Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Facebook Comments vs. 'standard' comments

Featured Replies

I'd like to know which comment system you prefer. Are people more likely to comment with their Facebook account (so with the standard settings every comment will be shown on their Facebook Wall) or with a system like Disqus or the default way to comment on a website?

As a end user i prefer a bog standard reply, i don't want it on my facebook, but maybe give the user an option of both?

  • Author

As a end user i prefer a bog standard reply, i don't want it on my facebook, but maybe give the user an option of both?

I don't want to use both ;) It is possible within Facebook Comments to uncheck 'post on my Wall'.

I tend to go with Disqus. I like the management interface, it's nicer than having your comments inside a CMS. There spam protection is strong and the real-time stuff is cool.

 

I think you can add a Facebook and Twitter login, although it may be for premium accounts only.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.