Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New design

Featured Replies

I like it, cool use of colours, a big fan of the simplicity also :)

Good job.

 

A couple of small remarks:

kmedia.png

 

Hope that hepls.

  • Author

Thanks guys,

 

And Lev thank you too I'll sort these out :)

Probably one of the best sites I have seen on here. Nice One!

 

I will have to look into SilverStripe, pretty clean code for a CMS!

I agree with all of the above. Overall a good colorful, modern design.

 

The images in the slider are pretty chunky in terms of file size. You might want to optimize them for web a bit better, bring the file sizes down.

Looks really nice mate, I like it.

 

I'd be tempted to say that the font size is a bit small though, I can read it, but I know people who would struggle with it.

 

 

Kyle

  • Author

Thanks a lot guys, I'll take all this into consideration while making alterations :)

First thing I noticed as a bit jarring was the ribbon on the slider, looks very flat when light colours pass under it. Quick 5-second rough:

post-21712-0-89960600-1297781465_thumb.jpg

  • Author

First thing I noticed as a bit jarring was the ribbon on the slider, looks very flat when light colours pass under it. Quick 5-second rough:

 

Thanks mate, I've added a little shadow for realism.

The navigation buttons are kinda small but readable. I like the blue background! It's very pretty :)

Damn you for using Quadranta font :) I was considering it for the new logotype :)

  • Author

Thanks alot :) it got rejected from divine css today though ..

 

Oh rob, the font used for my logo is actually sf new republic

A couple of things I noticed:

 

TYPOGRAPHY and links

 

1. h2 size could be larger with a very slight letter spacing

2. line height is defined as 1.5. I guess you wanted to put "em" there

3. header text could use a h1 or a heading of some kind for SEO aand visuals

4. On the about page you could use another heading (maybe h5 h6) for subheadings for SEO purposes

5. Footer doesn't have distinguishable links, not even hover effects

6. Tag cloud has readability issues

7. There's only 1 font used for everything. Try to use a different one for headings or different areas that you want to emphasise (key word is consistency)

8. home button is not working from sub pages.

9. No difference between normal h2 and a link h2

 

I wasn't looking at the copy but i found a spelling mistake on the about page: names>name's

 

Overall nice work, just needs some tweaking and finishing touches

2. line height is defined as 1.5. I guess you wanted to put "em" there

 

Line-height accepts unitless values. If you don't specify a unit, a descendant element's line-height is calculated relative to its own font-size rather than the ancestor's.

Edited by Renaissance-Design

I'd turn that home button into a sprite. Also, the main navigation would look much tighter if it was vertically aligned, instead of closer to the bottom like this.

 

Feels templaty, but I guess that can also be a good thing!

 

I really like the subpage design, but the home page feels a little off. It might be that the slider doesn't span the width of the content (ie, the width of the 3 text columns underneath).

It's very cool and clean man.

One thing though, the img background on #feature took longer to load than anything else, and #feature doesnt have a background-color, just that blue image, therefor the background went from grey to blue which was a big change of colours.

I think it would be nice if you also added a background-color to that div man, just a simple tip, but hope it helps.

 

I used colour picker to find a tone of blue #43A1CC but of course thats up to you.

 

Cheers

Yeah nice job, I think the 'Featured' label could benefit from being 1px ish higher and wider on the edge so you can see the fold a lot clearer.

 

There seems to be a couple of images (mainly under the slider) that don't match the background its against could maybe fix that easily though!

 

Apart from that I love the simplicity and the logo! very simple yet very clever.

 

Woz

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.