Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

series3graphics

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by series3graphics

  1. Thanks guys, very interesting feedback. I'll have a look at the site again and ad another post when I've made some changes to the site. Cheers..
  2. I know I may be asking for trouble here as I realise the site is a bit naff, but I would be grateful for some honest feedback about my site. Suggestions on making this better for users and more appealing would be very welcome. My site
  3. Without a doubt the new one is the way forward. This one will bring you customers for sure. The old one won't. (obviously it needs finishing). I would think twice about large fixed footers etc. They may please other designers but will hinder you getting business - which is clearly what we are trying to achieve. All the comments that you have received are only opinions, of course. The decision rests with you..
  4. I'm building an ecommerce store to sell vinyl records. The site is up and running and made with prestashop open source ecommerce program. I need to incorporate the wimpy mp3 player and have buy it now buttons attached to the tracks. This is giving me a major headache. It needs to function something like this:- www.twisteddownloads.com The following links tell you how to do it - but I just can't get my head around it. http://www.wimpyplayer.com/examples/mp3/jskit/wimpy_js_example7.html http://www.wimpyplayer.com/examples/mp3/jskit/wimpy_js_example9.html a million pound reward for anyone that can help me!! honest;-) Or maybe a nice cup of tea and a biscuit
  5. That's a really good company - I've noticed you guy's on the web as you are based near me and I have to say I am very impressed with your work. Top drawer stuff.. Anyway, hello and welcome to the forum. Simon
  6. Fair point. Kind of hit a brick wall with this one.. Got loads of other stuff on at moment and can't seem to get motivated with it
  7. Further to my earlier comments, the header looks fine in Google chrome and probably works fine in Firefox - it's Internet explorer where it looks wrong so I guess this is more a case of checking it in various browsers.. Perhaps testing it in W3C for CSS validation will cure the problems.
  8. Just working on the following site, far from finished! :- LINK I've incorporated a flash music player. Client has music samples for each item. The music player is obviously a big aspect of the site. Looking at ways in which I can add samples to the product listings for a & b sides where tracks are played/queued and can also be added to cart if they like the track. I need to get my head round this this week and of course all advice & opinions are welcome especially if you have done something like this yourself before. Working with Prestashop.
  9. ps the design looks good to me. Fun, bright and clear. Exactly how it should be.
  10. This is great! I'm looking forward to seeing Dave's travels!!!!
  11. Must be some dodgy coding in there because my browser says 'error on page'. The header seems too big and doesn't look right. The bottom visa/etc images don't look right against the grey background. Choose better quality ones without the white edge pixels or leave them out. The actual photo's of the interior design work are very good but somehow this site doesn't show them off as well as it could. It should be less about the website itself and more about the photo's that you showcase. Give careful consideration as to how you will achieve this and the site will be a success, IMO.
  12. If I'm being honest it's like going back in time to the early 90's
  13. i think that's much better keep building on that and it should be good!
  14. This is good work. Keep it exactly as it is
  15. Looks like a cheap and tacky template website to me
  16. Aww, leave them alone. Anyone that needs to pass off a template by http://www.freecsstemplates.org as their own work needs all the help they can get!
  17. The colour scheme does not suit the subject matter. Choose something like #f7f7f7 for the background colour and change the green. Do a google search on mortgage consultants to get some inspiration and see what styles they are using successfully. For example:- LINK I would take that business more seriously than the one in your link because of the design of the website.
  18. It seems to function fine in Chrome.. Looks nice actually - but what purpose does the site serve? Not sure I can see the point of it. Unless I'm mistaken it's just a load of sites that you like the look of, right? Or is this a portfolio of your work? That aside, I have looked at various sites that you are showcasing and there's some nice work there.
  19. Its quite hard to say because there's obviously loads of work left to do. Keep on going with it and keep us posted with the progress..
  20. Implemented some of the changes.. Revised Site
  21. Yep - you got that right

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.