe we could set up a group call on Skype sometime for all interested parties. My Skype name is a.g.r.c Add me if you want to help arrange something.
  11. I was thinking of changing the design some, and have played around with a modified version of the current home page. I'm wondering if this is better than the current version available at http://pixelcoder.co.uk
  12. Not sure if you have seen these guys around but they seem pretty rock solid. Not exactly sure about what updates they keep control of if any, but I would assume they keep their WordPress installs to the latest and greatest... Which doesn't answer any plugin questions. http://getflywheel.com/ Updates is a cost that's transferable to the client under maintenance etc, and considering WordPress has one click updates for most plugin scenarios it doesn't seem to be time intensive (until your theme gets broken). This really isn't something I've given much thought to, most of my clients were small businesses and not too interested in managing their website routinely, so their site was locked down as best as possible and left to bit rot unfortunately. Good to see you've got the need to keep things up to date though, progress.
  13. I'm not a big fan of CSS libraries, I recently made my site http://www.pixelcoder.co.uk/ responsive (my first responsive site) and looked into CSS libraries like bootstrap before doing so. I found the quickest way of doing it was to use media queries and edit accordingly. It didn't take too long to make a mobile version and seems to work okie.
  14. I've implemented some changes to the site now, mainly a points area has been introduced which is making the site feel a bit more busy. I'd appreciate some feedback on the system if anyone would be willing to signup and test the process out? You can read a little about the system here - http://www.pixelcoder.co.uk/points/register/ and register here - http://www.pixelcoder.co.uk/points/register/ Thanks to all who help me through this. @ryan deegan - Yeah i'm over that neck of the woods sometimes. @cherry design - Working on that at the minute, not sure quite how to make it pop. @dap - Haven't spend too long on the copy yet, you're right though and the icons would look good in svg. It's a bit wordy at times, but I'm working on that, and thanks for the congratulations.
  15. Thanks iems, good to hear it resonated with you on some levels and thanks a bunch for the cool insight. I'll get onto the rollover effects in the footer soon also. @Ryan Deegan... Yeah, I grew up in Greenock but moved away aged 17. Now I live in Fife but still have family over on the West.
  16. Thanks for all the feedback here people, I'm going to sit down and read through them all to implement some changes. It feels like the site has been relatively well received and a lot of good points raised here. Many thanks, and I'll post some updates asap.
  17. Thanks for the heads up, there's also this... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-font-previewer-for/engndlnldodigdjamndkplafgmkkencc?hl=en
  18. Interesting take and thanks for coming back to me. The font is PT Sans... known for its readability I suppose, so I'm guessing it didn't invoke the peaks and troughs of creativity. I've seen it on the internet and thought that's a really neat and tight looking font which is still readable when only at 12 or 13px. I'll have a think about that, and consider any possible changes. Truth is, I didn't give it too much thought... The font that is.
  19. I recently spent a decent amount of time re-thinking my portfolio. It's been down for atleast a year, but having spent the past few months planning and building a new site. It's been published online. I'd love some feedback. It does need some work, I feel the message isn't very clear and don't really know why people would buy a service from me yet. That all said, I do feel this brand is a good canvas to go forward from. Filling up the portfolio and refining the text on the pages. I'd also like to add a members area, but haven't given that much thought yet. The site is responsive for mobile portrait also. Anyway, yeah... Feedback would be awesome. Thanks! http://pixelcoder.co.uk
  20. Maybe you can help us help you by telling us what you are looking to find out? I've been off the boards for some time, but hopefully can get the discussion going and hopefully you got a good rest.
  21. <nav> <ul> <li><a href="#">Home</a></li> <li><a href="#">Company</a> <ul> <li><a href="#">Services</a> <ul> <li><a href="#">Design</a></li> <li><a href="#">Development</a></li> <li><a href="#">Consulting</a></li> <li><a href="#">Pricing</a></li> </ul> </li> <li><a href="#">About</a></li> <li><a href="#">Mission</a></li> <li><a href="#">Resource</a></li> </ul> </li> <li><a href="#">Portfolio</a></li> <li><a href="#">Contact</a></li> </ul> </nav> The basis of a good menu is solid markup. Maybe someone will style the above code to help you understand how it works. No need for multiple classes or IDs.
  22. I've sent you an email... I'm big on WordPress... but happy to work together.
  23. Thanks for the feedback, I'm going through a transitional phase of life right now and looking to shift away from web design entirely. Hence the current changes on the domain. Thanks again for the feedback.
  24. I keep getting emails from webdesignerforum.co.uk saying the following. I'd like to know why this is happening and if it can be stopped? Thanks Web Design Forum, A new invoice has been generated for you. Invoice #746 - Freelance Contract Template Pack by FreelanceGuru Item Description Unit Price Qty Total Price Freelance Contract Template Pack by FreelanceGuru £3.99 1 £3.99 Total £3.99 Please login to the client area to submit payment. Note that if payment is not received for an item before the expiry date, the item and associated services will expire on that date.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.