Everything posted by Aaron
-
IE is losing ground! It should it's crap
I'm becoming a growing fan of Google Chrome, which looks nice, modern and simple. job done, Chrome is what a browser should be
-
Requirements for going freelance?
Hi Guys, This advice is fantastic and im grateful to all who put the time in to offer it to me With regards to my own experience in web design, i am not experienced in hardly any php scripting and i should get into it as soon as possible! Again thank you ever so much, i can thank you enough Regards Aaron
-
Show me your best nav bars!
So guys, if your anything like me you really like it when you come up with something that looks awesome. Ive made a couple of nice navbars in the past but i have to say im chuffed to bits with the latest one ive made. I guess we could discuss how to get the best navs and some nice sites to use as inspiration. So share and share alike Tell me your thoughts, share your nav!
-
Count to 1 million
967 This is going to take aa while...
-
Johns Website Design
I wonder how old he is.
-
Requirements for going freelance?
So a second job would be useful if needed. How steeply does business fluctuate? Or generally do you get enough business all year round. My worry would be that business would either be far to much for me to handle or so very little that i would struggle lol. is it hard setting up your own web design business? thanks for this info, its nice to get to know how freelancing works Regards
-
Requirements for going freelance?
7-8?! i think i could barely manage 4 lol. Im getting quicker as time goes on, and a colleague of mine also has the same dream of going freelance. Hes hot on the coding but not to hot on design work. Dont get me wrong i do enjoy CSS and html coding etc im just not quick at it. 10pm sounds like a late time to cut off but i guess the more hours you put in, the mores sites you can get done and paid for. regards
-
getting an interview with my current situation
is it still our of place? i thought i'd sorted that one out! thanks for pointing that out reaper
-
Requirements for going freelance?
Thanks for your advice reaper With regards to time management do you go late into the night? Generally how many jobs do you handle at any one time and if you have too many jobs on, what do you say to a potential client? I could see that happening to me, because although after a year i would still only be a beginner and not as quick at making sites, i would like to be faster. Regards
-
Requirements for going freelance?
Hi guys, When going freelance or self employed and working from home what sort of equipment do you usually invest in. Do you need servers for hosting still or is there generally a different way to go about things? seperate phone lines, meeting clients for discussion on products etc etc Thanks for your help. Kind regards Aaron
-
Trouble sleeping
I find it harder to get up in the mornings, i used to be an early bird but since getting into the web design industry i have to say im very hard pushed to get up in the mornings. I get up at 6am get to work for 8:30 work till 5 then have my hours drive home again. After that all i want to do is see my girl friend, then sleep lol.
-
"I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea"
Thats how advertising works, good or bad, you escape its clutches!
-
getting an interview with my current situation
thanks for your help on this.
-
getting an interview with my current situation
I dont really have a portfolio, but i guess the idea of this apprenticeship is to build a reputable collection of works for a portfolio. I just know that i know enough to earn more than triple what im getting right now, and get treat with more respect lol click here to see a site i have recently finished theres a couple of little niggles that need sorting but apart from that, my coding is sound. Im just not as quick as i could be lol. This took the best part of 2 weeks but im new to it so i guess thats ok!
-
getting an interview with my current situation
Do you guys think that i could get into web design interviews with this sort of background. Im currently doing a web design apprenticeship. im now fluent with xhtml, CSS and javascript incorporation. i always make my website bespoke and never from a template. My big brownie points would come from my photoshop/photography skills which in the past actually got into liverpool tate gallery during 6th form. When in sixth form i studied media production (A2), film studies (A2), theatre studies (A2), photography (AS) and English (AS). All of the following i got high grades in. I would not like to enclose my reasons for having second thoughts on my apprenticeship, contact me directly if you wish to know. Kind regards Aaron
-
Web Designer Salary?
Woops lol i meant a month :S sorry about that mate lol. better edit that
-
Popular Fonts for Print?
"Boris black bloxx" looks gorgeous i used that for chunky vectors
-
Windows 7
Hiya, I upgraded from vista 32 home premium to W7 64bit pro which is absolutely breathtaking. I mean its not full of rubbish, its clean simple and ram friendly. I think that by far W7 is probably the best OS to come out of microsoft.
-
Web Designer Salary?
After i believe, thats what goes into my bank every month so im guessing it will be post deduction. Its not great really lol
-
How do you finish the jobs you hate?
I have noticed since i started my apprenticeship that with most sites i make, i hit a dead point. It could be the best website in the world for me to make but at the end of the day, it does get annoying lol
-
Junior web designer I got the job !
I got an apprenticeship a few months back, but im learning so much! I hope to be freelance oneday. Well done
-
"I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea"
What strikes me as odd, is that microsoft are absolutely huge and have made (for once) a decent OS, but for some reason they give us these completely souless and seemingly cobbled together adverts that for me just dont cut it. I know they are simplistic in a sense, but they are absolute crud in my eyes. It didnt stop me buying W7 though
-
COD: Modern Warfare 2
I downloaded it off of steam after a good 2 hours of driving from shop to shop. wish i had never bothered because it took just under 4 days to finally get it onto my pc. Plus steam is worse than i remember from my computer gamer geek days lol.
-
Web Designer Salary?
I'm an apprentice ans at the moment i earn 420 pound a month, and i drive from leeds to wakefield every morning. it kills me to wake up and know im getting buttons, but the experience and skill building is the only thing that keeps me going lol.
-
self employed web designers
Hi guys, i am currently an apprentice, but after a couple more years i want to possible work for myself from home. i know the challenges involved, just not quite sure what to expect average earnings wise. If anybody is a self employed web designer then please share some of your knowledge with me! Thanks Aaron