Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hi Guys, Do your worst!

Featured Replies

I know I may be asking for trouble here as I realise the site is a bit naff, but I would be grateful for some honest feedback about my site.

 

Suggestions on making this better for users and more appealing would be very welcome.

 

My site

Edited by series3graphics

It's clean and pretty. If the logo were in flash, it might be nice.

Only the "ad" buttons at the top that were a little weird I found, maybe a brighter color to that images would be better.

It's clean and pretty. If the logo were in flash, it might be nice.

Only the "ad" buttons at the top that were a little weird I found, maybe a brighter color to that images would be better.

 

This is certainly neither clean nor pretty. And advising people to put a logo in flash (and actually be an IMPROVEMENT)? That's just idiotic.

 

This suffers from WAY too much content. The text is small, leading is too tight.

 

Everything is cramped. The two columns on each side frame the content and squeeze it together, removing that nice open feeling you could be getting from all that whitespace.

 

Logo is bad, looks like clipart merged with 90s wordart. Look at sites like http://www.logomoose.com/ for inspiration and an indication of what a modern aesthetic feels like.

 

The information architecture (IA) is severely lacking. Things look haphazardly placed across the page and don't seem to fall into some kind of order. The three sets of navigation are confusing.

 

There are a myriad more IA and User Experience (UX) problems.

 

You really need to brush up on composition basics, take a gander at modern websites and see what works and what doesn't, and start over. Sketch things out, plan out where logical places for all your elements will be, find a way to make the navigation less confusing and then bring it to life.

The text is small, leading is too tight.

 

Everything is cramped.

 

Ha! +1, that man. That's the first criticism that springs to mind for most sites I see posted for review.

 

To the OP: All my porcine colleague's comments are to the point. I'll add one extra little tip that comes in handy when designing large, complex sites: start from a single piece of content (in your case, the product page) and work outwards rather than the other way around. Think about what the user likely wants (to find and buy one template for a specific purpose) rather than what you want (to shove as many options in front of as many eyeballs as possible), follow some basic design principles and you won't go too far wrong.

  • Author

Thanks guys, very interesting feedback. I'll have a look at the site again and ad another post when I've made some changes to the site.

 

Cheers..

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.