Everything posted by series3graphics
-
My own site, suggestions needed
definitely agree with the above - need to see some examples of work. I liked the fact you get to see who you are working with by having the picture. £250 - possibly bit much for a template website.. Why use templates anyway? It's much better to work from scratch.
-
My FIrst Template
It does the job and it's neat so for a template it's very good
-
Review our site
too true.. I always try to find at least one positive thing to say when people post on here, but I must admit - with that site I was struggling! Surely they don't expect to steal business away from the UK with sites like that??!
-
Review our site
it shows a basic Arial font when I looked at it on my laptop using Google chrome. Haven't a clue what font was used originally but if thats the one you can see - yes I agree that font was terrible.. My laptop probably doesn't have that weird font installed (fortunately!) so it must have reverted to the default arial font. I thought the designer had changed the font, but obviously not.
-
Window Cleaning Site OPINIONS NEEDED
good advice - thanks, I'll check it out!
-
Review our site
I notice the font has now been changed - vast improvement! As for the other points mentioned, I'm sure you'll get there with a bit of perseverance.
-
Review our site
use a font that is more legible
-
Window Cleaning Site OPINIONS NEEDED
Hi all, I realise the following site isn't going to win any design awards! It was made a few years ago to make a bit of revenue from advertising while serving a useful purpose. It get's a fair bit of traffic. I have to confess this site has been really neglected and it shows. What I am interested in is if anyone has any thoughts on how to take this to the next level. It's currently a free service. I'm looking at various membership platforms and what I would like is if someone could give me some really good advice. I know people are going to criticise the debt consolidation stuff written all over it but that was to get Google to show more expensive ads. http://www.windowcleaningroundsforsale.com The site has had a lot of link building work and ranks high in Google so it's got a good foundation to do well. Currently I'm updating the ads manually which was alright at first but is now becoming a pain in the a**e! I have too much other stuff going on so need something that takes most of the labour out of it. Things I've considered - wordpress using membership add-on - joomla - other CMS. What are your opinions? Thanks for any input - it's appreciated. As usual all opinions are welcome and will be well noted. Simon
-
Hope to have recommended background image for my webiste etc
Assuming that all the forms etc function correctly (I haven't checked them) you have a good basis for a good site. All you need is a decent header - perhaps professionally done - added to the top of every page and the site would probably do the job very well. The header should include a nice professional logo in keeping with the subject matter of the site and to remove that green, it's too much! That's my 2 cents anyway!.. ps, I don't mean to sound cruel but I did notice one or two spelling errors and for a site dealing with tuition it's important to fix those asap. Check the following on the homepage 'tution' , 'terms & condtions'
-
Feedback on my Portfolio?
nice work. I particularly like the first 4 images. well done. For a 15yr old that's very good indeed.
-
new site launched for MAJOR client
I'm so Jealous. that's a good one for your portfolio..
-
Priory Gas Heating - Reviews please
I think the site serves it's purpose very well.
-
JenneralNonsense
The site should do well. Noticed the 'currently watching' at the bottom, Robin Hood - sucked big time!! What accent was that exactly?!?! all the best with the site. It's definately unique
-
My own site
Its a nice site. Like it. Just wondering what sets you apart from the competition (there's a lot of it out there!) I suppose if your custom comes mainly from referrals its perfectly fine, but if you're trying to get new custom it doesn't perhaps do enough to convince? There's nothing anyone could criticise about the site though, in my opinion.
-
Hi all, Series 3 Graphics NEW HERE!
**********THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE************
-
Free Bereavement Support Website
honestly not sure about this one. I notice google ads all over it. Not sure its a fitting subject for a site that makes revenue. Maybe if it was just there to sincerely help without making money I could maybe see the point. The forum would need serious moderation.. Overall it just makes me a little uneasy - not the subject matter, thats something we all have to face - but the motive for the sites creation.
-
portfolio site, feel free to get your teeth in ;p
The page loaded fine, it was specific pieces. The first couple of items I clicked on - a message came up 'this link is f*****d!' or 'this link is broken'. Checked again and now they all seem to be working.. I like the car dealer website.
-
portfolio site, feel free to get your teeth in ;p
Like it.. You have a nice style. Simple, not trying to be too clever. Quite effective. Personally didn't mind the contact form, thought it was fine. Like the logo. Problems - portfolio links broken and kept swearing at me?! guess its not quite finished. Overall I think you should get business from it. The table of skills was an interesting idea.
-
website design feedback
First impressions - site looks good. Attractive. I noticed you've utilised the 'fixed' footer. Perhaps it is a little too big and obtrusive?
-
osCommerce? Magento? Anything else?
Run away from osCommerce!
-
Series 3 Graphics NEW WEBSITE
**********THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE**********
-
Series 3 Graphics NEW WEBSITE
Just a message about the contact form image - its the offices of where I am based. Thanks for the replies. Some interesting points made.. I'm certainly going to give everything careful consideration.. PS, just came across this forum today and I'm liking it. I work alone so it's great to get some interaction with other web designers etc. Sorry for posting the same thing twice. Was an accident and I didn't know how to delete! Regards Simon
-
My portfolio website
Perhaps some people post on here expecting to hear how great they are - rather than to seek the objective criticism that is provided. I don't think anyone was trying to be cruel. They seem like valid observations to me.
-
New site please let me know what you thik
I like the 'scrollto' aspect so that everything is on the same page. The labels are quite a nice touch, something a bit different.. ..but I agree with DAVEP. there needs to be more contrast between the blues of the main body area. Maybe make the logo a bit bolder too somehow. just an opinion......
-
Series 3 Graphics NEW WEBSITE
**********THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE**********