Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The best website i have ever seen in my life!

Rate this site out of 5 Stars 13 members have voted

  1. 1. 1 star - Very Poor

    • 2 stars - Poor
      30%
      4
    • 3 stars - Average
      46%
      6
    • 4 Stars - Good
      15%
      2
    • 5 Stars - Excellent
      7%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The UFC 66 Website - Chuck Liddell v Tito Ortiz <-- Link

 

This site is full flash site, please take a look i am not joking when i say it is the best website i have ever visited, im sure eskimo would be interested in taking a look as i know he is a keen flasher (not the kind that wears a mack and flashes his or her bits lol)

 

It is essential to click on 'Feud' in middle top, then use the drag button at bottom middle to view that section, awesome.

 

Also above each fighter view the interview, bio and analysis links :)

 

LEt me know your thoughts.

 

UFC have a mega budget, i would guess this is a $75,000 site.

The UFC 66 Website - Chuck Liddell v Tito Ortiz <-- Link

 

This site is full flash site, please take a look i am not joking when i say it is the best website i have ever visited, im sure eskimo would be interested in taking a look as i know he is a keen flasher (not the kind that wears a mack and flashes his or her bits lol)

 

It is essential to click on 'Feud' in middle top, then use the drag button at bottom middle to view that section, awesome.

 

Also above each fighter view the interview, bio and analysis links :)

 

LEt me know your thoughts.

 

UFC have a mega budget, i would guess this is a $75,000 site.

 

Yes, it's a nice website. But is not really the best I have ever seen. Call it the most entertaining, interactive... but not the best.

Personally I did not care for it too much. I do not like the way it pops another window up into my browser, screen, monitor, etc. I think the artistic work is worth a couple of stars at least :)

I personally don't like the site at all.

 

Firstly the content isn't for me as I'm not interested in that kind of thing, so that put me off instantly.

 

Secondly it took too long to load, even on broadband, which just makes me bored and go elsewhere. When you click on anything, OK, you get a nice scantily clad lady holding a card and have to wait for even more loading and looking at her might make some men and women satisfied with the wait time, but for me it's just annoying and a bit sexist to be honest.

 

Not for me!

Yeah I know where your coming from Eskymo, the loading times are a bit slow, but I guess if your really into that kinda thing then you wouldn't mind waiting as the user experience is pretty impressive.

 

I think the layout/interactivity is nice the heart beatsound on the nav' rollovers is a good touch, again suiting the demographic well. If you look past the subject matter and just see how it's built etc it's quite a complex - with embeded video - things coming to life etc. I think it's quite impressive from that point of view - plenty to see and do. But it's cons are slow loading times etc.

 

:)

I must connect my speakers and have another look as I didn't get the sound when I viewed the last time - speakers are always plugged into my iPod.

  • 1 month later...
Personally I did not care for it too much. I do not like the way it pops another window up into my browser, screen, monitor, etc. I think the artistic work is worth a couple of stars at least :)

 

Completely agree. Although I dislike how it works the designer does deserve some credit.

I honestly don't like it as much. If I were a bigshot company, I want my visitors to get the best out of my site. There are many people out there that cannot run such site. It takes forever for them to load such site. The designer did a great job on making it however, full flash sites are not a fav of mine. I would have really liked the site if it was coded using css and or just normal html and xhtml.

  • 3 weeks later...

The site definitely appeals to the 14-26 male crowd, however from a design point of view has many things which couldve been avoided.

  • 10 months later...
The site definitely appeals to the 14-26 male crowd, however from a design point of view has many things which couldve been avoided.

It's not the best website I've ever seen....although I can't remember which one is.....

 

The subject matter of the website has clouded my judgment as I'm baffled by anyone wanting to punch someone's lights out (although some motorists have tempted me to give it try whilst out on my motorbike) and I'm even more baffled by someone who wants to watch.

 

Ignoring that, I do like the design. Instant appeal for fans and it's got us talking!

DULL...got bored of waiting for the content to load...seems unnecessary to have the entire site in flash.

I am about to start on a website for a client to promote 'white collar boxing' and there are elements of this i like. it is mean and moody, the fighters facing each other is very powerful and something i could use. the drage bar with video is beyond me but i wonder if i could use a similar idea to show the journey of a white collar fighter. From when they come in in their street clothes, through the blood,sweat and tears of the training regime and culminating of still images of their big fight.

 

The more i think about this, the more i think i would be better subbing this out, so if anyone has ideas/experience then let me know..............

Hey all,

 

I like it, it's certainly not boring and you won't forget it in a hurry.

 

Best i've seen ?, no way. Personally, there's something not quite right with it and it could have been better.

 

The metal flooring surround doesn't 'feel' right for the site. Maybe because they are floor panels and they are vertical. :)

 

PLUS ! (Noticed this right away) - the vertical bar on the right doesnt line up at the bottom !! Thats me being picky, but i can see quite a few faults with the surround graphics, they are a bit too clinical for me and all of the shadows are in the wrong places ! (makes it look like a load of 'mish mash' panels just thrown together.)

 

Then again, i guess that they weren't trying for a masterpiece..

I am about to start on a website for a client to promote 'white collar boxing'...

 

Is that like Fight Club? 'Cause you know what the first rule of Fight Club is. "You do NOT talk about Fight Club!" :vava:

 

j/k ;)

Ive seen MUCH better flash sites. i feel sorry for the company who paid for that.

Ive seen MUCH better flash sites. i feel sorry for the company who paid for that.

 

lol, yeah ! you can guarantee that they paid a FORTUNE for it and most of us lot are finding plenty wrong with it.

that is one of the best sites i have seen. being a fan of the UFC, and a fan of tito ortiz (the blonde one) that site is the only site that has ever given me an adreniline rush. obviously the wbesite is aimed at fans of the UFC, and not you guys. so i think they defintely got what they paid for

that is one of the best sites i have seen. being a fan of the UFC, and a fan of tito ortiz (the blonde one) that site is the only site that has ever given me an adreniline rush. obviously the wbesite is aimed at fans of the UFC, and not you guys. so i think they defintely got what they paid for

 

 

Hey bud,

 

i LUURVVEE the UFC, and thats kinda why i'm being picky - It's good but I think that it could have been better.

 

:)

 

Actually, this is kind of a good lesson, it just shows that the ultimate website is impossible. Too many variances in tastes. One guy thinks is good, the other thinks its rubbish and so on.. etc..etc.. me - i try to stay in the middle and say that they're all ok. lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.