December 1, 200916 yr Do you guys think that i could get into web design interviews with this sort of background. Im currently doing a web design apprenticeship. im now fluent with xhtml, CSS and javascript incorporation. i always make my website bespoke and never from a template. My big brownie points would come from my photoshop/photography skills which in the past actually got into liverpool tate gallery during 6th form. When in sixth form i studied media production (A2), film studies (A2), theatre studies (A2), photography (AS) and English (AS). All of the following i got high grades in. I would not like to enclose my reasons for having second thoughts on my apprenticeship, contact me directly if you wish to know. Kind regards Aaron
December 1, 200916 yr Author I dont really have a portfolio, but i guess the idea of this apprenticeship is to build a reputable collection of works for a portfolio. I just know that i know enough to earn more than triple what im getting right now, and get treat with more respect lol click here to see a site i have recently finished theres a couple of little niggles that need sorting but apart from that, my coding is sound. Im just not as quick as i could be lol. This took the best part of 2 weeks but im new to it so i guess thats ok!
December 1, 200916 yr I would suggest creating a little portfolio (even if you just design some websites for made up companies) I would think this is quite crucial to get an interview. Chris
December 1, 200916 yr Aaron dude, i think we should both give it a go and the hell outta this company!
December 1, 200916 yr Author I would suggest creating a little portfolio (even if you just design some websites for made up companies) I would think this is quite crucial to get an interview. Chris thanks for your help on this.
December 2, 200916 yr Personally, if i was recruiting on a salaried role, i would want to see a solid portfolio. Have you considered the option of joining a startup company/team for the experience (and they will obviously pay for the time you put in - although you may have to do a test site) I would also recommend you take a look at the Rawdon Lights site, as in IE7 the footer is out of place. Reaper
December 3, 200916 yr Author is it still our of place? i thought i'd sorted that one out! thanks for pointing that out reaper
Create an account or sign in to comment