Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beno

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Beno

  1. Thats great thanks Joe. How do I reposition the full view blog page? http://www.astralkarate.co.uk/dev/?p=202 - As you can see the title and content are messed up.
  2. Hi All, I'm having some problems with a theme I'm creating for a wordpress run website. If you go to here.. (http://www.astralkarate.co.uk/dev/?page_id=13) I'm having trouble moving posts into the center of the page. I'm also having another problem with the view blog posts (http://www.astralkarate.co.uk/dev/?p=202) with moving title ect. Any help will be appreciated Thanks, Ben
  3. Hi, I'm doing a project similar to yours. On the homepage I have a slider and then content underneath with the sidebar on the left. What I did is save a copy of the file 'page' and change the name to 'page-home' then I coded the slider and the other various parts until I was happy then I saved different versions with different images eg. 'page-home', 'page-contact' ect. Make sure at the top of each new page file you add... <?php /* Template Name: [Page Name] */ ?> Now when you add a new page just change the template name Hope that helps!
  4. Hi All, I am using Wordpress for a website I'm building and I would like to know if anyone knows of any good plugins for some of the features I need to cater for. Gallery- I need a password protected gallery for members only. It doesn't need any advanced members system as long as I can protect it with a password. The pictures inside the gallery must also be protected. Plugins- I need a plugin that will let me display different sidebar widgets on different pages. If found one that is ok but only worked with the widgets that come with wordpress and not ones I have installed. I would appreciate any help with this, Thanks! Ben
  5. The W3 Schools link is great thanks! Are those the minimum requirements?
  6. Hi Guys, My Dad's work have asked him to find out what are the minimum requirements for the disability act of 2010. He's been try to find out all day with no look so I thought I would try here for some help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Ben
  7. Hi, I really like the design! The only problem In my opinion is that as a potential customer it doesn't really tell me about what you offer why I shouldn't click back and go to another website. If I was looking for a website I wouldn't want to see your latest blog entry about something that you did at the weekend. Just my opinion
  8. Here is the latest version of my design. I have got rid of the Monitor as suggested and replaced it with a normal slider. I have got rid of the boxes at the bottom and replaces it with a services area to show what I can do. Please ignore the content I still need to check the grammer and change parts I quickly put it together to see what It would look like. Thanks
  9. Thanks for the comments, I am working on trying to get rid of the Apple Cinema Display but I can't find anything to replace it. I'm trying a large slider. I will post a example on here when I have done. @slimboyfatz33, Thanks showing me that can I ask what settings you used on the drop showdow?
  10. Thanks for the replies, I have edited a little. It this better? @Warren Jerzyszek, Unfortunately I didn't create my avatar it was from the internet. Wish I could do that Thanks
  11. Hi, I have designed a new portfolio today, can have some comments on the design. What do you think? Thanks
  12. Thanks!
  13. Hi, I am trying to implement a slider on a website but I have a drop down menu that is positioned underneath the slider. I have tried to use z-index to change the position but It won't work. Could anyone see were my problem is? Link: http://73rdscouts.com/index_slider.html
  14. Beno replied to Beno's topic in General Chat
    Thanks for the advice guys especially Kcooper! Are there any other subjects apart from business studies that will be useful? I'm not sure whether I should take business studies
  15. Beno posted a topic in General Chat
    Hi, In a couple of weeks I need to make my decision on what subjects to take for my GCSE. I have to take English, Maths, Science and core PE which is compulsory for everyone. I would very much like to take a career in Web Design/Graphic Design area. I currently know HTML and CSS and how to implement Javascript. Please take a look at my portfolio www.benwhitedesign.co.uk. I know that a portfolio of work in the Web Design industry mainly speaks higher than A Levels and Degrees but I would like some guidance on what subjects will be most beneficial to me. I am thinking about taking... Graphics, Art, Ict and possibly business studies. I'm thinking that these would help me most but if not please point me in the right direction. I know that it is a long way off thinking about uni and college but what sort of direction should I take there. I have looked at a few courses at colleges in the graphic design field then getting a degree in Graphic design? What sort of qualifications are employers looking for these days for graphic/web designers. I feel that whilst jobs are getting less common I need to make sure that I stand out from others in that area. How much does a average Web Designer get paid a year? I know it isn't the highest paid area of the Technology industry but I believe that doing a job I am passionate about and love doing It would be a huge advantage! I would really appreciate some guidance or advice. Thanks, Ben
  16. I don't mind it, They could have spent a bit more time on it. At least its better than the london 2012 logo that looks like a child has created!
  17. Hi, I personally use Dreamweaver, for me it is a lot more productive, I'm used to the layout and has many tools for creating websites I use it as a text editor not using design view. However... there are many comments on how Dreamweaver makes your code messy and this is a feature called design view. It makes the coding (or supposed to) easier giving you a base to work from. I would notlearn html using it. I would suggest using Notepad and hand coding it that way it gives you a better understanding of HTML and then once you have mastered html then you can make a decision on what piece of software you are going to use. Hope that helps
  18. Beno replied to Alias's topic in Website Hosting
    I would defiantly recommend pixelinternet.co.uk. You can get 1gb web space unlimited bandwidth php, 1 msql database for £1.66 a month. They have more expensive packages with more space ect. There support is very good! Thanks, Ben
  19. How many plugins do you have on an average site?
  20. There is a Mozilla and IE Addon that does it called Xrefresh, http://code.google.com/p/xrefresh/ Takes a bit of setting up but works well
  21. Have you tried getty images? http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/?language=en-GB They are all royaly free stock photos
  22. Don't really know much about wordpress but I have found an article that might help, http://wordpresstips.googlethem.com/how-to-increase-the-file-size-limit-on-uploads-with-wordpress/. Hope it helps
  23. I use Pixel Internet and I think that they are very good. There packages are very cheap and the pages load fast. Not had to use there support yet but it is 24/7. They have very good reviews on the internet.
  24. Oh no, not the mac vs PC debate

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.