Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beno

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Beno

  1. I would forget to recharge them and would grab a normal recharged battery as soon as it went down! I'm a bugger for it!
  2. I can only really agree with the above post! The best way to learn is by having a go! As long as you have some basic knowledge of webhosting systems (eg. setting up a php database and forwarding the domains to the right hosting directory) the rest is very much each easy to learn, wordpress is a very versatile system and well known so plently of guides and help tutorials! Good luck!
  3. Another new poster thats been lurking! just come back to the forum when I spotted this on the bbc website! Its nice to see im not alone in thinking it's a ridiculous move, turning light weight brochure sites into a clunky ssl website is not favourable for me!
  4. Hi All, I am pulling my hair out trying to find a free slider plugin that allows me to add a caption to the image on the slider. Please could someone point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful!
  5. Many thanks for your comments, I will look into them!
  6. Hi Guys, I have finished the development of my new website, please could you provide some feedback on the design and anything that I should change, I would be very grateful! The site is, benwhitedesign.co.uk Many Thanks, Ben
  7. I really like the site however the only problem I see with it is the content doesn't sit nicely on the site if you understand what I mean. The width of your content doesn't match the width of your header ( logo and navbar). I have attached an image, you will see i have put two red lines on either sides on the site, Make sure the content also matches the width of your header. You need to make your previous work image watch the width. If you don't get what I mean let me know and I will explain further
  8. I would suggest opening the image in photoshop and tracing it with the pen tool, probably the easiest thing to trace as it's just straight lines!
  9. Office may be very over priced (in my opinion however the deal that brightonmike is using sounds good!) but at the end of the day I am paying for a premium product that I know how to use. In my experience I have never found a piece of package software that offers all my word processing and emails as well as office does. Office for Mac is far superior to any apple package (keynote ect.)
  10. I don't know how you expect anyone to be able to give you a review of a website design that is the size of a postage stamp, full size we might be able to offer more help!
  11. Thanks I'll have a look into it!
  12. Hi All, I am trying to find a good photo slider plugin for wordpress that has captions. I need my client to be able to update the slider so I can't just embed a J-Query slider. There are thousands of slider plugins out there but I am yet to find one that allows me to have captions. I need the end result to look like this... http://cl.ly/2Z0C2s37353N1l3Q2V2u Any help much appreciated! Cheers, Ben
  13. Hi, I would strongly recommend the plugin theme my login! http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-my-login/ Works like a treat and Is super simple to set up! I use it on my wordpress sites, http://www.astralkarate.co.uk/login/ you will see what its like
  14. Any more reviews?
  15. Hi Guys, Many thanks for your comments, will adjust the text size to fit. Cheers
  16. Hi Guys, Please could you let me know what you think of my design for my portfolio website. http://cl.ly/2n033U2a2d3g3Q3H013g Many Thanks, Ben
  17. Sorry, forgot to upload the logo!
  18. Hi All, I have been provided with a sketch of a logo that I have been asked to turn into a proper logo. I have traced the original but I am really not very happy with the finished product.] Please could I have some suggestions on how I can make this better as I have hit a brick wall. Logos really aren't my strongest area! Any help greatly appreciated! Edit: Forgot to attach the logo, please see the post below.
  19. It sounds like a great tool, If you price it right you will have a very good product. People can't afford to have errors on there websites if for instance its an e-commerce website and they are loosing money!
  20. Hi, I would recommended you look at Pixel Internet there plans are great and the lowest costs just £20. If you got a free domain from GBBO they would have hosting for £20. http://www.pixelinternet.co.uk/
  21. Just because you have xxx number of websites doesn't mean your any good, that is one way It could be interpreted
  22. It works Thanks you guys!
  23. I tried that and it didn't work. I also have an issue with the sidebar not in the same place as before
  24. Hi, Theres lots of plugins for wordpress that would suit your needs. Have you seen this plugin? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/booking/screenshots/
  25. Will the website be run on any CMS such as Wordpress ect?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.