Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My portfolio - Web layout review

Featured Replies

Hello could you all please let me know on your thoughts for this layout. I havent made a responsive design of this yet but I will be coding one. plus text is not fully decided yet currently it is aller.... yuk.post-36712-0-08329400-1382700501_thumb.png

 

Cheers

Generally, the colours are nice. The font looks modern and fresh. I don't like the idea of placing your picture in the centre of the page. Try to place in the bottom right corner with your contact details next to it. Your site needs to look professional. Also, the social media icons are far too big. Make them smaller and with a contrast to the rest of the page. Good luck!

Looking good, its just a little off in places, try using a grid and checking your positioning, the bottom right skype logo for example is not in the right place within the hexagon and although I love the hexagon idea the ones in the middle look a little bland at the moment, maybe after you put whatever belongs in there it will look better. Lastly I am not sure your fonts are ok, do some research on different styles.

I highly recommend making everything smaller. The font size in your menu, buttons, the images at your work section.

 

This blog post probably will really help you: http://deesignre.com/use-whitespace/

You might prefer feedback directly here but sometimes it's a little too much to write all the feedback in a comment :)

But the blog post will teach you to use more white space. If we take the dark blue section for example. Your circle shaped image almost hits the top. Create some more white space there and the result will increase. Using the same ammount of white space on the bottom of that section is a requirement then.

The same goes for the other sections, use more white space.

 

Let me know if this feedback was any usefull, and the blog post I wrote a while back.

 

Good luck.

Really nice design, but why don't you just put footer to blue? the same as other part, which I think it will be better.

Hello again,

 

Fianlly done the design in code now, nothing is functional yet but the design layout is there, plus i did a few changes.

what do you think?

http://matthewclaffey.com/updatesite/index.html

 

Much better than your initial designs :) Glad you positioned the contents in a way that looks atractive. like the responsiveness. Don't fortget your social media buttons ;)

  • Author

thanks a lot guys I gain a lot of inspiration off that awwwards website. It is very good site if you haven't heard from it before pretty god dam awesome stuff are put on that site. Makes me jealous!!! haha.

 

on my version 2 site which hasnt been uploaded yet I have done the blue footer as the ilovedesignweb requested and it is very good cheers. Ive been working on my typography recently I think that why it looks more attractive and interesting.

 

Next steps are now to do the content, functionality and then make it responsive. ^_^

  • Author

Hello, I have created the content for my site now could you give me full critism on it please I know I am a bad writer so the feedback would be great thankyou.

 

www.matthewclaffey.com/updatesite/index.html

It's all right. Looks like you follow all the latest trends and technology changes in web development industry. Your website matches all the modern web design criteria: it's simple, flat and easy to navigate.

 

I think commenting on this thread inspired me to update my own website's design as it's a little bit outdated, cheers!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.