Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

styledwebdesign

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by styledwebdesign

  1. Evening All, I'm in the development stages of my new site but in google chrome the nav bar dissappers the link is still here but no background image shows. Can someone have a look pls see if they can spot the problem. Thanks My site
  2. I really like it, very clean and fresh. The only thing I noticed was the margin between your last section and footer is larger then the rest... Brilliant work!
  3. Evening All, I'm after some helpful criticism or tips on how I could improve my design. my site Thanks very much
  4. Can anyone see why my site is scrolling for miles in firefox and chrome, but its ok in IE???? My link
  5. If you have a look at http://www.next.co.uk/ you'll see they have the video's on the with an option to turn off the sound on the video... How is this done does anyone know?
  6. Can anyone see why firefox isn't floating my footer correctly? www.promisedlandevents.com
  7. Afternoon All, How do I create a menu on a facebook profile? If you see http://www.facebook.com/nextonline?LID=01_05_07_05 there is a navigation menu on the left column which links directly to their shop Any ideas?
  8. ArHa Your right... thanks very much!!!!
  9. Evening All, Can I have a review on my site please... I'm not overly happy with the look, there needs to be more graphics which I'm working on, the logo could be better its hard though because the client is insistant on the pink blue pink Link
  10. I have found a cpanel on the file list on filezilla. The problem is I don't know who the host is or any login details for the host. I only have the FTP details....
  11. Ok yep thats worked thanks... ok I now have another small question... How do connect to my webserver? Everything is on localhost on my PC now I want to upload everything to the site. All files are on waiting but how do I connect to the sever and create my databases on there???? Sorry if its a silly question
  12. Thats what I thought but I keep on getting an error say there is something wrong with my php, let me try again and I'll post what is says
  13. Evening All, I have created a MySql database with my website and now its all working I would like export it from localhost to my server. How do I do it? can't really find any tutorials... I'm using WAMP
  14. t 450px wide. However I don't seem to be able to keep the quailty, I've tried saving as a GIF, PNG, JPG, nothing I seem to do will work? Please can someone please help? www.creative-addiction.co.uk/images/ush.jpg
  15. Evening All, Ok can you please have a look at this SITE It has a fading rollover effect... Would it be possible to change the large image on rollover?
  16. Afternoon, I'm looking for an image gallery that pref works with a lightbox effect, I also need to add a CMS and a shopping cart system. Any Sugestions
  17. <li> is the correct way, you can then style list list to display as you need. Also if it ever came to change the address it would be a lot simpler.
  18. Link Arr glad it's not wrong just a little worried it wasn't best practice...
  19. Any Ideas?
  20. Evening Jessica, Welcome to the forum...
  21. You can't use two background images, you would need to create nother way of doing it. Can you explain what your trying to achive or attach an image so I can see another way I don't know why you would you two images? why not just one?
  22. You should just need to reduce the width to accomadate the padding... I think we may have crossed wires if you paste your html and css I will take a look for you.
  23. Ok I understand you... You have to edit the source code of the HTML document...its a little hard to explain without knowing what knowledge you have so please excuse me if you already know this.... When you slice the images and publish using PS it will create code for you which you upload to the internet... you need to edit that code to link to your flash file. This is the correct way to insert flash... <object width="550" height="400"> <param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf"> <embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400"> </embed> </object> However its not just as easy as that because PS doesn't code very well at all...if you send me your files I will have a look for you. charles.e.marsh@hotmail.co.uk
  24. Say you use a 30px padding on a 100x100px box... so... <div id="box></div> #box { height:100px; width:100px; padding:30px; } the box will actually be 160px x 160px 30+100+30
  25. You can use google's search tool if you don't feel confident ocding your own... www.google.com/cse Flash banners are easy enough to create but you will need a flash programe... here the first tutorial I came accross http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Full-flash-Banner/20583 Shopping carts are a little more in depth it really depends on what you need... PayPal has there own shopping cart which you could use... If you need any advice or help just send me a message Charlie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.