Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

taklamakan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by taklamakan

  1. Yes, keywords should be put in sentences that can be read by humans. If they are not, Google will punish you for keyword stuffing, etc
  2. hmmm, is buying Twitter follower really worth it?? I mean, think of those followers, are they going to generate you more business or even comment your posts?? Moreover, Twitter can possible block your account for this.
  3. That looks cool now! But another thing is... fancy CVs do not always attract employers. CV is a official document and thus the design aspect of it should be kept to a minimum. Having it different than the standard version of CV is a wrong thing to do I think. Anyway, all will depend on the interview. Good luck
  4. Interesting portfolio you have. Well, designer sounds simpler/easier than developer however because of many people think that there is a lot of competition in the industry though. I also do a little bit of website development and find PHP, CMS quite interesting. Being a designer is another thing a do. I wish you the best in your career.
  5. You have used a nice symbol which is related to the name, nice combination. As others said 5th is the best. Have you tried to come up with more ideas? I mean these are good ideas but I am just curious if you have.
  6. They still need to learn a lot, they are still students. Show them your compassion 8 years as a web developer sound like a lot experience. What do you do for living? Are you a permanent designer?
  7. I agree with that. Most of the time, if you want to be hired on such websites you must remember there are also tonnes of people from around the world (inc. poor coutries) that can do the same job as you for much less. Also, wasting time on such websites is pointless and you won't achieve anything there. Is it about getting quality and well paid projects or just signing the jobs off with no creativity involved and not much progress in your career? I also think that online advertising isn't enough as there are millions of similar websites out there offering same services. Going out and meeting people is a good idea, but you need to have a good approach and action plan to be perform the best you can. Being positive to people is another thing you can do to get some more business.
  8. Basically don't use bright colours eg blue and orange on your website and use white instead.
  9. The font you used is not 100% black, it's greyish and for me it's hard to read. Sorry but I like the 1st one more
  10. It's all right. Looks like you follow all the latest trends and technology changes in web development industry. Your website matches all the modern web design criteria: it's simple, flat and easy to navigate. I think commenting on this thread inspired me to update my own website's design as it's a little bit outdated, cheers!
  11. Yes I completely understand you @Web God. It's all about business which I mentioned a couple of times in my other posts here and there. But the thing is that whatever effort you put to get rid of that kind of customers you cannot prevent from such situations when it comes to dealing with fresh customer as you simply don't know yet who you are dealing with. I know it's a pain for us to chase people for money and from time to time you get these clients who don't want to pay, etc. I hope such situations do not happen to people often and that most of our customers pay on time as per verbal/written contract without wasting time on reminding them. Being formal and having a business like attitude is a good method of completing our projects quickly and efficiently, I agree. TC
  12. Good for "old school" designers I tried that method few times, unfortunately it didn't work, and as soon as I started drawing I couldn't wait to see how this would actualy look on screen and was forgetting that I have the pen and paper still on my desk...
  13. Much better than your initial designs Glad you positioned the contents in a way that looks atractive. like the responsiveness. Don't fortget your social media buttons
  14. No problemo, that's why we are here on this forum... to help each other.
  15. I am not sure if this will reduce the size of the image file which is stored on your server. Isn't the image holder tag just an instruction for the browser just to display your image in certain dimensions?
  16. Hmmm, doing that with adobe premier would be pretty tedious, I think...
  17. Have you performed any marketing/advertising actions recently? What do you do to advertise your business? Do u just sit at home and wait for clients to come?
  18. Yes, increasing the page rank does not mean anything... its up to Google what PR to give and the max you can do for a normal type of website is 3-4. Ok, you will have 4 and then what?
  19. Yeah, being icy cold to your customer is the worst thing to do. The customer may never pay if you treat him like object. As I said try to come to some sort of agreement and don't assume the customer must listen to your options. The customer may quit and never come back, and then what would you do?
  20. Isn't that obvious after typing "how to increase page rank" in Google. Come on. This guy seems like he doesn't know how to search in Google.
  21. Why don't you focus on better things than guest posting. Hiring an experienced sales person would generate you far more money...
  22. I hate working in a complete silence. I don't understand why employers do not let employees listening to music/radio while working at the office. I actually prefer Drum & Bass while working
  23. It really depends how big the project is. If it's something really complicated to do than I would leave it. Always try to come to some sort of agreement with the client in this kind of situations. At the end, money is always money. Give yourself and your client a few days and speak again.
  24. Generally, social media helps to build traffic, but it's not that much helpful for small size companies. You have followers, ok, but you need business.
  25. If you only know WordPress than it's absolutely fine for you to build a well looking and responsive website. When I started my website I only knew Joomla. I started with pretty simple and tacky website which I had to revamp a few times in order to get what I always wanted to have. However, as you progress you will be forced to know more and more about HTML, JAVA and CSS, so your proper web development knowledge will come one day, trust me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.