Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

25 Post Limit Removed

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

There's been a large request to remove the "25 Posts required to post links" setting, as genuine members were getting frustrated not being able to post links. - So as a result this setting has now been removed and there is no need for any posts to create links.

 

As a result....We appreciate all the reports of spam we get which enables us to remove it quickly as possible, so please feel free to report any spam whenever you see it, hopefully removing the post limit won't cause too much more spam, but please report any where possible!

 

Many thanks.

sounds like there will be even more spam now!

 

I reckon there will be less crap on here.

Think about it, for every spammy link the spammers where having to post 25 dubious posts first. Posts that weren't quite against the rules so not really deletable but still filled the forum with crap and then at the end of it the mods still had to delete the one spam post and then locate and clear up all the others.

 

I honestly believe this will cut down on the crap in the forums and make it easier to locate and eradicate the spammers before they make an impact.

 

Of course... i might be wrong ;)

Yeah...good move! It does my head in when you see a load of new threads and then you start reading through them only to find that some SEO spam nut has dredged up 25 three year old threads just to say "I love it. It is in my bookmarks forever!"

 

At least now they can post their link in one fell swoop and be banned within the hour!!! :)

I approve of this move :D i'll be sure to report any spam I see so hopefully we can all work together and keep the forum clean :)

I hope we get a cookie for every spam post we report. Can't wait to get started.

I hope we get a cookie for every spam post we report. Can't wait to get started.

 

You might. Over here in the UK cookies are going opt-in.</badwebjoke>

Please post your welcome in the Welcome forum before you are able to post in other forums:)

Yea it was a little frustrating not being able to post links when I first got here. No biggie though. Just make sure you are dedicated and you'll have 25 in no time. :) Either way, good call.

Thanks Ben!

 

Excellent decision, the concept was admirable to avoid spam but I just ended up posting my URL with spaces instead of dots. I'll be nice to post full links on here :D

 

I'll be sure to flag any dirty spammers I spot :help:

  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

 

Nice to hear that the 25 post restriction has been removed. We all will inspect and report accordingly if we find spam

Is this 25 post limit different from the message I'm getting everytime I make a post?

 

You can make 2 more posts until 26 July 2011 - 11:11 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 3 more approved posts

 

oops make that 1 more post.

Is this 25 post limit different from the message I'm getting everytime I make a post?

 

 

 

oops make that 1 more post.

 

 

It goes when you get 25. I think its so you dont join up and spam.

It goes when you get 25. I think its so you dont join up and spam.

 

Oh right cool, makes sense I guess.

Awesome call! It is now much easier to spot a garbage. But then again they will still try to throw even just a little litter to challenge the Admins and Mods. Overall vigilance is still a vital call for everyone. Tons of thanks for this move though :)

Awesome call! It is now much easier to spot a garbage. But then again they will still try to throw even just a little litter to challenge the Admins and Mods. Overall vigilance is still a vital call for everyone. Tons of thanks for this move though :)

 

QFTW! And extra points for username.

This is a nice move, Ben. Now although there would be spammers but there's also genuine members who will be able to post good links. There's always two sides of a coin. :clapping:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.