Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NiBi18

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NiBi18

  1. Thanks for feedback ;-) By saying front-end code I meant code rather than visual design. Can't do much about ampersands , because when it's encoded the image compressing plugin doesn't work properly , stray tags are coming from wysiwyg however I manage to remove some major markup errors thanks for pointing that out! Thanks everyone for reply , I appreciate it ... will keep in mind when working on next project !
  2. Thanks for the feedback it's appreciated but I more hoped for the code feedback. I will have a look into issues you found. Thanks !
  3. Hello everyone , I'm kind of missing professional feedback in my company so I hope you could help me It's my first bigger project , I only did front end and backend is on umbraco btw. I want to know if I'm not doing any major mistakes in a code what could be better etc... Also we had quite narrow time window so I would like to now how much time you reckon could be spend on front-end. Site is http://levyrestaurants.co.uk Thanks for every answer.
  4. I think of that , but most of the time there's looong time until I get to speak to human. I guess there's no other way around that. Thanks for your time !
  5. Hi everyone , I have 0 experience with this as I'm just starting off. I have a part-time job from which is tax and NIC deducted every week as I'm getting paid. In a year I will make there more than personal allowance. Now I got long term job (for couple of months) from local charity to work on their website but my profit will be less then £1500 . I have no other income as a freelancer. Do I need to register myself as a sole trader for this period ? Thanks for any advice
  6. Use % for your elements and margins that'll make your layout flexible , and read about media-queries to make your layout look good on all screen sizes
  7. Make it visible in HTML code and hide it by JavaScript onload . That will be SEO friendly as google isn't using javascript and remain readable for users with JavaScript turned off.
  8. Yeah I see , need to bit work on that But I'm happy you found it better thanks
  9. Just tell me , am I doing any better ? http://postimg.org/image/lvvy4dmk5/
  10. Thanks for advice , I'll be back with 'hopefuly' better design After suggested reading I think I will do better.
  11. use codecademy , it will help you to improve your english as well
  12. Hello guys , I'm working on a webdesign for community , but I'm lame designer I'm more into programming.... However I did something and would like to hear your critics, opinion or advice anything appreciated. I'm still not totaly happy with the result . Here's the link http://fico.bl.ee/ Thanks for reply.
  13. Hi , I want to serve html tag with class="oldie" only for IE versions older than 9. I'm using this <!DOCTYPE HTML> <!--[if lt IE 9]><html class="oldie"><![endif]--> <!--[if gt IE 8]><!--><html class="" lang="sk"><!--<![endif]--> <head> .... However can't make it work , tested on browsershots and IE11 emulating IE8 . I cannot figure out what's wrong and already browsed plenty of google pages about it. Class should ensure that site is displayed without background image. Anyone can give me advice what am I doing wrong ? Site address is http://www.pizzamako.sk ... Thx! edit: I finally make it work / still dunno how .. but in IE11 simulating older IEs it isn't working and what is weird that some different conditionals are working there.
  14. main element Poorly supported but already in W3C HTML specification ! http://html5doctor.com/the-main-element/
  15. Hi just edit in your main.css : #navfolionew a { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F2F2F0; border: 1px solid #666666; border-radius: 50%; color: #666666; font-weight: normal; opacity: 1; padding: 10px; text-decoration: none; transition: background-color 0.4s; /*only add background-color to transition */ }
  16. Have you tried css reset ? It might by some default padding or margin of the second ul or its descendants ... Or you could try position of second ul to absolute which should not affect other elements . Have a look on this > http://jsbin.com/wuxoyina/1/edit
  17. Hi , it's because all links are navigating you on the main page without reloading the site just scrolling on the index (index.php) to clicked categories. But once you click on a blog post it will open a new page (I'm not sure but I think it's post.php) on your site . After clicking back on other link pointing to index.php#something the browser is trying to find #something-point on your site but it's not fully loaded so #something is not found , that's why it keeps you on top of the page. However I'm using chrome33 and after couple of seconds (until site loads) it will scroll to clicked section. I think it's not working in all browsers like it is in chrome. I hope u can understand me and it helped
  18. NiBi18 replied to neil0wen's topic in Frontend
    Right twimg.com is part of the twitter , but it's small image so don't worry about this it shouldn't increase your loading time a lot I'm not sure but twitter feed is loading itself asynchronously then it's not affecting loading time at all because it's loading after your site is fully loaded (if I'm right)
  19. Hi guys , Anyone can recommend some useful book for advanced front end developers ? I mean some deep HTML,CSS and JavaScript preferable one for HTML/CSS and the other one for JS .... Thanks for that
  20. Hello guys , I have an issue with iPhone and javascript onchange, onblur events ... I made on my website select/option menu which is supposed to run javascript function after choosing an option. So onclick and onfocus events fires too early , onblur onchange doesn't fires. I found out it's issue of iphones using ios 5 and higher. Does anybody have idea how to solve this ? Thanks a lot in advance .
  21. NiBi18 replied to NiBi18's topic in Frontend
    Haha I wish I was developer like he is I'll have a look for this authors , thanks
  22. NiBi18 posted a topic in Frontend
    Hi , anyone knows some 'must read' books or websites how to do responsive design like shown here ? http://designmodo.com/responsive-design-examples/ I mean especially those where decreasing width of your browser menu become simpler /images or description disappears/ ... I think that's bullet-proof responsivity isn't it ? Thanks for advice .
  23. Oh sorry then , I mean managing content by innerHTML or by nodes and child nodes for example ...
  24. Hi , I'm new to Javascript and currently reading about managing content using DOM or innerHTML .... I found that DOM is standard but very complicated to use and on otherside is innerHTML which is very easy to use if I'm right it's working in all browser but it is not standard . My question is what do you prefer to use ? or in what cases are you making difference ... ? Thanks for reply
  25. NiBi18 replied to NiBi18's topic in Frontend
    Thanks both solutions makes sense

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.