Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stepping down

Featured Replies

Just to let you all know I have asked to be removed as a mod of this forum. I have been thinking about it for a few months now (since November) but I thought that maybe my feelings for this place and what has been going on around here for a while might pass, but it hasn't, it has got to the stage where checking all threads and reading all posts has became a chore rather than an enjoyment. My decision is months in the making and has nothing to do with anyone on this forum, so I hope no one will think that it is (and if you do please deflate your ego now and get over yourselves :pp ). I just simply don't want to start hating this place and feel that I will if I continue feeling as if I am supposed to come here rather than wanting to be here.

 

 

If my attitude for this forum has leaked into my moding decisions then I am sorry for that as well, I have always said that I am a member of here first and a mod second, so even though I have stated my opinions I have tried to not let my personal opinions of people influence what needed to be done to keep the forum ticking over.

 

 

Also this thread wasn't created as an attention thing...as I think some people may think that it is. It is simply an announcement so that everyone knows to contact either Eris or Ben if you have a problem on here...as I do get a lot of PMs from people who want help from a mod, and I am no longer going to deal with these.

 

 

 

Plus if you want to be a mod on this forum please don't ask, you will be asked if you are right for the job...asking to be a mod normally means that if you were on a list of possible you will be removed...so you could shoot yourself in the foot if it really means that much to you. Plus as you know Ben is a very busy person as is Eris, so don't bombard them with request :)

 

 

 

Anyway it was fun for the most part, so see you around the forum :pp

So....are you leaving or just stepping down? I don't want you to leave.

  • Author
I don't want you to leave.

:wub:

 

No I'm not leaving the forum, I'll still be around :D

Your decision to step down is understandable, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your efforts in keeping this forum a (relatively) spam free, happy place :)

 

You've done a marvellous job!

 

See you on the boards EX-Madam Mod :)

Helen, I completely understand your decision I understand that it must be a lot of work keeping this place going, and I just wanted to let you know you did a great job at it. I look forward to being able to see you as a member now :).

I am sad about your decision but understand it. I am glad you are not leaving the forum - in my very humble opinion you have done a great job grounding some stroppy individuals and huge egos that bounce around here (me included!).

 

So thanks and NOT goodbye :wub:

Completely understandable, even though it's a shame. I had to do the same at the OpenHosting forums about 4 years ago, after modding there for about 18 months.

NO! we won't let you!!! We will tie you to your chair and ensure you mod for ever!

 

Seriously though, it's such a shame..... I like your modding (it's comforting that the place isn't being run by egotistical maniacs)

 

I'm just glad you're not leaving us totally. x

Hi Dizi

 

I hope you will still be hanging around a fair bit - you've been a great help to a lot of people. If something becomes a chore - its time to stop doing it. Thank you for helping to make the forum a nice ( + spam free) place to be :D

 

Rob

Hey Dizi - the mod squad will be surely deflated without your talents. I think you were a great mod, but just glad you're not saying goodbye. Over to the bar for a few commiseratory drinks? We'll help you shake out the tensions all that hard modding has built up inside you :pp

I'd like to echo all of the above sentiments. You've been great as a mod Dizi :good:

I was going to say bye but your not going. I guess this is like those city guys who take a lower paid job to increase the quality of life and rear pigs.

I was going to say bye but your not going. I guess this is like those city guys who take a lower paid job to increase the quality of life and rear pigs.

 

A.K.A the good life?

 

Quality of life is way more important than anything.

Hi Dizi....

 

I can understand where you come from,,, i was once a officer for something, i stopped enjoying it as i was for ever trying to keep peace.

 

Stopped enjoying it at the time, so i stepped down.

 

Glad your still about thou :D

From my experience modding on several forums over the years I can totally empathise with your situation Dizi. What really needs saying is a big thank you for all the effort and time you've spent doing the job :)

 

You've done your bit and now it's time to kick back, relax and be a regular member without a care in the world!

It'll be a shame to see you step down but at least you're not leaving :). Congratulations on a job well done for as long as I can remember being here.

 

*breaks out the gold watch*

Hey Dizi,

 

It is a great shame as you practically hold this place together!

 

However, I totally understand and I too want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all your hard work.

 

Eris

Dizi, you've been a great moderator and kept the people (including me!) in check.

 

Thanks for your hard work, and I hope you don't leave!!!

Dizi,

 

It has been an absolute pleasure having you help moderate here on the forum, you've helped out the community no end! Thank you so very much indeed! :)

 

It is a shame to see you step-down, you have good reasons, as you have pointed out. I know you've gone beyond the call of duty as a moderator to help out other members which has been greatly appreciated. It's this sort of commitment and helpfulness that has made you a fantastic mod here at WDF.

 

Thanks again for everything. :)

 

Glad you will be sticking around :)

 

I've put the feelers out for more Mods here on the forum :)

Dizi,

 

It has been an absolute pleasure having you help moderate here on the forum, you've helped out the community no end! Thank you so very much indeed! :)

 

It is a shame to see you step-down, you have good reasons, as you have pointed out. I know you've gone beyond the call of duty as a moderator to help out other members which has been greatly appreciated. It's this sort of commitment and helpfulness that has made you a fantastic mod here at WDF.

 

Thanks again for everything. :)

 

Glad you will be sticking around :)

 

I've put the feelers out for more Mods here on the forum :)

 

It'll be interesting to see who it is, I have a few ideas but don't want anyone to be able to say I jinxed them :lol: .

Thanks Dizi

 

- that's my big thank you! You were soooo helpful when I was a mere newbie finding my feet on WDF and have always kept the place in good order. I can't say I'm sad you're stepping down - it's your decision and if it's the right one then do it.

It does mean you're no longer sheltered from the Wizely smut-machine so prepare the lawsuits!

 

:D

  • Author
It does mean you're no longer sheltered from the Wizely smut-machine so prepare the lawsuits!

 

 

I had the papers drawn up just before I made the announcement, so I am well prepared :lol:

It takes courage to step down or finish something that feels good in a way, so well done :).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.