Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do I delete my Web Designer Forum Account?

Featured Replies

Yeah man. You have to find a cracked mirror, a three-legged toad, a cup of blige water and a thimble made of glass.

 

Float the thimble in the bilge water and put the toad on the mirror. Phone directory enquiries and ask for Mozart. Don't hang up till you hear the thunderclap. Then refresh the page.

 

You're welcome.

Like AndyL asked though why would you want to delete your account? Its not like you get any emails from WDF is it?

 

I hear Ben might not actually exist :/

Yup PM Ben.

Any reason you want to delete your account? Especially as you're asking questions at the same time >> http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/63319-alternative-to-google-custom-search/ Seems a bit counter-intuitive.

 

If you don't want to tell me here, feel free to PM me as it could help the forum in the future.

 

Cheers.

No problem. May take a while though as he's very rarely here.

 

He came back just to prove you wrong.

  • Author

I've decided to keep this account as I have a few handy posts. The reason I wanted to delete my account is because since this reputation came in, slowly but surely, I was getting less and less response to posts - it didn't take long before I realised that I have asked way more questions than the help I've given out. So, people see this and didn't bother replying to me any more, where I used to get loads of help with stuff on here. It's definitely made me think about how I use the site. What I'm going to do is keep this account open but start up another account so I can start afresh, and will aim to reply to other peoples posts every time I get some help, to keep the balance. As it is now, there is no point in me posting on here any more with my current account - I've been exposed!

 

...I basically need to stop being so selfish, and start giving back all the help I've been given over the years.

I would never have seen it like that. I help whenever I can, regardless of who you are.

 

Hell I'd even help brightonmike if I could ;)

I've decided to keep this account as I have a few handy posts. The reason I wanted to delete my account is because since this reputation came in, slowly but surely, I was getting less and less response to posts - it didn't take long before I realised that I have asked way more questions than the help I've given out. So, people see this and didn't bother replying to me any more, where I used to get loads of help with stuff on here. It's definitely made me think about how I use the site. What I'm going to do is keep this account open but start up another account so I can start afresh, and will aim to reply to other peoples posts every time I get some help, to keep the balance. As it is now, there is no point in me posting on here any more with my current account - I've been exposed!

 

...I basically need to stop being so selfish, and start giving back all the help I've been given over the years.

By the look of it, with the new site design, +1 points are no longer shown anyway. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure people here don't see it the way you think.

  • Author

Well, things have certainly changed, and this is the only cause, I don't think my questions are much harder...

As mentioned above, the rep points seem to have vanished from over there <<<<<< and if any one is first visiting your profile just to check your rep points before they reply they need to get out more

 

Despite your feelings, I don't really feel the way you do and don't see a direct correlation between rep points and questions answered.

  • Author

There is no evidence, but It's the only possible reason I can think of why I don't get the responses I used to. But yeah oddly it seems your rep have been taken off the posts.

The UK Data Protection Act covers it - a forum doesn't necessarily have to delete your content, that depends on the T&C you agreed to when you signed up, such as who owns the posts, but fora do have to delete or anonymise any personally identifying data at your request.

  • Guest locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.