Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

styledwebdesign

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by styledwebdesign

  1. Morning All, Ok nearly finished my portfolio just after some feedback on the design. Thanks www.creative-addiction.co.uk
  2. Hi, Ok first of all I'd have a think about what colour scheme your going to implament accross the whole site, http://tutorialblog.org/30-color-scheme-to...-for-designers/ has a list of websites that will help... Add some colour, the buttons look a little large and like they have been plonked there... http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/w...gation_tips.asp here is a good tutorial on building navigation. Have you thought about how you want the footer to look like?
  3. Form Validation Using PHP Here's a tutorial I found
  4. Morning All, I'm looking for a bold script font like the one used on this sites logo font Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  5. Thanks Rosie perfect!
  6. Evening All, Can anyone point me in the direction on some good tutorials on designing a grid based layout...
  7. Thanks guys some great feedback, @ Pedro Thanks for the link thats just what I'm looking for! @Rosiesp No its called Collvectia I made a few changes it but your right I've had a look at Chalet and its alternatives there are some nice ones!
  8. I like it, the colour scheme is nice and the logo add just a bit of brightness! the tabs are clear and clean coding is good and easy to navigate... A nice very site nice I think...
  9. Does anyone know how I can correctly code the footer so I can have the option of scrolling horizontally, I want the footer to stay at the bottom though
  10. Haven't got any specific resources for this but google showed up a few good results http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...ing+cart+tutori
  11. I don't the answer sorry but surley its documented here...http://codex.wordpress.org/Troubleshooting I had a quick look but I've got to go, sure it will be there somewhere!
  12. IMO the header is a little large, its causes the page to scroll horizontally, which would be fine if it had a purpose but it doesn't really... The whole site just feels a little dark and bland, add some colour! Its supposed to be a bight and happy place which will make people feel comfortable and warm, I think a portfolio really says something about the designer and who a potential client will be working with!
  13. Morning Janice, I like the site but is a little bland, could do with a nice colour scheme and maybe some nice graphics and stuff, Since you'll be competing with sites such as http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/ you'll have to really come up with something special!
  14. Morning All, I am looking for some reviews on my new portfolio site, I've only done the index page at the moment just looking for some feedback before I go any further... Thanks very much for your time Creative Addiction
  15. Evening All, I really should know this but its something I have hidden away from and found other methods to avoid... I have the layout below which I'm trying to slice, How do I slice a background image that I can tile across the entire page? I will then centre my layout but I obviously need the diagonal lines to tile nicely... Thanks very much in advance
  16. Evening All, How did Deaxon get this effect with the slide show? www.deaxon.com
  17. got to say, great site! very nice indeed
  18. I didn't want any vaildation.... I have taken it out of the php code now.. <?php $EmailFrom = "Vanilla pod enquiry"; $EmailTo = "vanillapodstudio@hotmail.co.uk"; $Subject = "Vanilla pod enquiry"; $name = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['name'])); $email = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['email'])); $telephone = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['telephone'])); $comments = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['comments'])); // prepare email body text $Body = ""; $Body .= "name: "; $Body .= $name; $Body .= "\n"; $Body .= "email: "; $Body .= $email; $Body .= "\n"; $Body .= "telephone: "; $Body .= $telephone; $Body .= "\n"; $Body .= "comments: "; $Body .= $comments; $Body .= "\n"; // send email $success = mail($EmailTo, $Subject, $Body, "From: <$EmailFrom>"); // redirect to success page if ($success){ print "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=contactedok.htm\">"; } else{ print "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=error.htm\">"; } ?>
  19. the php <?php $EmailFrom = "Vanilla pod enquiry"; $EmailTo = "vanillapodstudio@hotmail.co.uk"; $Subject = "Vanilla pod enquiry"; $name = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['name'])); $email = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['email'])); $telephone = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['telephone'])); $comments = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['comments'])); // validation $validationOK=true; if (!$validationOK) { print "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=error.htm\">"; exit; } // prepare email body text $Body = ""; $Body .= "name: "; $Body .= $name; $Body .= "\n"; $Body .= "email: "; $Body .= $email; $Body .= "\n"; $Body .= "telephone: "; $Body .= $telephone; $Body .= "\n"; $Body .= "comments: "; $Body .= $comments; $Body .= "\n"; // send email $success = mail($EmailTo, $Subject, $Body, "From: <$EmailFrom>"); // redirect to success page if ($success){ print "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=contactedok.htm\">"; } else{ print "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=error.htm\">"; } ?> HTML <form method="POST" action="contact.php"> <p><input name="name" type="text" class="form_box"></p> <p><input name="email" type="text" class="form_box"></p> <p><input name="telephone" type="text" class="form_box"></p> <p><textarea name="comments" cols="10" rows="10" class="form_box"></textarea></p> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"> </form>
  20. sorry.. its Vanilla Pod
  21. Hi All, Can anyone see why my contact form isn't working?? I get an error A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.
  22. not really could you explain in more detail? Do you mean it wouldn't expand height without a px declaration?
  23. Thanks very much for all your comments its a working progress I will post again when I've made some more changes and content.
  24. Morning, I have been playing around with a new portfolio, not finished yet but can you give me your thoughts so far please... Thanks very much

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.