Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What do you think this logo looks like ?

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I'm going to utilize years of sign/logo design experience and try my hand at a bit of freelance.

 

I'm just designing a site for myself but i need a bit of input with my own logo. I'm not 100% on it and someone pointed out that the A looks like an R. I've been starting at it all day and it's beginning to take its toll in the judgement department.

 

Please let me know what your first impressions are..

 

http://aijologodesign.com

 

Carl :)

I like the logo, the colour swatches are a cool idea.

 

But it does look like it says "Rijo"

Maybe if you made the crossbar in the A straight instead of rounded? I know all the shapes are rounded, but if you want it to look more like an A at first glance thats how I'd go about it!

 

-Eris

  • Author
I like the logo, the colour swatches are a cool idea.

 

But it does look like it says "Rijo"

Maybe if you made the crossbar in the A straight instead of rounded? I know all the shapes are rounded, but if you want it to look more like an A at first glance thats how I'd go about it!

 

-Eris

 

Cheers,

 

I've gone off it ! lol. I think an entirely new approach is needed. I'm going to try something else for now but thanks for that - the extra input was enough to push me while i was teetering on the edge of scrapping the letter style.

 

Trouble is with me, i struggle to decide on one thing. While i'm working on something i usually get loads of ideas for new things and then end up wanting to do those instead ! It's a vicious circle.

 

muchos gracias,

 

Carl :)

I usually go off my designs as well, normally just as a project is wrapping up.

 

It's most annoying!

  • Author
I usually go off my designs as well, normally just as a project is wrapping up.

 

It's most annoying!

 

 

Lol, yeah just like me ! :)

 

I think i've finally found a colour scheme/design that i'm happy with !

 

I wanted something warmer and more welcoming than the green i was using so i've opted for a red/orage scheme and a bit of an 'illustration' feel. Also, i want to steer clear of the whole web 2.0 thing in my own header, it's everywhere now and in danger of becoming over worked pretty soon (if not already) i think, so i've gone for a more standard raster based image for my own logo. Still needs a lot of work but i'm happy with how it's panning out so far - I really want to try and stand out from the ordinary.

 

It's funny how everything seems to have gone all 'vector' - Personally i would choose a raster image any day of the week. You can do SO much more with it and it's not as if everyone wants to blow their logos up to fit on the side of a house.

 

I guess if i'm going to try and design logos for people again then one of the most important things is going to be my own logo/header !

 

I've got a feeling that this is going to take me ages..

 

:)

First of all I would like to say your work is stunning...

 

In terms of the issue of achieving perfection it's an awkward one because you will probably never be satisfied. I go back to stuff I did a while ago and die of shame.....see it as an evolving project rather than something you have to get absolutely right today.

 

I personally would complete the portfolio and run with it....see what happens.

  • Author
First of all I would like to say your work is stunning...

 

In terms of the issue of achieving perfection it's an awkward one because you will probably never be satisfied. I go back to stuff I did a while ago and die of shame.....see it as an evolving project rather than something you have to get absolutely right today.

 

I personally would complete the portfolio and run with it....see what happens.

 

 

Hi there,

 

Firstly, thanks for the kind words. :)

 

Secondly, you are absolutely spot on with your assesement of achieving perfection. It's funny, but it doesn't really register until i hear someone else say it.

 

You're right, to look at it as an evolving project is the only way to go. If it means anything to you, your words have now given me some much needed focus and i thank you for it - i'd have been chopping and changing for months !!

 

Carl.

Hi

 

I really like the way you played around with the colors. Nice job. I would like to visit your website when it is done, and when your portfolio is up to date. This will go to my "to visit" folder in my bookmarks. Thanks for your link.

  • Author

Thanks for the kind words guys, i'm happy with the progress i'm making at the moment in regards to my site which makes a change !

 

I'm having a bit of an inspiration overload at the moment and i'm in the rare situation of having too many ideas to cope with. It plays havoc with me as i can't seem to focus on one thing for very long when i get like this.

 

I'll be updating the portfolio soon, so thanks for adding me to your 'to visit' list, i look forward to hearing your thoughts once i get a bit further down the line.

 

Carl :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.